DC can't make a proper movie out of Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn and a million villains

>DC can't make a proper movie out of Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn and a million villains
>Marvel can take their most weird-ass hero and get critics raving

what the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg
youtube.com/watch?v=nrOEiUQUBxk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Disney magic

There does seem to be a Marvel bias because the last few movies werent even that good. DC is just super shit in comparison

Tremendous foresight on Fiege's part

Its like you cant comprehend how someone would have a different opinion

If anything the latest movies have been going up in quality. Phase 2 was the worst of the worst

Infinity War gonna be sooo goood.

Kevin Feige
and not rushing projects unduly

Winter Soldier was kino tho

>the latest movies have been going up in quality.

A year and a half to go, f@m.

>Infinity War is over
>after-credits scene
>Spider-Man limps along, his suit torn to shreds
>passes Loki tells him he can get a new suit in the next room
>fancy space-machine is waiting for his input, with a container filled with black goo hooked into it
>mfw

Finally we're rid of the comet and astronaut shenanigans.

Its funny when even Marvel mediocrity still blows DC stuff out of the water
All DC has to do is do something somewhat normal and they would probably do OK. something slightly better than MoS.
But no
hurr durr lets try to get a piece of dat cinematic universe pie by having the almost team up basically straight out of the gate

except wonder woman's trailer just proves that they really can't do anything right

>> imagine hype-train that starts with GoT2, gains boost with every movie, and ends only with Avengers4.

>3 films in 2017
>3 films in 2018

DC doesn't stand a chance, do they?

Smug, ironic sense of humor. It's very comforting to insecure nerds and people who want to rationalize watching a movie about people in spandex. Everyone's in on the joke.

>including the black bars

People who do this should be drawn and quartered.

probably
>4 films in 2019
if Strange sequel gets november slot.

Marvel just tries to do right by their characters.

Doctor Strange now at 91% we need a fix!

It helps when you hire actors with charisma. DC considers charisma to be frivolous.

Really? I feel like people will have cape fatigue. I barely felt the need to watch Dr. Strange this year after Captain America.

How do you mean? WW looked ok I thought. which part do you mean?

>didn't love GotG/Avengers/Capn/Stark/Any of the recent marvel movies
>Strange comes out
>loved it
why, how, what is this enigma

>get critics raving

I wonder why

This
Marvel seems to change their characters and stories enough for regular folks to understand, but not quite so much that it's a complete shitshow, while still respecting the roots of the characters in subtle nods and easter eggs.
They ride that goldilocks zone pretty well. even their worst movies are (imo) just "eh, i didn't like it that much" tier and not "wtf is this shit"

>Benedict Crumbs is Marvel
>Martin Freeman is Marvel
Will they be able to resist it?

As long as Marvel keeps attaching different tones and concepts for each of their solo franchises while also keeping the quality high or higher, they will always catch the odd duck with something they love.

Then comes the team-ups with the character you love.

It's an ingenious strategy.

It had decent visuals. The plot was bland and the characters were so bad they managed to waste Mads on screen, but that's Marlel for you

Why is DC so shit?

visuals was probably what held me. desu I didn't care much for the plot either, I liked that there wasn't a huge final fight at the end, because typically fight scenes don't impress me.

also it probably has the only listenable soundtrack marvel's put out in the past 6 years
youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uoNAFfvKg

>Ant Man 81%
>Thor 2 66%

Too far mr Mouse, too far

>marvel's worst movie is better than DC's best movie
>tfw you realize sony, via Spiderman, is about to be dragged to victory, riches, and success whether it likes it or not

Beauty isn't subjective you leftist trash

>>tfw pro-white Vulture turns Peter to white side
>>tfw it was Fiege plan all along

pol pls

I really wish you faggots would use the rating aggregate number and not the tomatometer. You all fucking suck.

Winter Soldier has so far been the best capeshit I've seen. Just binged on it, Ant Man, Avengers 2, and Civil War. All were pretty decent and fun movies but Winter Soldier was the clear winner of the pack. I'm really hoping I like Doctor Strange.

So for now I'm really only looking forward to Homecoming and Captain Marvel. Black Panther might be interesting. I liked him in Civil War for the most part.

I didn't start out a Marvelfag but my God the DCU has made it easy to look like it. Holy shit Snyder is the most impressive mix of pretentious and incompetent I've seen on screen in a long time. Shit characters, plots contrived in the most base manner possible to move to what is clearly Snyder's only passion: making set piece moments framed as paintings he saw as a kid. Just holy fuck what a shit show so far.

>Marvel mediocre movies get rated higher than Stanley Kubrick

Yeah right

different genres, and different audiences, man

Strange is not as good. Nowhere as good. Settings are mostly indoors, if not, bluescreen.

Your analysis of Snyder is spot on, yeah he makes money but he is a complete tool.

Wait a minute...

That's no sunflower

>>I really wish you faggots would use the rating aggregate number and not the tomatometer. You all fucking suck.

MCU average on IMDB - 7.47, on tomatoes - 7.07
DCEU - 6.8 and 5.26

>DCEU - 6.8

Not that bad

IMDB

exclusively because of nolan.

