MindFuck Movies

Any movies similar to Interstellar to do with space and science.

whoa.....

No space but science and artsy mind fuck.

>citation needed

More abstract sci fi

this scene seriously reminded me of that famous physicist who was fired for jokingly saying "hoes are too emotional in the workplace", and then the hoes in his workplace overheard him and angrily demanded his termination. also just because it isn't quantifiable doesn't mean it transcends time and space, just our shitty understanding of the mind.

Moon
Solaris (1972)
Primer (aka the best time travel film)

lol tryhard

just watch 12 monkeys its a 100x better version of the same thing

But everybody who's interested in mind fuck movies has seen 12 Monkeys. Also, I disagree it's 100x better. I thought 12 Monkeys was bloated and as a result it and La Jetee are about evenly matched.

Arrival did some of the things Interstellar was trying to do except without the hamfisted melodrama.

>mindfuck
This film holds your hand for high school level physics OP

for carl

Just watched wild blue yonder, herzog's low budget stoner scifi, and found it way more enjoyable than big budget shit like interstellar

>Country's down the drain because of the special interests. We need somebody in the White House so rich, he doesn't have to listen to anybody.

That one fucking line ruined the movie.

>first 2/3 are sci-fi kino. Unlike interstellar the last 1/3 is pretty meh.

>interstellar
>to do with science

Kip Thorne advised on the movie and said the most proven scientific inaccuracy was the clouds of ice on Mann's planet. Everything else (aside from what is actually in a blackhole because nobody knows) is as scientifically accurate as possible. The movie company even funded scientific research into gravitational lensing to make the black hole and accretion disc look as real as possible.

Great choice man. Really, really liked this one.

Just watched Timecrimes... it's up there with primer.

WEW!

Timecrimes was pretty shit desu. I was extremely let down by it because I'd seen Primer a few times prior and was expecting something similar

It was as good. The plot was concise.

more like kip thorne got paid a shitton to say the movie is scientific as possible

>scientifically accurate
Would that be libtard science or drumpf science tho? The point is, there are always two or more opposing sides to anything scientific outside of a 'law'. Also, there are things just discovered a decade ago that are staples of science now like dark matter.

Uh what?

The wormhole, time dilation, how the black hole looks, planet size tidal waves etc are all consistent with General Relativity. IDK what you're saying.

>how the black hole looks can be determined with General Relativity and maths
We don't even know what it looks like through observation, because it swallows light you see. How do we know any of the cinematography is accurate unless it's a blatant copy of the satellite images?