How would you solve America's drug problem?

Make the country a police state.

Make the state police junkies

Make the police state one (1) country.

just let them OD

This

>Get rid of jobs
>no job market for opioid
Huh.

Have doctors stop giving it out like candy, prosecute the pharmaceutical people who pushed it as a addiction-free painkiller like it was some kind of miracle drug. To get rid of addicts just offer harm reduction shit like free safe needles, courses, etc and (real) rehabilitation programs.

>americans only think the excesses of the war on drugs went to far when it started targeting white rust belt welfare cheats
Hmmmm

Since it's killing white people, I wouldn't.

It's mostly poor whites getting hooked on drugs. Therefore, we can easily solve the problem with a long overdue white genocide.

-major soft drug decriminalization effort
-prohibit public advertising for prescription drugs
-increase fines and punishment for pharma lobby and doctor collusions and schemes
-socialize healthcare in order to restore doctor-patient dynamic instead of the current service provider-customer dynamic and fix the veteran problem
-tackle and treat addiction like a disease, safe injection rooms, free syringes , methadone programs and similar programs

Also:

-restore legality of major non-opioid-based painkillers like Metamizol which Big Pharma lobbied against.

I don't think white collar opioid abuse has anything to do with needles

Which drug? I say we legalize everything and regulate the companies that create the drugs. Ban foreign drug companies and those caught selling them should be jailed. Require the companies to put warning labels on everything so those stupid enough to take them don't get any pity and can't make any excuses. And also have DUI laws for these drugs too (0% blood concentration). Make it illegal(death penalty) for people to put drugs in unsuspecting victims' food and drink. Have the state will still take away children from junkie parents.

Also if a pregnant woman is caught doing drugs through urine tests and/or reported to the police, then a forced abortion will be performed.

I don't know if I'm okay with this, but last time I met someone who was born addicted to meth, he was batshit insane and would read every single letter out of a book to me every time I met him.

Correction: I meant he would count the letters in the book.
He would go like one, two, three, four, five, six, seven...eight hundred ninety-nine, nine hundred, nine hundred one
It would never stop even if you yelled at him to stop.

Did he look normal? I know fetal alcohol syndrome changes the appearance of babies born.

>DUDE LEGALIZE EVERYTHING
This is the most infantile answer to the drug problem

Yes he looked normal, but he had a fuck load of mental problems. He had autism, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, PTSD, OCD, ADHD, and other shit.

>DUDE YOU'RE LIKE SUCH A PLEB
only plebs resort to this form of argument

Americans are all gay and dumb and I don't care

If people want to be drug addicts who am I to stop them? Might as well tax drugs to pay for school.
If your kid ends up doing drugs then you did a horrible job as a parent and/or your kid is a dumbfuck.

That is depressing, do you still talk to him? Is he doing drugs himself like cocaine, meth, heroine, etc?

This^ is true right here
/thread

Opioid addiction usually starts in the doctor's office with an unnecessary opioid prescription.

To prevent new addicts:
Change recommendations for what opioids can be prescribed for. No more chronic pain and shit like that. Related to this is to remove systems in which doctors are able to receive kick backs from pharma companies for prescribing certain drugs. Also a big part of this would be to remove marijuana from schedule 1 so CBD can actually be studied as a painkiller. Right now scheduling prevents even the studying of CBD as it is marijuana derived, even though CBD itself doesn't get you high.

To deal with existing addicts:
Instruct doctors to develop plans with patients to move them off opioids using methadone and other methods.

Treating existing addicts is a problem that we have so far been terrible at solving, and it has driven the opioid crisis further. When it became evident that people were hooked on oxy/hydros, they cut down availability of those drugs. So people moved to heroin. So they cut down heroin, and people moved to fentanyl. So they cut down fentanyl, and people moved to carfentanyl. The strategy of removing supply without doing something about demand only drives people to harder drugs to get their fix.

It was at a mental institution where I was at. He was fucked up but where I was at he would be considered "normal". Mental hospitals are some of the most traumatizing shit in existence. There were literal murderers there.
Ironically he's never done drugs but he is still affected them. He would sweep the floor every morning 50 times and he would force people to have an argument with them, then laugh at their face once they got mad at them. He would try as much as possible to get people angry at him, yet he never causes trouble other than that. He never messed with staff except he would hit on the female staff. He also believed that every girl should go out with him because they "deserve it" because he's a nice guy or something. Once more, he would shake constantly. Some other kids were much, much, MUCH more fucked up than him. None of these kids were over the age of 20, I was 16 at the time myself.

du30

>sharts dying
>problem

Build wall

Kill all the drug dealers

prescribe them drugs that will cure their drug use

i sharted all over the chair/sofa you are sitting on. the bed too.

You don't.

racist whites will feel their own medicine after destroying us with their "war on drugs".

Just legalize it.