AOTY thread

AOTY thread

just dropping some of my favorites from the year

Nice covers.

that nigga still making beats?

What a shame that Electric Wizard, GY!BE, and Boris didn't even make the list. Pretty disappointing year in that regard.
But still, plenty of good shit this year and I got really into King Gizzard so it's all good.

name of album?

Man, I really wanted to like the new Amenra, but the new direction doesn't cut it for me. Too much cheese that some of the riffs just can't make up for.

Yeah I liked the previous one more, but I think this is still pretty good.

Mass V is legit one of my favorite albums. I might listen to VI again to see if I still feel the same way, but some of the songwriting and cleans (not to knock on Colin, he's an excellent vocalist, they just seem out of place here and there) is what turned me off initially.

king gizzard announced they"ll release a new album tomorrow

Actually I wonder, did this fly under Sup Forums's radar or something? I remember the board being pretty stoked about By The Throat and A U R O R A but Ben Frost's latest seems conspicuously absent from Sup Forums.

This.

I didn't love every track on it but nothing wow'ed me more from start to finish.

Um, guys?

Did King Gizzard literally just release aoty one day before new years?

Well it's here. Listening to it right now. Will have to update the list probably.
Bit unfair though, I'd need more time to judge it. I didn't dig Flying Microtonal Banana very much until I gave it some more time and eventually it clicked so hard. Who knows maybe this one will undergo the same process and end up my favourite of the 5.

Meant to reply to

>pic related

also:

metal aoty