>Saturday August 5 - ESPN US
Vasyl Lomachenko vs Miguel Marriaga

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/6njxj0/help_me_out_fellas_mayweather_vs_mcgregor/
youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0Xy6GVCkA
youtube.com/watch?v=jPlvkyS1gy0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that CrossFit is for losers

and to think... Robert Guerrero fought Mayweather before...

Easy to say now with the benefit of hindsight that those two were ridiculous fights and neither deserved to be in the ring with Mayweather, but at the time, Guerrero and Ortiz were hot shit

unless they're a female who has grown a nice ass from it

The bantz were great for the Guerrero pressers. Especially Reuben, the dad.

>people excited about ggg vs canelo
>people excited about money vs mcgreg
fuck that shit.
this fucking card for the chocoloatito vs NEEEEESH rematch is fucking insane.
the monster and caudras are on the undercard.
who here /NEEEEESH/?

YOU LIKE THAT HUH....WOMAN BEATER

pretty sure everyone recognises superfly as the best card of the year

NEEESH NEESH NEEESH
>wins round 10-9

What did the judges mean by this?

>rustled so hard Floyd had Conor sign a contract that says he can't talk about spousal abuse

There are some quite HYPE fights coming up desu, looking forward to August and September

Frampton back in action
Lomachenko - Marriaga (will be good if only to see more Lomachenko)
Crawford - Indongo in a proper unification fight
The fight card you mentioned
Canelo GGG
Flanagan - Verdejo mite b cool

Most of these fights probably have clear cut winners, but I'm excited either way

Give me your honest opinion of Wladimir Klitschko.

Forget about the career earnings, his business ventures, etc. He already won at life with his wife.

its time for robert guerro to retire. that bum got rekt

DAT HEART THO
is what the judges meant. that was a great fight and I cannot wait for the rematch.
also for the sake of posterity
NEEESH NEEEESH NEEEEEEEEESHHHHHHH

An octopus observer with a crystal jaw. Although there are enough famous scalps in his collection.

It's hard to have a reasonable discussion about the guy up because he tends to draw such extreme opinions. He had some serious flaws as a fighter and his opposition was weak, but he still dominated the heavies for a decade. Not one of the all-time greats but still a great fighter.

I don't think his chin was really that bad either, his real problem was that he panicked when he got hit and shot his wad.

>An octopus observer

What did he mean by this?

The whole career embraced the dwarfs and traveled on their backs. You did not see him fighting?

>wlad_at_the_aquarium.png

60-40 I TEAR YOUR ASS UP

60-40 I KICK YOUR ASS

uh...you need to google "Robert Downey Jr blind item Hayden Panettiere"

>not linking the old thread
>not posting the results of guerrero vs figueroa jr or Marcus Browne vs Sean Monaghan

NOT GONNA MAKE IT KID

Wlad is gay? Doesn't seem like it from those "photos".

fuck me that chick can throw a right better than I can
someone taught her that shit. Im impressed.

> Wlad is gay
Oh mai..

no head movement no footwork id spark that bint easy mate no bother probably on juice as well looks off her head on drugs

in heels too, no less

it's just anonymous source celebrity gossip

>excited for little boy mega manlet division

No.

>uh...
>telling us to google some female celebrity gossip site

what are you doing itt fag

He has a lavender marriage with his "kinda" wife.

I fucking love these posts

>I fucking love these posts
>these

That was only one post mate

hi newfags pls stick around our general is dying

I'm out of shape around 220lb now and I could roll out of bed and whoop any of you bums in this thread.

Don't @ me ever again.

I would bounce your head off the canvas

Only thing you've ever bounced is that ass on your dad's dick m8

True they were hot shit for a very hot second. But what does it mean to floyds career? Why doesn't anybody look at his career objectively instead of just reading off names and saying he fought the best.

