Indie Rock is the Souncloud Rap of Rock, and its bringing Rock back

Indie Rock is going through the same thing I remember Soundcloud Rap going through a few years ago

- every artist is getting called one of Mac Demarcos kids (which isnt accurate)
- every rapper from soundcloud was getting called a future clone or SGP clone (which wasnt accurate either)

A few years after that happened to soundcloud rappers, 2017, Soundcloud Rap made Hip Hop the most popular genre, and indie rock is doing that to Rock

The mainstream trendy teens have already discovered artists like Mac Demarco, Rock Revival is happening as we speak

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SuoTjYYqe4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

dubs and Rocks never coming back

This has been emerging since 2015

Boy Pablo sucks ass btw. Fucking snoozefest.

ask me how i know op is a chilefag

OP here. I agree. I just posted him because I was positive hes a meme here.

I also think theres a correlation between this and Skateboard culture coming back for some reason

indie rock sucks, i love indie rock

Indie rock first needs to stop being a fucking fashion show. The focus needs to be on songwriting.

it died in 2015
this gay ass indie rock revival shit started in 2009 when le hipster became cool with shit likie this

youtube.com/watch?v=SuoTjYYqe4c

Indie Rock is the Souncloud Rap of Soycore

LOOK AT ALL THE SHEEP TRYING TO PREDICT WHICH WAY THE OTHER SHEEP ARE GOING SO THEY CAN BE HAPPY WITH BEING FOLLOWERS.

Indie music isn't even rock, you just call it that because it has guitars and drums. There is no rock in it, it's pop music.

>Skateboard culture coming back
is this true?

>pop
>genre
The Rolling Stones is fucking pop music idiot

Im see alot more teenagers becoming social media famous skateboarders

Its not coming back in the best way but its coming back in terms of being common among the youth.

Surprised a board that appreciates Rock so much cant see this.

I always thought Indie was garbage from its inception.

It really isn't. None of these new indie people have any charisma and none of them are cool like Lil Pump. Its like saying wavves would go mainstream in 2009 and it didn't

Not in the 60s, get your uneducated teenage ass out of here clown.

an people thought Soundcloud Mumble Cloud Rap shit was garbage

connect the dots people

>Not in the 60s

>cool
>Lil Pump

I drank too much bear yesterday and I think this thread will be the tipping point for my stomache.

>thinks the rolling stones are a 60s pop band

FUCK BRO

To call the rolling stones "pop" is retarded. Especially back then, they were rock n' roll

>Bringing rock back
If you by "bringing rock back" you mean "bringing a neutered, boring, rockless version of rock" I agree with you.

Is this idiot for real? Rock n roll was pop music. Elvis Presley, the goddamn king of rock was a pop artist you shithead.

Shut up

>the future of rock is stoned 19 year olds playing boring jazz chords with chorus and vibrato
kill me now

i know that kid that dances with the neon shades or whatever is doing this but i cant think of any other examples

I think you're confusing "pop music" with "popular music." The Rolling Stones definitely were not pop but they were popular. Elvis was a popular music artist, as for pop I'm not sure cause I don't really listen to him, I'm sure a case could be made though.

fuck

>what's pop rock

>Indie Rock is the Souncloud Rap of Rock, and its bringing Rock back

why did you have to word it in such a clickbaity way tho

Well Sup Forums is normiehipster central isn't it.

white """"people"""" absolutely btfo

>the future of hip hop is barred out 17 year olds mumbling over generic trap beats
is music, dare i say it... dead?

Okay OP if you can prove to me this is exactly the case you're speaking for 100 percent true then i will post a picture of me eating a sandwich

this.

there are some ok rap "trap" artists but they're not nearly as popular. I feel like culture in general is becoming more and more fucking dumbed down as we know it, perhaps I'm just getting older and this is what people have always thought about their own generation though.

>I feel like culture in general is becoming more and more fucking dumbed down as we know it
This is what happens when black ""excellence"" gets pushed to the forefront of American culture

>LOOK AT ALL THE SHEEP TRYING TO PREDICT WHICH WAY THE OTHER SHEEP ARE GOING SO THEY CAN BE HAPPY WITH BEING FOLLOWERS.

Well put

Who gives a fuck what's popular with teenagers? Do people need to feel validated by the mainstream to enjoy the music they like?

My favorite songwriter is Robert Pollard/Guided by Voices and the indie press hasn't really given a fuck about in 20+ years

actually it's wider than that. it's a result of people seriously believing america has a culture nowadays

Dubs and rock comes back

THE SAVIOUR

obviously rock is going to come back because people want it to, but there are very few bands that i can think of that are sonically interesting. less of them write good songs

!

trips and rock has a golden age

dubs and traprock emerges