If Conor wins, would boxing finally die off completely?

If Conor wins, would boxing finally die off completely?

No. Boxing is a big sport in alot of countries. Places like Mexico, Cuba, Russia, Ukraine, England etc. have a culture of "making it big" by becoming a boxer.

It might seem this way to you, because the US doesnt promote boxing like it used to, because there arent any good American boxers. Yes, Mayweather bla bla, but you do realise that there are much more prestigious weight classes right?

Boxing already died in the US, because most numales dont have the stamina or skill to box. MMA is as close to a real fight as is Ballet. Its just another sport.

>because there arent any good American boxers
>Boxing already died in the US, because most numales dont have the stamina or skill to box
you mean white americans....

Only people black americans and hispanic americans keep boxing alive in the usa. Look at the usa Olympic team not one white boxer.

the prestige will take a hit, but if conor manages to win, then other MMA jackasses might try their luck in boxing. they will bring more viewers and more money to boxing.

GGG-Canelo is three weeks later, doubt they'd cancel it desu

>Casuals
"Conor could win if he lands a big punch! He's a beast!"
>Fans
"Conor doesn't stand a chance, Floyd is just too good defensively"
>Experts
"Conor by KO/TKO"

>Experts

No, Boxing still makes 1 million+ PPV events each year, if anything the UFC is dying with ratings going down quite dramatically and I can't really see other organisations like Bellator reaching the heights the UFC did.

Boxing is for fucking retards, brah
Or half retards that want to become retards

Boxing is doing much better than MMA in 2017. There's a reason why MMA's biggest star crossed over to boxing and not vice versa

Boxing is doing much better than MMA in 2017 BECAUSE McGregor has crossed over

So it's a one man sport?

How about a more sensible question like:

Has Mayweather ever fought anyone as fluid as Connor?

I don't think that stalling-counter-fighting he did against pacquaio will count for shit this time.

>Has Mayweather ever fought anyone as fluid as Connor?

Conor is a stiff idiot. He hangs his chin out to dry every time I've seen him. He is going to look unbelievably slow and telegraphed in comparison to the average boxer, mark my words

How big is the talent pool in MMA? How many professional 155 lb. mixed martial artists are actually out there? Probably fewer than 100, right? It's an athletic ghetto

Joshua vs Klitschko pulled in over 10 million viewers in Europe alone.

The UFC hand picks the best of the best out there, so there's no cherry picking and record padding like in boxing. The best always fight the best

The best out of a total field of like 100 people. There are probably more professional women boxers than male mixed martial artists

Quality over quantity

Now go watch p4p kang lomachenko fight some bum with no wiki page or some Brit hypejob being fed bums taken out of the local pub

I can see that. MMA striking is a lot more of a brawl in comparison to the elite-level precision of timing and speed a boxer needs.

On the other hand Mayweather is not a traditional boxer, he does rely on a lot of gimmicks and only fights aggressively once his opponents are tired - This makes me think it would be hard to call how the match will turn out...I'm not very sure..

>Quality over quantity

Do you seriously not understand the concept of a talent pool?

>he does rely on a lot of gimmicks

What does this even mean?

Talent pool doesn't mean shit when it's filled with bums and journeymen like most of boxing

McGregor turned mma into wwe.

And yet a ham fisted scrub like Brock Lesnar with no technical ability came into the UFC and became heavy weight champion with ease.

He wouldn't have won a single professional fight in boxing.

>Gimmicks
>Punches people in the body and head while evading his opponents punches
It means he's a MMA casual. It's summer after all.

He's a counter-fighter which is technically the easiest form of fighting.
He turns aggressive once opponents are tired, which is more technical than it is skillful.

He baisically controls the pace of the fight, turning the pressure up or down as he sees fit.
He cannot go toe to toe with another boxer without his dodge and duck tactics so really it's not that he's so good, it's that he's clever about.

How would connor have to fight to beat him..I'd say duck and dodge as much as MW does, and that's how connor fights anyway.

