The house cup points, Dumbledore. Hand them over

Well done Malfoy..Weeelllllllll donee..

HOWEVER

>Ok, now point your stick at the camera and pretend you are about bully harry

No but I'll hand you this knowledge. You're in what is one of dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Hand over the time I wasted reading one of the dullest shitposts in the history of Sup Forums shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ NEETs and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitpost's only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta to make fantasy unfantastical, to make witchcraft seem plebeian.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/. Posting the pasta on Sup Forums, he made sure it would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for his (You)s. The shitpost might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly anti-intellectual in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are f-funny though
"No!"

The writing is dreadful; the main text is terrible and the troll jpg isn't much better. As I read, I noticed that every time he shitposts, Quentin writes that "Atlas Shrugged is a God-tier form of art."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several hundred thousand times. I was incredulous. The shitposter's mind is so governed by spamming and repetition that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of the shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of: "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

So it's treason

2 is objectively the best.

I thought we were to never cross memes?

bull shit on the stretching their legs bit, an user called you out on that before.

no its r*dd1t

It isn't though, it is for you

>Potter reboot when?

>contrarian memelord
not for a while nor would they ever be good in todays world get ready for a couple billion dollar sequels first

I don't have any house points... only dubs
Check em

well done

You mean the retard on red.dit who ctrl+f "stretched" in an e-book without accounting for tense? Pick up a copy of sorcerer's stone if you want to check.

Auror's tv show when

I saw a Baneposting version of this the other day, does someone have it

I never cared about ranking the HP movies because they are all meh at best.

just got back form fantastic beast, american wizard school movie WHEN?

Sorry you cant tell the ones that are kino lad, at least you tried. The only meh one is Goblet

Probably soon for every single one. They know how easily impressed and TASTELESS people that like this stuff are and with AT&T in charge now it'll happen even sooner than before.

hand the dubs over potter, an no body gets hurt...

>3>7>6

Is there anyone who has seen the movies that never read the books? I alwatys wondered how they would stand on their own.

1=2>3>5>8>6>7>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The first two were okay
third was great
fourth was ok
the rest were great

8>7>6>5>3>2>1>4

Well done, user, well done.

That's all I wanted to say.

Probably loads of people with differing opinions

7>6>5>3>8>4>2>1

7 is the best because you get out of the damn castle. It's by far the most different and interesting.

HOWEVER

>7 is the best
nigga id watch kinos with you

Classic korinefag ranking
>based taste XDDD

best boy living life and being happy at american wizarding school when?

meant for you (You)

good.

>responding to pasta

harry was born to be bullied

Great

>Dumbledore vs. Voldemort duel at the Ministry of Magic
>Dumbledore, the most powerful wizard of his day, and we later find out, equipped with the Elder Wand, can't beat Voldemort

Bravo Rowling

Did you see that fight nigga? They were well matched, technically he didnt lose. If anything Voldemort had to retreat eventually. So...Voldemort didnt win either.

I thought the Elder Wand was supposed to make you unbeatable, not "well matched"

just admit Rowling had no clue where she was going with the series and pulled the Hallows bullshit out of her ass for the last book

> no Clifford for President
absolute pleb tier pasta

He didnt get beat, Voldemort was scared in the books. She likely did theres a ton a parallels in books 2 and 6 and 3 and 5 and 1 and 7. And she introduced the invisibility cloak and other stuff in the first one, she knew it was special. I forget how their duel goes in the books entirely but in the movies Dumbledore straight up curtails friendfyre which is one of if not the most powerful spells and controls it and casts it back on voldemort. He turns Voldemort glass into earth and he encases him in water. So he won all of that. Voldemort broke some windows

>tons of parrallels dude, she knew the hallows were coming

give me one example of a "parallel" that proves she was planning on the deathly hallows from early on, and not just cobbling shit together to make it look planned

the invisibility cloak was introduced because harry needed a way to sneak around undetected. I remember in the first book Dumbledore even said there were others that existed

either way what good is an elder wand if you can't even beat someone with it and are literally struggling for your life against them

I havent read them in a decade so i dont know but i have a shitton of similarities from 2 and 6 and there are some in 3 and 5. there are mirror elements in 1 and 7 havent made a list yet, not with respect to the hallows but she says she knew about them. There were lots of themes throughout sad probably lots of things to notice with harry being a horcrux that you wouldn't notice the first time i only read them once

he was the worst character. god his parts were boring

Was it ever mentioned why Dumbledore could see someone using the cloak?

Anyway, Dumbledore beat Grindewald who wielded the elder wand and the difference between them wasn't apparently that big. The duels weren't really about who casts the strongest spell, but more about mind games and creativity. At least when it comes to the elite wizards that is

umm no, im pretty sure if I was a wizard in the harry potter world I would just use that spell that kills people over and over again in fights until I hit with it.

snape showed harry what happens when someone tries that in the sixth book/film, legilimency is used to read the opponents mind and the user then acts accordlngly

and the killing spell shouldn't be any more lethal when used with the elder wand

thts just flawed female writting. if you have a spell that can kill people, and you are fighting someone with the intent to kill them, you will keep using the kill spell, its gonna hit eventually.

its said that other caped did exist, but the one that is in possession of harry is a 'perfect' one, perfect invisibility

you got btfo and youre doing gymnastics calm down its fantasy. Dumbledore did win the elder wand
is correct

>I thought the Elder Wand was supposed to make you unbeatable
Nah, Dumbledore managed to beat Grindelwald who had it. It's just a booster, if you're good enough you can beat it.