Song has noises of crumpling paper or water pouring into a glass

>song has noises of crumpling paper or water pouring into a glass

are you trying to piss me off?

pet peeves thread i guess

Oh boy I guess you wouldn't like song from my next album, I want a motherfucking waterfall in the background.

What pisses me of is a fade out at the end with no context or purpose within the song, just write a fucking ending.
Rhyming fire with desire
"Needless to say" and then saying it, in lyrics

>"Needless to say" and then saying it, in lyrics

you've discovered a new pet peeve for me.

I hate those "let me just drink water from a glass and make over-the-top noises in the process, oh and record every second of it, it's going on the album" moments on Slint's Tweez.

really turns me off that album, it's nowhere near spiderland because of bullshit like that.

Fucking hate background throat clearing noises too like its meant to give off this "woah so in the moment its like live" feel and it just comes off as amateur.

I do like a lot of that album, it's more raw and rough around the edges than Spiderland and just has a different vibe overall. Just not a fan of the "let's make it sound like a live album" bit.

It makes me groan and roll my eyes every time. Also what resonates my bloodstream is when a song's title is not in the chorus. Damn maybe I just hate music.

>Damn maybe I just hate music.
Sup Forums.txt

Fade outs are great for expressing endlessness in a song. If a riff is being repeated over and over, it's best to fade it out. Think of it as your brain and ears going on a journey and it's time to move on to the next song, so you just float away...

of course someone's going to defend laziness/ineptitude as some profound artistic intention

I know what it's for and have used it sometimes. Works best for in a last piece on the album or symphony ending, But most inexperience musicians just use it as a lazy way out that works every time. But like a jumpscare in a horror movie you only get one.

>Bong Rips

That sounds very genre specific like power metal vocal high note after intro or silence before bass drops in dance music. Does it happen often? In stoner, grunge or what have you I presume, but I never heard it.

i’ve only ever heard this in a talk talk song and desu they made it work

>lighter clicking

>grunge
No longer exists. No, Cobain wannabes do not count.

>run of the mill trap record uses annoying bjork samples instead of annoying trap hi-hats
>Sup Forums declares it to be band's masterpiece

Mental midgets right here, holy shit

>band releases a 10/10 genuinely funny and cool joke song
>it ends on 25 seconds of burp and fart noise samples to make sure the listener "gets it"

maynard was always a hack

>bong rip

>otherwise relaxing album has noise of a glass being pushed across a table by some dumbass kid