/sag/

Late afternoon edition.
Please note that /sag/ is the general for discussions pertaining to India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and Maldives only. Myanmar and Iran, please go to /asean/ and /MENA/ respectively.

Other urls found in this thread:

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-tops-global-index-of-countries-with-the-most-confidence-in-their-government/articleshow/59588709.cms
twitter.com/AnonBabble

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-tops-global-index-of-countries-with-the-most-confidence-in-their-government/articleshow/59588709.cms
kek
>inb4 times of india

>Only 30 percent of Americans have confidence in Trump.
Somehow I find that hard to believe even though he lost the majority vote.

>This is what the old Nepal flag looked like.

How much has GST fucked you in the arse, my fellow poos?

30 percent of what? did they go door to door and ask all 350 million people?
or 30 percent of any 10 people they randomly bumped into?
percent of what?

Closer to the second obviously. Sometimes I think all these meme opinion stats are fake.

>This is what the current flag of Sicily looks like.

so what do you guys think about indiachan.

Sucks even worse than here tbqh.

Not enough autism.

facebook has enough fags though.

>Myanmar and Iran, please go to /asean/ and /MENA/ respectively.
Based

At what age did you realise that absolutely nothing good has and ever will come from lurking in this websites talking to random retards on the internet destroying your perceptions of the real world and you still keep coming back again and again just to make things worse.

>At what age did you realise that absolutely nothing good has and ever will come from lurking in this websites talking to random retards on the internet destroying your perceptions of the real world
you really, really need to stop using this website then

Gilgit Baltistan is unironically the best /sag/ flag.

>paneer dosai

Where are you originally from?

hindiniggers, is using "tereko" and "mereko" in casual conversation common where you are from?

nagpur, but i'm currently staying in bangalore.

I mostly hear people from Delhi/Gurgaon/Noida saying it. It's probably something endemic to the original Khari Boli and completely absent from the lingo of Rajasthan, M.P, Chhattisgarh, Bihar and Jharkhand.

I've never heard anyone say "dosai" before in Bangalore. Are you Tamilian?

how could you forget this masterpiece?

I have never seen it being flown with the elephant-lion hybrid things in it. I've either seen it just like this, or with the shape of Karnataka in the middle. To be honest I've seen it so many times, like I literally step out of the house and see it everywhere, that it's become the stalest flag to me. Also it has no official status. Yeddy tried banning it from being flown over government buildings and schools once. The only legally official sub-national flag in the country is that of J&K.

REMINDER that Extraflags is not only extremely helpful, but almost essential to having discussions in Sup Forums generals, especially the /sag/
it lets you see the state, and usually even the city of others, and allows you to show your own.
However, for it to be used most effectively, many people need to have it, which is why many of us are shilling it.
if you do not have it already, please go to pic related and get it. downloading and setting up is super easy, and takes ~2-3 minutes.
thank you

just call it /britishraj/

Did Austroasiatic speakers of India immigranted from Indochina or Austroasiatic speakers of Indochina immagranted from India? Or both northeast India and Indochina were >ours all along?

the thing in the middle is Karnataka's coat of arms, basically the sigil of the Wodeyars of the princely state of Mysore with ashoka's lions on top.

the red and yellow flag is the flag of a kannada-power type of political party which was very powerful a few decades ago.

their combination is our de facto flag.

I am aware man. I live here.

i don't think i understood your question properly, but south indians had created a sort of empire( not exactly an empire; it was more like the hanseatic league) across indonesia and indochina called the sri vijaya empire. that was what caused the migration of people and their culture from india to the east.

Oh, i mean that did the Mundaris came from Indochina?

>not exactly an empire; it was more like the hanseatic league) across indonesia
I'd say it was an empire for Indonesia. The rest of SEA was like a HL.