The first title he won was a joke against a hack who got lucky he fought a very old champ. After that he fights some small Puerto Rican guy. The underwhelmingness of floyds career continues as he fights either old boxers or fighters who just came off getting their shit rocked.

He never rematches de la hoya
He never fought undefeated cotto
He never fought margarito
He never fought prime manny
And he fought Marquez who came up two weight divisions and was then being considered the p4p number 1

Your post is filled with so much butthurt it's not even funny

>He never rematches de la hoya
Did you know? after he "beat" de la hoya floyd decided to retire even tho their was rematch in the contract. Thats why de la hoya has always had a grudge against floyd. When he came back it was too late and de la hoya was retired.

I had the exact same opinion until I saw some flyweight title fights, they are going all in

>reading some comments about the Mayweather McGregor fight
>MMA fans and analysts unironically seem to believe that the fact that Connor McGregor fights in a karate stance is an advantage against Mayweather in a boxing match

I think MMA fans might well be some of the most retarded people on earth

>analysts

It's not meant to be funny. I'm trying to bring up how none of his opponents were true tests but yet somehow everyone in the sport gives him the nod.
Yea I knew that I'm not some little kid who just started watching boxing.

how was the american card last night?
got too pissed and fell asleep

Pretty good if you knew the stories

>got too pissed and fell asleep
why? its was good. One controversial decision and the pbc card was comfy. I missed the eubanks jr fight.

to lose

I think about this fight in the day now and start laughing. It's going to be so weird seeing McGregor in there with Floyd.

my cousin was having a stag party so I got smashed innit

I did see the eubank fight, was meh, not competetive at all, abraham barely landed a shot and never really looked in trouble 120-108, Eubank looks impressive but I have a feeling he will get exposed badly soon

Really wasn't happy about that decision, it's a shame his conditioning wasn't better. Missed the pbc card who was on it?
Abraham fights haven't been competitive for a while

>why? its was good.

"pissed" means very drunk in bong parlance

>Flanagan - Verdejo mite b cool
Hell no, Verdejo is the biggest hype job at the moment, I expect Flanagan to easily win this fight.

> I expect Flanagan to easily win this fight.

Flanagan is shit mate

It'll be a snoozefest either way

Easter Jr is the #1 at 135. Shafikov and Commey would probably beat Flanagan, Linares and Verdejo

reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/6njxj0/help_me_out_fellas_mayweather_vs_mcgregor/

>inb4 >leddit. It's actually useful to find full fight vids the morning after a fight

>Size: MMA guys simply count the height and reach advantage as an advantage. Yes Floyd has beaten opponents with larger size before. I've read that MMA fighters cut / gain more weight for fights than boxing. So McG might normally walk around at 170, whereas Floyd normally might be 155. If Conor bulks up after weigh-ins, he could be considerably larger and heavier than Floyd - which in turn has pros and cons associated with it.

>Stance: As Conor alluded to this week in the press conferences (post show media scrums), he can fight in many stances - whereas Floyd fights in one stance; the Mayweather stance. If Conor comes at him in karate, thai boxing, kung fu ninja, etc - his bet is it throws Floyd off enough to land some power shots.

>Distance: Conor likes to bounce around a lot. He bounces in and out of range at different angles and in different stances with each bounce. I've watched many Mayweather fights and have yet to see an opponent that even comes close to Conors movement.

>A Side: Conor is the A side no doubt. Everyone watching this is tuning in to see Conor win spectacularly and Floyd lose spectacularly. Floyd was retired, his fan base consists of most;ly people who recognize his achievements, recognize that he is a boring fighter to watch and deep down want to see him lose because his persona is unbearable. Conor has the more rabid global market no doubt.

>Clinch: I don't get the clinch either. I assume both fighters will try to batter each other in the clinch. McG is younger and more aggressive here though -and may have more MMA-style 'tricks' to pull in the clinch.