When there is at least 10x as many boxers in a given weight range than MMA fighters, boxers who look like "bums" in comparison to the best are actually likely to be superior athletes to the vast majority of their MMA counterparts

>Stalling counter fighting
He threw more punches and landed more punches. How can you stall if you're literally the aggressor? Ms pacman got walked down, all he had were desperate flurries and lunging left's. Summer fag

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read

>Dodge and duck tactics
What tactic would be superior to dodging and ducking punches and landing well timed counters?
I'm waiting summer fag

jesus christ u r retarded
the easiest form of fighting is slugging
wtf do u even mean toe to toe? staying the in the pocket until someone keels over like some pride shit? this isn't your animes. being a boxer literally means you can outbox your opponent, outboxing = landing shots without getting hit.

u r retarded man. go watch shane mosely fight mayweather and then tell me that's how conor fights

Boxing isn't popular in the US after everyone saw what happened to Ali. Yeah, poor third worlders don't give a fuck. But after seeing Ali's condition, nobody with half a brain and enough money to not starve wants to give themselves permenant brain damage by boxing. Before Ali was wheelchair bound, boxing was a major sport in the US.

Massive rings so he can run away, elbowing people in the face, cynical clinching off the top of my head.

Mayweather spent most of the fight against Canelo in the pocket. Conor is going to get walked down

That's because boxing isn't real fighting. In a real fight alot of boxers would get their asses kicked by other styles like jujitsu or even plain wrestling.

Footwork, forward pressure, well timed combinations that neutralize attacks, lot of jabbing, infighting with hooks, clinching.

Mayweather isn't a boxer anymore

Same goes to many sports jiu jitsu fighters. You aren't going to stall a guy using your rubber guard on some concrete pavement riddled with broken glass and aids as his friends stomp your head. Jiu Jitsu I suppose is fine if you're alone against someone on a safe surface or if you wrestle a drunk friend, but the last thing you want to do in a real fight is to go to the ground. That said the most beneficial thing about grappling is that you know how to avoid it.

Kimbo slice went undefeated in boxing. Imagine how easily Seth Putzrelli would KO glass jawed can Anthony Joshua

Boxing and fighting in general are for absolute poorfag nigger tier people

If all of them simply vanished off the earth wed be better off

Inferior. Hit and don't be hit. Basic shit, literally the most effective strategy without question. Do you understand the scoring system?

>Do you understand the scoring system?
Please, you should try to knock the other guy out or get a technical ko. Floyd had most of his problems with pressure fighters. Hogging points isn't a real win in my opinion.

No. Third world countries like the middle East and new middle East (europe) have no education opportunities so the only way to make it out of poverty or gain any sort of lifestyle is to go full retard on each other for a living. Same with soccer. Only other sport popular considering they all are malnutrition and tiny

>MMA is as close to a real fight as is Ballet. Its just another sport.
You had a good post until this part.

>He threw more punches and landed more punches.
Because he clinched the shit about Pac, tired him out and pecked at him. He was not the aggressor, I don't think you've even seen that fight. It was a hug fest.

It's not so much that dodging is a bad thing, it's not, but it is evasive which indicates a weakness in the toe to toe defence of that boxer's game that should be capitalised on.

slugging isn't a form of fighting, and boxing history proves that because no slugger ever won shit.

No combat sport is real fighting, not even MMA. I've seen my share of brawls and nobody ever decides "Oh I've knocked my opponent to the ground, I better lay on top of him for 5 minutes to protect my points".

>Isn't a real win in my opinion
Your opinion means shit. Scoring is scoring desu. It's boxing, not nigger knock out game.

Wasn't Rocky Marciano a slugger?

Quad quads
Nice...

boxing will live on in MMA, the superior sport

You're implying that ducking and dodging can't be used in the pocket. Mayweather shoulder roll, guillermo rigondeaux has zero guard pure evasion, lomachenko "matrix", superior boxers with amazing defensive skills ducking and dodging to the top of the P4P rankings

Trying to win with scores was never the intention of the sport, even though scores are a good idea if there's no other way to determine a winner. Exploiting scores ruins the sport even if it's technically legal. If anything if you score fights their effectiveness should be considered as well. Saw one video of Mayweather recently where he would just jab some guys stomach, then the guard, then the stomach again, then the guard. Shit like that shouldn't result in points.

The only people who think boxing is dying is Americans because they haven't had a single decent boxer since Ali and white America is too racist to get behind Mayweather

>calling out lomachenko for fighting bums
has to be bait

Are you talking about the Canelo fight? That's what I'm assuming. The best option was to pot shot and confuse him. The jab is a measuring tool as much as it is an offensive weapon and Canelo being a much larger opponent and a counter puncher could ko Floyd one shot. He did the smart thing by measuring the distance and scoring at will. Great way to get KO'd is over pursuing an opponent when he's not injured

Lesnar is a fucking jacked 280lbs roided monster.

