BvS/Snyder worship thread

BvS/Snyder worship thread

Marvelshills can go back to r*ddit

Other urls found in this thread:

newsweek.com/doctor-strange-becomes-marvels-highest-grossing-solo-superhero-introduction-525789
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel716.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M
batman-news.com/2015/12/09/ike-barinholtz-suicide-squad-howard-stern/
youtu.be/ZkqyIoYAXV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

All capeshit is Reddit your underage Sup Forums faggot

Does anybody ever talk about how Superman's death scene is a rip off (or "homage") of the ending of Excalibur? Especially since a poster for the movie is in the opening scene? Not to mention the throwing of the kryptonite spear into the water mirroring the sword bring thrown into the lake. What did Zack Snyder mean by this?

> Le daily bait threads

yeah that's true, which is why this is a capekino thread, not a capeshit thread

snyder has repeatedly mentioned his love of Excalibur, and there are many references to it in the film

The film could be seen as a retelling of the Arthurian legend in general, Doomsday being Mordred, Batman being Lancelot, Superman being Arthur, the Spear being Excalibur, etc.

>it's another BvS thread

God this movie was so good. I really don't know why it good such low reviews. Did the average normie really don't understand the deep themes behind it?

Praise be unto the God of kino

Max comfy

I sincerely love Watchmen and BvS.

They understood the movie completely that's why they know it's shit. Having a bad plot with bad characters and bad editing makes it a bad movie. Adding beginner type symbolism, Instagram color filters and set piece cinematography doesn't make it a good movie.

K I N O

seriously though, the visual symmetry between MoS and BvS is awesome

>"they got it!!"
>goes on to show he didn't get it

lmao

>bad characters

when will these meme end

how someone could watch the UC of BvS and call Clark or Bruce "bad characters" is beyond me. i mean you must have awful taste to think that.

das it mayne

>Having a bad plot with bad characters and bad editing makes it a bad movie

Good thing BvS has none of those things then

S Y M M E T R Y

C H A R A C T E R A R C S

F U L L C I R C L E

Great so now I understand that you don't know what makes a movie good or bad.

if he loves excalibur so much maybe he should make a remake of it instead of shoehorning it in a batman vs superman movie

Snyder should stick to making trailers only.

Why does BvS make you so mad?

but he didn't shoehorn it in, it fits in perfectly and adds a lot to the film. and the funny thing is almost nobody got it until months later. not a single critic mentioned it.

why would he do that? he makes great movies.

Found the marvel shill.

He's paid to shit on it and now they are more active than ever because Dr Strange underperformed and Spiderman looks like shit. Just ignore him

So Snyder is a genius because he rips off and copies shots from other movies or overused religion sources?
Kek. What a talentless hack. He wouldn't even have a job now if it wasn't for his big shot Warner Brothers wife.

an american auteur

now that jeff nichols has lost it, he's the only one left.

god you guys just get more pathetic by the day, you're literally just making shit up

go back to your MCU thread

Someone post that webm of Civil War blatantly ripping off Man of Steel please

> Dr Strange underperformed

newsweek.com/doctor-strange-becomes-marvels-highest-grossing-solo-superhero-introduction-525789

i was pretty disappointed when i saw BvS in theaters but after sometime and watching the EC i fell in love with it. it still has some flaws but overall its pretty good. also, the Flash scene is def one of my fav moments.

Thread reported for shilling

>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel716.htm
>$222,362,446 / Day 38
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm
>$307,480,891 / Day 38

DOWN IN A HOLE
FEELING SO SMALL

> El flasho comes in screaming. "am I too soon and other gibberish"
Then Bruce wakes up. Meaning it wasn't time travel, He was dreaming that too.

What a dumb scene.

it was targeted by paid shills in their "culture war" schemes (wish I was making this up), and also by autistic nerds ("it's different from the irrelevant, badly written and badly drawn modern comic books only I read, so it's bad!")

