NEW KING GIZZ ALBUM

kinggizzard.bandcamp.com/album/gumboot-soup

It's an Oddments-style collection of B-sides from the other 4 albums, just released a few minutes ago. Share your opinions and lmao's about the sick riffs here.

Other urls found in this thread:

themusic.com.au/news/all/2014/10/07/how-50k-changed-it-all-for-king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard/
youtube.com/watch?v=MLlNDtF_qrA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they fucking did, the madmen. best contemporary band, bar none.

Good to hear Ambrose singing more

Does it have the songs they released last week or whatever?

it does.

No, none of the singles are on the album

The fuck do you think genius?

Danke

I guess I deserve that.

>being a condescending dick makes me cool
fuck off

I agree, his voice has gotten ALOT better lately too. Beginner's Luck is a total jam.

Going deeper into Doom Metal territory with 'The Great Chain Of Being' makes me happy as a fan of both Gizz and Doom Metal

>What's_happening_Poltergeist.jpg

$13 for the digital?!

I mean its kicking my ass so it's tempting.

they released like barely 1/3 of what Tess Dawson, Bones, Viper, etc. released this year with 7x as many ppl don't play yourself

>releasing alot, but completely different genres, mood and concepts every time
>releasing more, but it's repetitive, derivative, unoriginal shlock that sounds like it's made in FruityLoops by a 12 year-old

you're the one playing yourself, buddy

DUDE IM FUCKING BITCHES IN MY HOTBOXED BATHROOM WHILE BLASTING RECYCLED RIFFS

forgot the LMAO

I'm damn tempted to give this aoty but I won't ever do it at least for a few years. Best body of work and aoty? That's overkill I don't care if its the truth.

This is their best album this year imo. Best song is either Beginner's Luck or I'm Sleepin' In.

ok ok
>Tess Dawson
>5 LPs, 8 EPs, 6 hrs of content
>Trans -> experimental rock
>Drollotics -> jazz punk
>fibs -> plunderphonics
>darkpunk -> industrial
>ugh -> trip hop
>ice -> idm
>peep -> dark ambient
>bomb -> post hardcore
>fire -> trip hop
>tire -> future garage
>vapor -> prog pop
>new year -> idk yet, it's just been released
vs
>gizz
>4 LPs, 1 compilation, 1 EP, 2 hrs of content
>FMB -> garage rock
>MOTU -> garage rock
>SOBE -> jazz rock
>Poly -> garage rock
>Gum -> it's bsides so ... garage rock
>TLOLVB -> garage rock

hmmmm

kinda activates ur almonds

Was it autism?

electronic music takes significantly less effort than conceptual psych rock with an actual band and instruments retard

anyone have a mega link yet?

>poly garage rock
ok retard

I couldn't resist

Fucking gold

MY SON'S

amazing

I just hit it. They've got Bandcamp set to 3 plays. Thank God it's in YouTube. American Spotify doesnt have it yet.

They released 4 albums of shit and a cutting floor comp. Mark Kozelek put out 4 albums, all of which are at least 2-3 times as long as king gizz's and are a thousand times more innovative and profound.

>4 albums of shit and a cutting floor comp.

t. shitposter that hasn't listened to any of the albums.

>durrr someone else released a lot of music so who cares

Why are Gizz haters so pointlessly autistic?

>4 albums of shit

can someone please take the 2 minutes to upload to mega

splendid

Literally brainlets that doesn't see how many genres they touch upon. Also, King Gizz isn't meant to be "profound". It's exactly what I like so much about them, it's purely about the music, not about having some pseudo-intellectual "message.

who is this person
googling her gives me nothing

Thats not the one you posted in the discord, faggot

All their stuff sounds like half assed takes on bands like Acid Mothers Temple and Amon Duul II. The exception is that jazzy one, but that was especially godawful since it was even further off its jazz mark than the other albums' psych riff jams.