We think forcing midgets to fight each other for betting purposes is cruel.

fucking jacked 280lbs roided monsters get knocked the fuck out if they don't know how to box

>Mayweather spent most of the fight against Canelo in the pocket.
It might seem like that but he doesn't. He's distancing with his torso leaning into the edge of range while his feet are actually outside so he can invite an attack, just pivot on his hips, land a counter and prance away. He's never in danger.

>Conor is going to get walked down
Maybe. That's not Matweather's MO at all though.

Boxing is objectively less popular than UFC even now. Much less popular. Box is already dead.

regardless of what anyone says boxing is objectively a much bigger and more lively sport than MMA

How do you explain the above graph then?

Boxing is more popular offline

People don't need to google boxing to know what it is

Please be bait

i've seen more streetfights than any yank and I can tell you they more often look like boxing matches than MMA fights

initating a grapple or wrestle in a real fight is the last thing you want to do, stay on your feet and spark the guy out

Do you just google "football"? Probably not. Most people will google the league they want to know the results of. Unfortunately in boxing there is no single all-powerful organisation like the UFC is to MMA.

Hence why people would type just "boxing"

but everyone knows what boxing is

you don't google "boxing" when you want to know the results

what a jewish post

fuckin jew

>without his superior skills, he would not win the fight
FTFY

fuck off schlomo

>experts
The boxing guys just laugh at the idea of this chump beating Floyd. The mma guys are finally admitting it's a mismatch, they're probably as sick of the 15yrs mma internet retards as everybody else.

>Boxing
>Dying off

Tell me when an MMA fight gets as many PPV buys as De La Hoya-Trinidad, Tyson-Lewis, or Mayweather-Pacquiao.

He fought 7 bums.

kys fucking kike

>Seth Putzrelli would beat Anthony Joshua

This is possibly the worst post I've ever seen.

>real fighting
ha ha ha
I used to run clubs, all the doormen were boxers. They knocked the fuck out of everybody instantly. This 'real fightingda streets' meme is absolute bullshit. These guys were the streets. Nobody was rolling around on the fucking pavement at 3am, unless it had gone horribly wrong.

>Boxing works against untrained, drunk bums on the street
Wow user, very insightful post.

>experts
All have said Coner has zero chance against Floyd. Unless you are talking mma experts. Whom many have also said McGregor's chance of winning is slim.

>a fight isn't a real fight
the people eager to fight trained fighters on the door of a club known for knocking the shit out of people are generally the people who want to fight (you), on the 'street'.
Or is there another subset of 'street fighters' who only practise the noble art of MMA but never attack club doormen that I don't know about?

In the US, of course. This will be the official passing of the baton to MMA.

what is that spike?

really? punching with big gloves is quite different than with bare hands

Sounds like the typical matchroom fight with a hyped up britbum that later gets massacred when they travel to the states to fight real competition

Lesnar knew how to wrestle

still, thats what people do, they stand up and punch eachother

once they both end up rolling around on the floor it doesn't last long before it gets broken up

You have no idea what you're talking about

>basketball
white boys cant compete
>football
white boys cant compete
>boxing
white boys cant compete
>dick game
NOOO OBVIOUSLY WHITE BOYS CAN COMPETE JUST FINE..
>2000+20-3
Thinkinging BBC is a meme.

>real fights at all

Niggas shoot in the USA. Fights are fucking rare these days.

How the fuck is he going to win? Didn't you watch London press conference?

"This Me First Time In A Boxing Ring" -Conor McGregor

Bellator is also a work

>The UFC hand picks the best of the best out there
>The best always fight the best
>CM Punk, a literal white belt in jiu jitsu, fought in the UFC

His wiki says he trained boxing in his teens, before he tried MMA. He apparently won a "Youth Championship" of some sorts in Ireland. He probably meant it's his first match as a professional boxer.

it's more than twice as popular as MMA, in terms of PPV's, so no.

if Conor loses it will be very bad for MMA. he's the only star the UFC has left, andif he loses to a 40-year-old retired boxer who is considerably smaller than he is it's going to make the whole sport fo MMA look like a joke.
Most non-fight fans don't really know who either guy is, or what the odds are. It's going to be a "which is better - MMA or boxing?" fight in the eyes of millions.