Why was Westworld so horrible?

Why was Westworld so horrible?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BBK5U3Jb7Q4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why are you reeeeing now, cats?

If I ask nicely, can you tell me where 'cats' came from, I don't remember a tripfag by that name here

So is the show actually good compared to HBO's finest? Or is it a continuation of nu-HBO?

It's shit. One of the most poorly written shows I've ever seen.

V good

Ep 1 is confusing and slow
Ep 2 picks up the pace and it gets better from then on
Ep 7 is the peak
Ep 10 was a bit dissapointing after ep 9 was v good

ADHD is a hell of a mental illnes

"Cats" was a trip on /who/, the Doctor Who General. The user who keeps calling people 'cats' is obsessed with him. He thinks every single person on /who/ is just Cats samefagging. When he gets banned for shitposting he goes to 4x2chan and starts a commentary on every /who/ thread and how everyone there is obviously one of Cats' many personalities. The 4x2chan /doctorwho/ board is abandoned so he was essentially screaming into a void. It took days for anyone to notice his autism, at which point he had almost filled a thread with fake conversations about how much Cats sucks.

Cats revealed his tripcode and left /who/ months ago but the user still continues his crusade.

westworld is true kino

It was pretty bad. The whole maze thing was the writers jerking the audience around for 10 episodes until they can get out their "awesome" reveal that everyone called by the second episode. So that was about half the season wasted. The other half of the season was all about AI philosophy which I just didn't give a shit about. And don't forget that literally every "twist" was called by autistic viewers.

ok but what did cats do on /who/ to be so hated, or has someone updated a wiki of tripfags somewhere

almost the whole season is rendered irrelevant by the final twist. all of bernard scenes, the entire maeve plot line, the board fucking with ford, even dolores awakening has no weight now that we know it was fords plan all along. only MiB story has any meaning now.

There are literally no stakes. Everything was Ford's plan and Ford will always win.

Because rather than being a unique and intelligent sci-fi show they aimed it firmly at the reddit/game of thrones demographic due to it being on HBO. So instead we got cringeworthily poor dialogue, completely unncecessary "character development" (seriously, the whole William/MiB storyline had absolutely nothing to do with the overall plot of the hosts gaining sentience and could have been cut in its entirety), and gratuitous stupid sex scenes. It was pure circlejerkery garbage, and as usual the redditards took the bait

Everyone I talk to acts like this show is the second coming of LOST, then I decide to watch it myself and it really comes across as no where near that level.

Are people just that starved for "good" TV?

After watching the last episode my first thought was wow what a fucking waste of time. I wish I could get that 10.5 hours of my life back.

Yep, and they want to be part of something so they hype everything they watch to ridiculous levels. Same thing happened with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones.

I went back and watched season 1 of Lost again and it absolutely shat all over WW. Character development, reveals, actings, writing - it was all so much better

youtube.com/watch?v=BBK5U3Jb7Q4

first episode is by far the best you pleb

>I went back and watched season 1 of Lost again and it absolutely shat all over WW.

Agreed, even BB is a better show than WW in my opinion.

This show while good, isn't anywhere near the level of those shows.

I'm just mad that I'm going to have to wait 2 fucking years for season 2. Bullshit.

This

Lost is a once and done show, any repeated watching shows how weak and souless it was. IT was shit compared to the rest.

What? I said the opposite, go and rewatch season 1 again, it's probably one of the best seasons of television of all time. WW looks absolutely awful in comparison in practically every way, including its crappy CGI

>take 3 hours worth of story
>spread it out to 11
>???
>profit!

>Where's the maze I've been looking for for 9 episodes?
>It's a maze...of the mind
Genius!

so no season 2?

He was an (ironic) shitposting trip so he was loved by some and hated by others. Nobody felt as strongly about him as this particular user though.

westworld is pretty blatantly copying the game of thrones success formula
complete with the stronk women meme
just watch the intro credits and tell me that's not exactly what they're doing, more adults-only genreshit while nerd culture is still hot

what was the twist? dropped during the second episode

it was all just a dream

They're signed for 6 six seasons

I wouldn't call WW S1 the best of all time. Lost's first season is better. Though, I agree WW has better cgi

No it wasnt. It was ruined by stupid exposition that could have been spread out over two episodes.

1st episode of anything is never good. It moves too quickly, sets the series plot too fast, etc.

Stopped at the end of s1e4. Just don't care anymore. Although the "limit emotional attributes" line was pretty lel.

6 seasons of the dolores bitch crying every episode no thanks im out

They had to dumb it down for the audience after what happened with Vinyl.

you think the problem with that show is it was TOO smart?