It is a great movie anyway. Super heroes reborn

>i don't know shit about the Speedforce

it's a vision manifested by the speedforce of a possible future

> Dr Strange a c list character with a movie budget of 168 million.

> Suicide Squad a movie with a budget of 250 million and a shit ton of advertising millions. Featuring DC's most popular Hero and their most popular villain and female villain. All 3 were heavily featured in all the trailers, posters and promotional material.

People what they don't understand

Not only it was a fine movie but also showed us the worst smear campaign I've ever seen. Disney wasn't pulling any punches and still isn't: in your face shilling, paid critics, everything you can think of

I was never quite a fan of the Mouse but after this I'm going full boycott on his rat ass.

relevant

I do know about the speed force but the way it was shown on film was retarded.

>Suicide Squad Production Budget: $175 million
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm

The speed force does t operate through dreams. Are you dumb?

youtube.com/watch?v=OTKDtoBR-2M

quote the part of my post which mentions dreams

i said vision, not dream, and if you don't know that people have visions of the future from the speedforce, you've never read a flash/JL comic

>Suicide Squad a movie with a budget of 250 million

more like 500 millions $

>movieblob hates the best supehero film of the modern era

i'm shocked

>DCucks

Then Snyder must be really afraid of Superman

> believing that fake number
Kek

batman-news.com/2015/12/09/ike-barinholtz-suicide-squad-howard-stern/

Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal

>making numbers up to feel better about being BTFO

Bruce was clearly dreaming when El flasho started screaming gibberish at him. Then after Bruce clearly woke up from the dream. So it was a dream within a dream.
Did you watch the movie? Is there as plain as day.
They fucked up the time travel shit Kek.

sorry, i guess you would prefer a superman who is automatically perfect and flawless in every way, has no emotional growth whatsoever, and doesn't have any of his ideals challenged in difficult situations.

i mean, who would want a character that grows and changes and is given trials and tribulations in his journey? no dude, i want stagnant, boring, predictable, shitty heroes. no innovation for this guy. just gimme the quips baby.

pleb

>>making numbers up to feel better about being BTFO

It was a reported 750 millions $ lad

at least that's what I've been told on r/marvel.

>he says it like he figured it out by himself
you saw our work here, pleb, don't pretend.

>some guy telling unbacked shit against all the sources in the world

Getting desperate there friend?

That's not as much 'ripping off' as it is capeshit being a creative graveyard, is it?

>look how much I didn't get it

Nice.

Funny thing that Doomsday was at right time of people forcing homunculus.

How has Superman grown? He's been the most boring Bland character that even after two movies people still don't care about him. His death came with no emotional impact whatsoever. No one was really sad to see him go. It was more of a meh situation. Then afterwards they just brought him back to life with the dirt rise it was like "lol j/k"

I used to think arguing over capeshit is something that only happened in YT comment sections. Are you guys gonna start debating over which console is the better one next?

Oh I see. He's not an entitled, self-absorbed sociopath who murders people whenever he feels like it. He's "flawed". Kind of like how religious extremists are "flawed".

>I don't know shit about Superman

>I don't know shit about Superman

I love BvS, but you're being retarded.

Everytime

Jesus Christ why is board run over by Sup Forums and r/dc cinematic faggots. This place full of pleb shit all the time

I can post more sources pointing to the 250 million dollars budget if you want.

>it's impossible to both understand something I like and not also like it

AUTISM.JPG

You forgot that Mr. Doctor was under reshoots too, and people still don't know real budget of Guardians of the Galaxy.

>I love BvS, but you're being retarded.

Ironic

You do know the studios are forced to make the production budgets public by law, right?

he went from a guy just trying to get by going through the world, to basically becoming jesus, fully embracing his role as savior and protector of the world. he went from clark kent, random guy who was afraid of his role and resentful in some ways of his critics, to superman. the change happens at the end of BvS. the saga from MoS to BvS is about him growing to accept his humanity and his role in human society. with his resurrection in JL, we'll see him as "muh superman.