To think all this Marvel success started with a movie plagued with production problems, actors ad-libbing lines, etc.

who will be the next good actor wasted on an MCU villain role?

so far we've had

>Jeff Bridges
>Mickey Rourke
>Sam Rockwell
>Hugo Weaving
>Ben Kingsley
>Christopher Eccleston
>Lee Pace
>Robert Redford
>Mads Mikkelsen
>Michael Keaton

all wasted on one-off roles

Only Zemo and Loki were any good

God I hope Cate Blanchett in Thor Ragnarok would be good at least

Don't forget the fact that it was also a movie about a hero that wasn't really that high on the list of heroes people wanted movies of.

How they pulled Ant-man off despite the troubles makes sense now.

I don't really like Englebert Humperdinck as an actor, and this is the only Marvel movie I've seen, but it was breddy gud. the dialogue wasn't nearly as obnoxious as I was anticipating.

I hope Joss Whedon is never allowed to make another movie again. it's obvious they don't need him.

Another kino incoming.
Shame about Valkyrie though.

They somehow turned ironman into THE superhero, when he was of just middling popularity beforehand

eh, at least she's hot

if they cast michonne or any boyega-tier monstrosities thats another matter

Marcel knows capekino

How was he good? He literally played Tony Stark with Dr. House's accent. In fact, all marvel heroes are the same blank slate with quip after quip after quip.

He was utter trash.

If dubs - DCEU will win this war.

it was entertaining and I didn't hate it.

It's weird how there haven't really been a good and memorable villain in any of the marvel movies.

You would think at this point they would at least accidentally have done it.

>robert ford and charlotte hale
i just realized

>posting that Whedon tier cuck

>tfw suerphero comic books will never be fun to read and you will always be stuck in this sort of entry level

>captain america
>gets dubs
welp guys, marvel domination confirmed

Wait a minute, Karl urban, Jeff goldblume, AND Cate Blanchett? I'm gonna have to see this now

If singles Marvel will be forever remembered as capekino

Despite cuckritic pic that doesn't mean shit, you're totally right. Marvel managed to turn pathetic sjwverse into the most successful movie universe while WB turned superior comic universe with great characters in blant dark-filtered and bad-edited copy of marlel. Pathetic.

Checked.

DC BTFO again

>dubs
and again
KEK

I finally realized why Marvel movies are so meh to me: it's because you know there's no end to them, no character development, and no raising the stakes. You know how each one ends, and everyone is going to stay the same, and there are going to be a lot of boring quips. At least other franchises have a foreseeable end. They will end as trilogies or pentalogies or whatever, but with Marvel, it's just gonna go on and on until Chris Evans and RDJ are old and gray. There's no endgame.

I don't get it. Have they been blacklisted by all the unions or something? Just fucking hire an old marvel director or something.

Avengers 4 will tie some plotlines.

The endgame in The DCU verse is drive the DC name to the ground till they have to reboot.

Are we still pretending Man of Steel isn't the best capeshit of the decade? I mean besides the blatant mouseshilling

jesus christ, DC BTFO yet again

>not being able to pick up subtle differences between characters

If you take two people you aren't very likely to have them take up completely opposite views and have two completely different temperaments, you know. Rewatch the movie and you might notice how Strange deals entirely differently with situations where he's not the smartest man in the room and when he's losing. Or when he kills. Or when he's in the middle in a fight.

I would never rewatch that shitshow of a movie. Your idea of character development is him getting into a car crash then making wisecracks ten minutes later.

Superhero films don't really allow you to speculate about future films. That's why they're so dull. I'll take Star Wars and Harry Potter and even Pirates of the Carribean over that any day.

youtube.com/watch?v=nrOEiUQUBxk
"Stay, my invulnerable son! I must die while saving our dog! It will teach you!"

It actually is.
There is an objective beauty standard, then a subjective beauty standard that comes after.
A beautiful hispanic girl and a beautiful white girl are both objectively beautiful, but the white girl is subjectively more beautiful to me because I'm from a white culture.

>no quips

Already better than the entire MCU tbqh. Also I said besides the mouseshilling

They litteraly used the origin and the character portrayal was true to the source material.

> they should say "fuck you" to the source material so retards wont compare to other characters.

meme actor whos only appeal is le funny steampunk name and le ugly british face

Marvel took the dubz

they always win

So you have never watched any Arnold Swartzeneger movie where he wise cracks the whole movie. Got it.

The movie was atrocious but people seem to like that kind of """""""humour""""" (no one laughed in my theater though)

Does anyone think Benedict Cumberbatch is a good actor? He only plays le tortured genius.

>he didn't watch the movie

so it's good if a film is analogous to a Swarzenegger film? lol

If you can't tell the difference you're either a mentally ill retard or a shill. Either way please get the fuck out

> I think he's kind of hot, tee hee

This was after Superman destroyed military equipment also after Superman threatened the military and then flies off like a douchebag leaving tons of wreckage there for them to clean up.

>posting two ugly bitches to prove his quipverse is better than marthaverse

If you won't rewatch movies then you should learn how to read characters and to compare them properly so you can pick up on simple differences in one viewing. It'll actually help you when watching movies with characters who actually act subtly. As it is it sounds like you'd need multiple viewings to discern their differing motivations and personalities if you can't pick up on the differences in capeshit characters unless they fit into Brute Who Can't Into Humour Vs. Smart Man Who Does Humour archetypes and shit like that.

Because DC keeps Hiring Shitty Writers/Directors They need to do something about that shit.

and because the characters are shitty

Dumb underage fags thinking Marvel invented humor in action movies.

>literally only quip in the entire movie

Grasping at straws there huh