It was smarter than Plebworld that's for sure.

I'll give you that it was smarter than Deadwood, but Westworld? smart and fast-paced are not the same, friendo

This show is even worse than Vinyl, and yet it got renewed. Holy fuck...

Vinyl was not smart and fuck no was it smarter than Deadwood, which is arguably one of the smartest shows of all time.

Vinyl was awful. Boomer pandering at its finest.

>first episode is never good

the pilot of Miami Vice is great you fucking pleb

>Deadwood, which is a trashy male power fantasy, exactly the kind of crap that stupid people think is smart
ftfy :^)

and to make up for it, every other episode is terrible

>Namefag and a pleb

color me surprised

>"awesome" reveal that everyone called by the second episode

elaborate... im not wasting my time watching thsi shit... just use spoiler tags.

The main twist after episode one is that the show is actually trash. Took me 9 more episodes to be completely sure though.

Ep1 set up interesting concepts and mysteries. However the show wasn't about this. It was about idiotic melodrama and lazy hack writing.
Early episodes created clear rules on how the world operates. The later episodes completely destroy every rule they've established with no explanation.
People wanted a show that explored the themes of consciousness and free will. Can these things exist in robots? Do they exist in humans? But we got none of that. It was all Ford's plan. (This is their excuse for the lazy writing)
Any deeper philosophical thoughts were regulated to mere lines to be throw out by characters while screen time is wasted on Maeve and Will. No physical action is dedicated to these themes. We do not see WIll transform in the MiB, he simply does. We do not see Dolores or Maeve gain consciousness, we are simply told they do, and are supposed to believe it even though they spend the entire show as puppets.
West World was garbage masquerading as deep.
Anthony Hopkins was based as always though.

Are you mentally deficient?

I like Westworld less and less the more I think about it. It had this shitty habit of characters speaking as obtusely as they could so as not to reveal anything and string the audience along. It relied on bullshit mysteries and reveals and because of that a lot of characterizations, like Dolores', suffered for it.

I'm actually enjoying it more on the rewatch, fwiw
I don't think the surprise was actually the point, it's very fatalistic writing. A lot like blade runner, really, a lot of the poetry of the thing is that it takes its time.

and dolores' characterization is actually quite strong. her awakening is really well-done, much more subtle and interesting than maeve's, if you know what you're looking at

>tfw to smart for sweetwater

This post should be hoisted above the board for all to see. As a message for the masses, saying "here I hang, redditor and pleb undying. The trials of man are over. Let thought and imagination die so that I can understand"

And the masses below would bob their heads in wistful agreement.

You could have just said JJ abrams was involved

>the show is reddit
>no, you are reddit

>its reddit
>you're reddit

It's just a like a loop from the show ...

They had to stretch an interesting pilot into a full series, pretty common problem in the industry which never ends well

continuation of nu-HBO
basically it was like the latest series of GOT. utter shit.

Pretty much this
t. watched whole season

It is pretty bad. I was hoping it wouldn't even get a second season.

i didn't care about a single character in this show. what a colossal failure for these writers. maybe if they spent less time thinking up what modern song to play on a saloon piano next and more time writing something meaningful it wouldn't have been such a waste of time. it's like they have taken none of the lessons from the wire or the sopranos or rome and were too focused on being 'the next GOT'.

What the fuck is happening here and why do I like it

Name one thing wrong with Lost, then, douchebag.

Why is that everything either has to be either amazing or utter shit?

Personally I loved the structure and pace of the season, the cinematography, the music, the acting (besides black business woman), the revealing of the mysteries, and most of the dialogue. Meanwhile the characters were/are mostly quite uninteresting and the ambiguous dialogue was a little annoying at time.

Overall it was a solid first season - not the best but I liked the fact it didn't leave a load of cliff hangers.

Considering there are people who rate Walking Dead on here (a show that really is UTTER UTTER SHIT), I find it odd that this is so hated.

1st episode of walking dead was the only good episode ever

tfw only eloquent enough to write

>this

I feel like i have well thought out reasons for hating the stuff that I hate, but by the time someone questions my assessment of something I have forgotten most of it with only burning hate remaining, making me incapable of providing compelling arguments even though in my heart of hearts i know that I'm right.

I'm 4 or 5 episodes behind. Should I just delete them?

They're gonna do to it what they did to L O S T. Suck out everything that makes it worhtwhile by season 3 until nobody remembers it when it does end

You mean another JJ Abrams production turned out to be shit? I, for one, am shocked. Shocked I say!

why do millenials watch tv shows instead of just reading the synopsis on wikipedia?

literally every actor has super uneven shoulders, wtf is this natural