>Power":; Where is Floyds power compared to Mcgregors? He brought Porier to his knees, slept Aldo, broke down Alvarez, let alone the other earlier fights like Brimage and Buchinger. He has power and Floyd candidly has less.

>Brenden is knowledgable on MMA but he is an admitted Conor groupie so everything he says is very skewed towards Conor.

>For MMA fans of Conor though - we look at what he has said / predicted and accomplished and it's hard to doubt him anymore.

>all this complete nonsense about stance and distance
>Conor is the A side no doubt (top top top top kek. Might be my favourite thing that MMA fans believe about this)
>MMA tricks in the clinch. Again, top lel

Is Joe Cortez the worst ref in boxing?

He unironically didn't do anything wrong there, Ortiz had already apologised to Mayweather for headbutting him.

2nd apology was completely pointless and Ortiz should have been in box mode by that point.

why are people so stupid

he

>analysts like Brendan Schaub.

>starts action with the most subtle hand gesture possible
>looks away and starts talking to the timekeepers
His body language gave the impression that the fight hadn't been started again. If you call the action to begin you should be watching the fighters. He pulls this kind of shit all the time. He's corrupt as fuck.

>tfw Figueora just earned himself an invitation to get his shit rocked

He should have stepped in to make sure there weren't any shenanigans like the ref just did in Corrales-Castellanos, dude wasn't even watching the fight. But yeah, it is basically Ortiz's fault. They say "protect yourselves at all times" before the start of literally every single fight.

he said hes going to fight in 140.

who is spencer fighting next

>more MMA-style 'tricks' to pull in the clinch

Garcia should but he's a bitch

VOLTRON

A relatively soft one in his hometown. Maybe Collazo?

Sammy Vasquez Jr

Seriously though, why are white Americans so bad at fighting? Is it the oestrogen in the food?

al haymon fucked up his career

>Seriously though, why are white Americans so bad at fighting? Is it the oestrogen in the food?
well hispanic americans and Black americans eat the same food.

Punished Smith jr will be a different beast once he quits his construction job and focuses on boxing

Too many opportunities. Jewish Americans were great at fighting when they were broke as fuck

>Jewish Americans were great at fighting when they were broke as fuck
>fighting

They just don't do it. Boxing is dangerous and it's a developed country. No social health care either. Floyd was right, the ones left couldn't cut it so went off to their own sport

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi0Xy6GVCkA

>"photos"
What are you referring too?

>Stance: As Conor alluded to this week in the press conferences (post show media scrums), he can fight in many stances - whereas Floyd fights in one stance; the Mayweather stance. If Conor comes at him in karate, thai boxing, kung fu ninja, etc - his bet is it throws Floyd off enough to land some power shots.
Is this guy seriously suggesting that Connor should bum-rush a defensive counter-puncher with a karate stance?
lmfao

Can anyone tell me more about this Super Sixteen Series tournament? I heard cruiserweights fight middleweights but that doesn't sound right.

There will be a cruiserweight tourney and a super middleweight tourney running side by side. Eight fighters each

worldboxingsuperseries.com

One tournament for cruiserweights, one tournament for super middleweights. knock out competition quarter final > semi final > final

Basically saying Floyd will miss punches and open himself up because the range will throw him off lmao Floyd will probably start on the front foot and land a jab in the first few seconds to let him know what's up

>implying Conor won't out-awkward Floyd and strike from unpredictable angles and hit with his mystical left hand for a TKO in round 4

I think you'd be surprised, for sure 100% he'll get knocked out my guy

Are we done posting boxing wives?

honestly I think it's because most boxing gyms are in inner city ghettos where white people would never go

Fireman Jim Flynn

/heem/ here, are boxing and especially mayweather press conferences usually this cringy and mandrama tier or is it because of mcgregor?

surprised Szpilka got stopped so fast

youtube.com/watch?v=jPlvkyS1gy0

box had a relationship with mandrama long before MMA was on the radar.

Would you let Mike fuck you till you love him?