My bass

What type of bass do you have?
This one is my blue bass

It's sort of got that blue bass feel to it.
Very blue.
Very bass.
Thanks for sharing, OP.

This.
See ya later!

>tfw no bass
I will buy one soon. Probably a JB or a P with a neck pickup.

>tfw got a hand-me-down 5 string bass for birthday
>tfw wide as fuck fretboard
>tfw small as fuck hands

Here are my basses

badass

Mustang lefty..yes a lefty!

it's worth dealing with it, just practice for a while and suddenly playing a 4-string one will feel pretty easy

Epiphone Thunderbird IV ftw!

i got this boy

Hoefner
Alston (built from a kit)
Fender Precision

Heyo!

i have a black and red bass with 4 strings

I have a dark blue bass
>Yamaha something
I have a midnight blue bass
>Rickenbacker 4003
I have a black bass
>Yamaha fretless something
And a white one
>Squier Bass VI

I resonantly started playing the bass. I got the technique and some of the theory down but i’m having a hard time finding riffs and solos to play. Do you guys have any riffs or solos that you enjoy playing?

I have red bass.
I use it to make sounds.

I like to do this, play root note, slide up to fifth, down a string for the third.

So for C chord. play C then slide up same string to note E, then skip to D string for note G.
This makes arpeggios more interesting & opens up the neck more, instead of just being 1st position.

Don't be mean

i bought this 1989 fender p-bass usa made for $300, the guy i bought it from didn't know what he had

hello friends

lol... nice black and white bass man. most boring colors imagineable... guy knew exactly what he had and probably used your money to buy a nice red or blue bass

oldest trick in the book

Why is it called your blue bass?

Go to bed Mehdy

>Matching headstock
Holy fuck I'm gonna cum

Im pretty new to bass and im learning scales right now. Would you ever start a scale on the D or G strings or do you only play the root note on E and A strings?

i have one of these

and also a stagg electric double bass

Yeah but learning the idea of why and how a scale is constructed is more important than the actual pattern. If you know how, you can make it up on the fly.

I got this qt

Yes you could, but you run out of notes sooner/have to climb the neck more.

Depends on the sort of tone you want?

american standard. moved from vintage modified jazz bass 70s and i'm very happy.

dat bass

I have a nameless P-Bass, natural finish+black pickguard that sounds like the gods.

Also a Squier Jazz Bass sunburst made fretless + black pickguard + flatwounds, feels so nice.

Also an Ibanez Ergodyne with diy outboard preamp. Tight synthetic sound.

I love them all.

This is my daily driver. I also have a 70s Jazz Bass and a Hofner Ignition violin bass

In general playing the tonic on the lower string will give you a darker tone. It also opens you up to vibrato that you can't do on open strings.

Make sure you're keeping your thumb across from your middle finger. Guitarists can fuck around with this with their dinky string diameters but you'll need to get a good bite into the fret to have a solid tone.

I have a fretless one of those.
I don't play it much as I should do, fretless is weird when you're so used to frettted.

Also the tone control on mine barely changes the tone at all,if that is common idk?

I've had the same experience with mine. Switching off the upper pickup gives a slightly darker tone but I normally just fuck with the knobs on my amp when I play my streamer.

this is my bass. she's very pretty and cute. say something nice about her!

Its not just me then.

sorry she's half mexican she has a brown pickguard, i only like white girls

Are you in a pop punk band?

>she has a brown pickguard
it's actually gold:^)
i was in highschool