I'd probably like this band more if their name wasn't so fucking dumb sounding

Man, I love Acid Mother's Temple aswell, but comparing them with the gizz is pretty ridiculous. They're wildly different in both composition and sound.

I changed it up bitch

Like, I really wanna like King Gizz; I love the whole hippie collective shtick which is why I brought up those two bands. It's just that their jams feel kinda sparse and repetitive on each record, as opposed to like certain AMT albums or ADII albums or Guru Guru albums if wanna get that deep into jam based krautrock where there's so much more going on in the jams both within a given moment and throughout a track. Idk a band with this many members shouldn't have such a relatively sparse sound imo.

I can totally understand what you mean, but that's literally the reason they're so different in composition and sound to me. You could argue King Gizz is a "minimalistic psych" band, with a more methodically-based approach, which results in more a simulated "jam" sound, but isn't a jam at all. They aren't mainly psych rock at all, they're mainly garage combined with elements from different genres, without the whole "some dudes that just picked up a guitar a few months ago" element. ACM isn't minimalistic at all and do feel like pure stream-of-consciousness jams purely focussed on the psychedelic side of things.

I think people just generally misunderstand what King Gizz is about. These guys are trained musicians doing something mostly done by untrained musicians.

Pls post discord link, i want to shitpost about king gizz too

I'm iffy on half the content that Gizz have put out this year, but Common As Light is easily the worst album of the year

can a man get a link?

>Common As Light is easily the worst album of the year

kys

I'll take what you said into account. But one thing I can't agree with is that psych bands might not have trained musicians and that Gizz is doing that sound with trained musicians being different. Using the examples of the bands I have already mentioned, Acid Mother's Temple often use aspects of world music for which they listen to that stuff a lot and try to understand it, learn how it works before using it in their music. Amon Duul II was comprised of the most skilled/actually trained musicians of the Amon Duul collective which as a whole did admittedly have guys that didn't know wtf they were doing (which is why ADII was formed.) Guru Guru actually had free jazz musicians in their group (they have even done straightforward free jazz with Peter Brotzmann and Sonny Sharrock both guys who have free jazzy records on the Sup Forumsessentials chart.)

Don't you wanna max out their bandcamp plays?

Sounds like fucking Mighty Boosh music

4 singles are the best on the album, the rest are good to great, and The Great Chain is the worst track.

>Great Chain is the worst
Which is saying a lot.

Is King Gizzard the Rick and Morty of music?

>soulseek faget who had the album in flac just went offline
reeee comeback
please

For real, the only person online has 128. How the fuck did they get that? Bandcamp doesn't even offer 128!

spotify for burgers when

If any of you bought it, please for the love of god give us a mega

he probably YouTube to mp3’d lmao

buy the album.

>82kbps
nope try again

Wait so you guys want me to buy this for you or something?

This. I find it funny how articulately and over-the-top people who hate on them on Sup Forums try to label their music when they’re probably one of the least pretentious bands out there especially for the kind of music they make. It’s literally “I hate them because other people listen to them”

No, but the more you say it that more you'll make yourself believe it.

DUDE

Reminder that the Pickle Riff spammer got outed as a Kpop fag

>it's another episode of Sup Forums is angry because a rock band exists

I'm gonna buy a physical copy. I just wanna listen to it in the meantime

Listened to all but this most recent one. The best of them was a 5/10. This band sucks and never does anything new. Everything is a minor variation adding already used ideas to each release.
Lots of people released a lot of music this year. Most of it was better than gizz. This band is absurdly overrated.
I can understand why you don't like it.
They bounce around the same 3 genres that have already been revival-ed to death. They're not even particularly good at those genres. Goat is a far better and more interesting contemporary psych band.
I can see why a lot of people didn't like it. I hated it at first but it really grew on me. I'm not going to try to defend it. and I'm not here to tell people they can't like king gizz, whatever, enjoy it. But the autism heralding these guys as the most innovative and hardest working band around is absurd. It's just simply not true. All of you fuckers can like this band all you want, but the circlejerk is ridiculous.

