What

what

there's a roger ebert website which hosts reviews, they aren't done by him

i give it 9/10.

>they aren't done by him

yh no shit sherlock

he is dead

He's still reviewing even from beyond.

He came back from the dead just to shit on Norm of the North and now, he won't stop.

Im finding it difficult to grasp the movie.

If squids know the future, are they just living life as a sequence of pre-determined events?

Why would they allow one of themselves to die if they knew there was going to be an explosion?

>you, like most women, will never understand the concept of honor and sacrifice

They don't stop one of their own from dying because they are living a sequence of predetermined events, it always dies. There is no deviation for them and their lives are performative.

Roger Ebert remembered the score for Arrival before he died so he wrote it down in a book. That's how we get those review scores long after he died.
God bless the heptapods.

Fuck off

who are you quoting?

i give it 9/10.

I thought this too, but why would Amy Adams' character talk about changing her life if she could see her future? Wouldn't he just have no choice in the matter, forcing her to live her life? Or is it that the aliens are such transcendent beings that they willingly accept fates involving death, even if that is counterintuitive to the purpose of life itself?

Doesn't the aliens' assistance in humanity's unification in order for them to be saved later on imply they aliens intervened in their fate? Or is that just part of their predetermined life?

I loved this movie and all, but I'm pretty confused by the implications of the whole seeing into the future thing.

I am gay

I am gay

In addition, from what I remember book seems to imply that they don't follow the events like mindless automatons, but in a meditative way. Then again, the book also implies there's no discernable reason for their visit, except maybe observation.
She's a sort of a human-alien hybrid now. She doesn't 100% think/experience their advanced states, just enough. So that "allows choice" or something

This

i got the idea that this was the least destructive method of contact with human beings. It was interesting, especially how they came to earth and waited for us to contact them and only move with us. They could have potentially learned english and said what they needed to say but people wouldnt have understood it, like how when youre teaching a child and you dont want to answer questions for him but rather guide him through the stream of consciousness to the answer, hence, providing him the feeling of independence, which is more effective learning method.

And besides, by the end, we got the idea that world peace was achieved, as how they portrayed china being the leader of the opposers ("..they follow china") and an advocate of force was turned into a country who allowed its general to pretty comfortably and easily travel to a party in US. I dont know, i may have read too much into the scenes, but i think that was it.

I got the sense that she didn't really have a choice, she was always going to have that kid, because otherwise she'd miss out on the happy moments she'd seen in the flashforwards. I think she says that Renner told her she made the wrong choice before walking out on her but in reality, there wasn't really any choice to be had. His mind simply couldn't perceive time in the same way Adams did.