Happy Bastille Day!

ITT

Things you have learned about France and its posters

cheese eating surrender monkeys

That they're the human incarnation of European arrogance

Is it really undeserved though?

cool ppl, unlike anglos

Stop celebrating Bastille Day

Fun fact : the 14th of July was proposed under the Third Republic to celebrate the 14 July 1791 not the 14 July 1789. Indeed, the 1791 date commemorate the "Fête de la Fédération" where the army parade in front of the king and the people in order to reunite the nation after the Revolution. If you celebrate the 14th of July, you celebrathe the King.

1790 l'ami.

Can Trianon ever be forgiven friend?

The only country that has any right to be arrogant is Britain. theyre achievements and contributions to history as a whole is only dwarfed by that of America.

French posters are my most favourite ones

TENNNNIIISSSSSSS

>muh country that only became relevant in the 1800s but since i don't know history any far back than that, I will consider it the greatest european country
That's what youget with Americans I guess.

Cheers! You're quite the nice hapa country too.

When that bougnoule plowed a truck thru a crowd in Nice, probablyt the only memorable Bastille Day in existence. Shame to say I like Tunisians too.

u mad or smthing?

i dont think it was france's mission to destroy hungary, just a place a stupid treaty was signed

No, just the only thing I can think of when I see "Bastille Day".

Today is the future queen of Sweden's birthday. Say something nice to her.

>k it was france's mission to destroy hungary,
I recall being taught that France wouldn't even have tried to strip away its lands from Hungary, except that Wilson's 14 piece basically hijacked the peace treaties objectives since the Entente now had to pretend that they wished to return minorities their own countries.
And admittedly, Hungary had a bunch of Slovaks and Serbs in it.

Hopefully now you'll remember Macron and Trump jeering.

Doesn't look French to me. When were the genes watered down? Even Knug doesn't seem French.

What do french people look like?

I thought that Chirac was a beta pushover, but French posters convinced me that he was pure alpha.

What are you talking about? Which country? Are you genuinely inferring that America is a irrelevant country? Or are you saying that Britain wasn't relevant until the 1800?

Your fucking retarded either way.

And in the first place I said that contributed the most to society and humanity and a whole. And when you look at it from an objective standpoint, nearly all political, economic, military, technological aspects of modern life are in some way or shape originallly from those countries, or those countries changes or impacted these ima s ignificant way.
The only major differences are in culture, even still the culture of these two countries are by far the most dominant.

Are you trying to infer that France is better than either one of them? What has France contributed to the world? Some culture? A few inventions? What else? If your country would've taken over the world under Napoleon then I wouldn't be saying this. But your country failed miserably at the peak of its power. Just like Germany, just like Greece, and just like so many other civilizations.

The United States and the United Kingdom didn't, and that's what makes us great

the problem was having 1/3 of our population given to said minorities because nobody even had an idea in the west about ethnic borders

Diplomatically, yes, but in France domestically, he shyed away from measures he should've implemented because he could've gotten a bad rap from it, so it's nuanced.

Macron is a Jupiterian god

Heureux jour de Bastille!

>Or are you saying that Britain wasn't relevant until the 1800?
Historians would agree with me that England only became threatening to France when they shed themselves of the Stuart dynasty, who'd been covert French puppets under the thumb of Louis XIII and Louis XIV, and crowned WIlliam of Orange. Up until then, the English had been checked by Spain, and basically had little word in things except begging France not to invade Flanders. The first war in which England had the power to alter things radically was obectively the war of the spanish succession, so yes, around the 1800S and slightly earlier.
Fuck ouf of here with your revisionist history.

>And when you look at it from an objective standpoint, nearly all political, economic, military, technological aspects of modern life are in some way or shape originallly from those countries,
>steals their entire political philosophy from Montesquieu and Rousseau
>"but we did these things i swear"

>, even still the culture of these two countries are by far the most dominant.
Well arguably yes, but British culture has long been that of trying mimick French culture, and the American one is an amelgation of everyone that's immigrated there so it's a bit of moot point. Like how French culture itself tries to emulate Roman culture, so you can go back as far as you want really without ever being able to pin any country as more dominant culturally.

>Are you trying to infer that France is better than either one of them?
No, but that it stands easily on the same gradient.