>His death came with no emotional impact whatsoever

4u. i thought it was beautiful and very powerful.

>Then afterwards they just brought him back to life with the dirt rise it was like "lol j/k"

you ever see wrath of khan? is spock's death in wrath of khan not emotionally powerful? even though we know he'll be back in search for spock. it's the same thing. they're both necessary aspects of the narratives of the films and the characters emotional journeys.

i know plenty about superman. i've read innumerable superman comics. i adore the character. and i'm glad to see snyder do interesting and different things with him.

>the key to good filmmaking is to lift weights

this board has been taken over by fratboys

The reshoots of Dr Scringe were made by a different director too, which only shows want shitshow Marvel Studios truly is. GotG going overbudget is something it's even hard to believe

so is there any good reason why superman would let the government have control over a kryptonian ship and zods body?

>the key to good filmmaking is to be fat and balding

this board has been taken over by numales

>strawman fallacy

this board has been taken over by idiots

marveldrone detected. Get out pleb

My point was clearly that it shouldn't matter what you look like if you can make a good film. I'm glad to see that point sailed entirely over your head, which makes sense given that you are a fan of Snyder's films.

the power of lazy screenwriting

>it shouldn't matter what you look like if you can make a good film.

well see lad that's the problem, marvel's people look bad and can't make films. whereas snyder looks great and makes great films.

Okay let's suppose that both these movies have the same budget. Which they don't but just for argument's sake let's say you have the same budget. You are trying to compare a C-list character from Marvel that pretty much nobody knows about vs. A movie featuring DC's most popular hero and most popular villain in the world and pretty much the most popular female villain in the world as well.
And also the fact that Suicide Squad had a massive advertising campaign that even has the Joker in a music video by Skrillex .
And to top it all off Suicide Squad even had its own Hot Topic clothing line Kek.

youtu.be/ZkqyIoYAXV8

>he genuinely believes this

Exactly how old are you?

And "robbers wears superhero masks" first was in Suicide Squad then in Spider-Man Homecoming, Christ symbiosism, Civil War with almost identical plot to BvS (they even used mom as trigger-twist), Dr. Strange is literally Green Lantern's remake (main char is asshole, imagination based superpowers, mentor-friend turns into villain in after credits, giant blob that our hero defeats by trick), dull colors (Homecoming, Civil War).

Heil Snyder

It wasn't a dream you pleb. This film was for DC fans. If you don't understand the speed force then get out

Snyder gets too much shit. He shoots beautiful looking movies, but he just needs a good writer. I love Watchmen, but BvS was a mess.

Snyder pls go

DCucks can't stop posting muscular men without their shirts on.

Also praise Lex for being g portrayed as a quirky twink with homosexual mannerisms.

>if you don't understand the retarded bullshit I'm childish enough to be obsessed with then get out

Okay. You "win".

why whould kryptonians build spaceships that has the option to create a doomsday when they knew doomsday was really bad and should never be done again?

The casting ruined the movie

In that case why like anything. If someone likes comics who cares lol. The movie portrayed the source material well. If it's campy, well, it's based off comic book heroes with these abilities.

Snyder should be in charge of movie trailers only.

>campy

Tell that to the idiots insisting it's high art.

>Which they don't

Indeed, Dr Strange had a bigger budget although who knows how much really, GotG going to 250 millions is something almost unbelievable and it didn't have the production problems Dr Strange had

>A movie featuring DC's most popular hero

12 seconds

>and most popular villain in the world

5 minutes

Everyone attracted to the film to see those guys would know, by the day 38 since its release, there were barely in it and still SS is BTFOing Dr Strange (day by day comparision). So no, people just liked SS more

I didn't btw, I though it was a piece of hot garbage but I'll make the argument for shill triggering purposes only