not surprised

Reminder that King Gizzard won some $50,000 grant which led to them being spamvertised across all the big sites

themusic.com.au/news/all/2014/10/07/how-50k-changed-it-all-for-king-gizzard-and-the-lizard-wizard/

>tfw when you were already a fan before this, while literally living on the other side of the world
:^)

it's time to go back
slsk

>the circlejerk is ridiculous

It’s a thread about the release of their album, you fucking retard. Just hide the thread

>Lots of people released a lot of music this year. Most of it was better than gizz. This band is absurdly overrated.

OK, what were your 5 favorite albums of this year?

If I don't know this, your word means absolutely nothing.

It's on YT
youtube.com/watch?v=MLlNDtF_qrA&feature=youtu.be

SOMEONE

A
FUCKING

DOWNLOADABLE

LINK
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

IM NOT A 16 YEAR OLD FAGGOT WHO LISTENS TO SHIT ON YOUTUBE/BANDCAMP I WANT MP3S TO PUT ON MY IPOD AND WORKOUT OUT TO OH MY FUCKING GOD ITS NOT THAT FUCKING HARD

ID DO TI MYSELF BUT FLASHGOT DOESNT WORKW ITH THE NEW VERSION OF FIREFOX AND IM NOT IN MOOD TO DOWNGRADE FIREFOX WHICH I ONLY USE FOR THIS ONE REASON ANYWAYS BUT I DONT FEEL LIKE DOING RIGHT NOW

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I HATE NEO Sup Forums

It’s already on slsk and torrents you literal retard

who cares

ONE PERSON IS SHARING ON SOULSEK, THEY ARE NOW OFFLINE

>TORRENTS

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH

I FUCKING HATE TORRENTS THAT SHIT IS GAY BUT OK FINE ILL GOOGLE IT

>IM NOT A 16 YEAR OLD FAGGOT
The fact that you're apparently too poor to just buy it suggests otherwise.

Fucking autism.

MEGA here

i have to give you props

i followed your advice, found torrent and it downloaded in less than 30 seconds

you the real MVP

Crack up
A Crow Looked at Me
Not Even Happiness
Material Control
Pure Comedy.

How about you user?

lmao when The Great Chain came in I thought i was listening to some Mastodon for a second

>someone who listens to Doctor John Misty is telling people in this thread what to listen to

Fucking kill yourself.

Actually not bad but Crow Looked at Me and Pure Comedy were both overrated as fuck IMO

fair opinion. I wouldn't totally disagree. They were the better releases this year, but this year overall was subpar compared to the last few. definitely the worst year since 2010

It'll be on streaming soon enough

I really do not like Ambrose's voice

Yeah I think that’s the main thing for me too, even my top 5 isn’t exceptional, it was a pretty weak year. Honestly I think that’s part of why Gizz stood out so much this year too, they didn’t have much competition especially in rock.

My top five would probably be something like

Flying Microtonal Banana
GT Ultra
American Dream
V (The Horrors)
Forced Witness

>5 albums in a year
Jesus Christ, this is electronic music tier when it comes to release schedule.

>get on slsk as soon i hear about the new album
>quickly download it from the dude who has it in flac
>convert to mp3 and put it in my music folder which is shared to slsk
>after listening to album check slsk
>apparently flac guy got off slsk so everyone and their mother is queued to download the new album from me
What do?

theres a thread right now with a mega link

post invite

>mfw LAST OH-AY-SUSSSSSSS

Never thought autotune would work so well with Gizz, holy shit. Too bad the phaser effect over the entire mix for like two fucking minutes almost ruins a great song.

For visibility's sake,

MEGA HERE

Easily their best record since Paper Mache.

Why does their shit always take so fucking long to hit Apple Music? Does Apple really not let artists self-upload or something?