> If your country would've taken over the world under Napoleon then I wouldn't be saying this.
Napoleon winning or not, the political situation spanning Europe was recarved forever (birth of nation states, liberalism, etc...), so France still gets to rake in the influence Napoleon had by warring across Europe.

>But your country failed miserably at the peak of its power.
So did Britain technically in 1945. So why still hold them in such high...

(...) esteem despite you also appearing to think a country that's fallen from grace shouldn't be seen as important since you reason that way about Germany and France.

Thanks! I always forget what the British national holiday :(.

You're misusing the word 'infer' here, baka.

Poor Transylvania.

We don't care, you shithead. Other nationalities don't spam Sup Forums the day of their country's national day, not even Americans while we are on an American site.

Transylvania couldn't become independent because France promised it to rromani-a as a way to get them into the war

I really like French posters, great sense of humour

>implying Macron won't crown himself Emperor of Francia today

And a lot of good that did us.

>shatters at the first offensive by von Mackensen
>siphons troops out of Russia because they have to defend an even longer frontline now
>peaces out but still gets rewards
Psssh nothin' personal Entente.

Yea, they colonized fucking desert and now English is spoken because of you

They're so more glorious than us!

>yfw Merkel steps out of the shadows, which he then promptly marries and Germany and France are reunited as the Frankish empire

Happy freedom day, amis!

>Things you have learned about France
I've learned that it's actually a pretty cool place.
>and its posters
Same mix of assholes and beautiful people like all others. This is still Sup Forums after all.

I prefer Netherlands tb h

I don't know. That'd mean too many arrogant people in one country.

>what is France

>can't even colonise a couple of countries right across from them
>never had any significant territory, lost all it's colonies in embarrassing manners
>fucking steam that his "lamguage" is confined to third-world shitholes

Yeah, but even us, and the fucking Dutch.

Unimaginable.

>can't even colonise a couple of countries right across from them

Such as...?

>never had any significant territory, lost all it's colonies in embarrassing manners

Are you kidding me, you fucking idiot?

Nowadays France is pretty much our 'significant terrifory'

>fucking steam that his "lamguage" is confined to third-world shitholes

>muh language

Remove America, Canada, Straya and NZ and English is a 3rd World Shitholes language as well.

You were just smart enough to send (aka 'deport') white people in your colonies, don't be so arrogant you fucks.

Offering bets on the location of a terror attack!

Marseille, Paris, or perhaps this time Lyon or Toulouse? Place your bets folks! 100% of profits will be directed to aid the Finnish meme scientists

I wanna say Marseille because attacks always happen in the south and are moving increasingly towards there but I'm gonna have to go with Lyon.

Assassination attempt's on Macron's life in which he wrestles the jihadi's gun from his gun, KO's the hundred other attackers by himself, and makes him realize the errors of his ways.

It ends with the jihadi vowing his love for Macron, and not Allah.

>implying muslims don't LOVE Macron

>literally pepe and feels guy

ISIS supported Le Pen, because if she had won, they had won

Bullshit. I don't even vote FN but I still know this is pure communist lies.

ISIS primary goal is to radicalize other muslims. It's the opposite of Macron.

MLP is too weak, she would never do anything against them.

And they don't radicalize if we deport them and make sure they don't come back :^)

Actually that's pretty much guaranteeing it. Sort of like saying they can't hijack a truck if you occasionally bomb them.

dumb slavshit

Joyeux 14 juillet ! Que Dieu benisse la France

muslims and ISIS are not the same
Only a small percentage of muslims follow ISIS's interpretation of Islam

I recognized you, Mohamed.

Merci copain

nice strawman, friendo

>Things you have learned about France and its posters
That walloons are the real enemy

Vive la France, bordel de merde !

Look mate, throughout history we made have shared the very best mathematicians, philosophers, economists, painters and composers with Germany, Italy, Holland and *maybe* the UK (considering only philosophy and economics).

Then we write better than any of you, we eat better, we drink better, we kiss better, we fuck better, and we work less to achieve a better productivity.

Now fuck off with your humanist thinking (yet another thing the world stole from us), being the greatest isn't about contributing the most to the world, it's about being the best, and that isn't about military power, it's about the lifestyle of the individuals, and there's no doubt we tower over the world in that matter.

Now that is said, we actually did contribute the most scientifically and philosophically speaking ; and we are the most successful nation at war (there are numerous wikipedia pages about that).