Most probably Westward migration from SE Asia. There is a decent theory saying how the ancestors of the Khasi were migrants from the Indochina who settled Meghalaya about 3000 years ago. Not sure about the Mundas/Santals tho. It all makes sense for Khasi because it is in the Mon-Khmer branch. Munda in the other hand has its own branch and does not fall into Mon-Khmer like Vietnamese, Khmer and Khasi do. It is likely they've inhabited the subcontinent much longer than Indo-Aryan speakers. There is a theory that the Indus Valley Civilization spoke a para-Munda language, but it's often discredited in favour of Dravidian.

Nope. That didn't lead to any Austroasiatic immigration into the subcontinent.

oh, that. I think the mundas did indeed come from indochina, and probably far before the Aryan invasion. what i said in happened much later and has nothing to do with that

yeah, i think you guys are right.

gonna keep bumping this shit until the rest of you get it too.

>You can get away with murder in India without any trial or even investigation

FB is cancer.

Just like in Russia?

ummm no?

source pls or just CNNing?

>In 2006, Sentinelese archers killed two fishermen who were fishing illegally for mud crabs within range of the island. Their boat's improvised anchor failed to prevent it from being carried away by currents while they were asleep. The boat drifted into the shallows of the island, where they were killed. An Indian Coast Guard helicopter that was sent to retrieve the bodies was driven off by Sentinelese warriors, who fired a volley of arrows.[20][21]

everyone east of afghanistan makes me physically sick

Why don't you go home Afghan man?

According to one theory by Michael Witzel, the *original* inhabitants of the Punjab area were Austroasiatic, most likely Munda, and towards the mature stages of the IVC, language shift into Dravidian occurred. Now assuming the earliest IVC farming camps were proto-Munda or para-Munda speaking people, Austroasiatic people must have lived in the subcontinent since 7000 BC. Now Khasi is disjoint from Munda and is the product of a far more recent migration of Mon-Khmer agriculturists from Indochina. Munda has presumably existed in India since four millennia before. There is no clear agreement as to how old the Austroasiatic branch is. One of the most recognised theories is that the homeland of Austroasiatic peoples is in the central Mekong area, and the family is 4000 years old. Hence it seems unlikely that Austroasiatic peoples could have inhabited the IVC area before its mature phase.

why don't you go home paki man

Not a p*ki but I actually am once I finish my degree.
What's your excuse lmao?

it's a wartorn shithole? did you really need to ask?

Plz go.

Then do something about it?
You're not making it any better sitting on your inbred ass in the West. Be the change you want to see in the world and all.

pajeet stop putting afghanistan in the thread name then crying when your inferiority complex kicks in

any good movie to recommend for the weekend?

>inferiority complex
Lel. I was being serious. You're probably educated and capable of getting a good job in the city.

>tfw too poor to buy a car

I am the next Shahrukh

what an awful haircut and facial hair, do you not have any self-awareness?

>gtfo subhuman i am
Nice eye slant tho. Rare to see a direct descendant of Genghis around here.

I don't think shahrukh eats dogs

So you are one of the millions of descends of Genghis Khan, huh.

Chinese Girls love it
I wonder if Mongolia will accept me
Tumhare maa
I feel the Mongol blood coursing through my veins, Ilkhanate 2.0 when?

>Tumhare maa
>Tumhaare

Your food gave me diarrhea. I'm never eating Hindu food again.

Are you Chinese?

No I hate ch*nks (but I like their girls)

dont wanna be a dick but you legitimately look like a virgin

And is there something wrong with that you Kafir? When I marry, I'll have pure sex with my virgin wife.

Does anyone know what this is? Serious question.

My mother doesn't eat dogs either

Chup Karo, Jaw aur Mere ko Rojan Josh banau

/sag/, would pic related be an objectively better Indian flag than the current piece of shit?

critiques, suggestions, questions, and changes welcome

To be honest, I never thought of the present flag as ugly or nauseating until I heard Sup Forums people say so. Is the flag itself really nauseating or is it because it reminds them of Pajeet and poo in loo? For instance, what do they think of Miami or Niger? Is it the Ashok Chakra that makes the difference (anus)?

Best flag

Old flag of Sri Lanka.

i personally felt the indian flag is disgusting for reasons totally unconnected to 4chans obsession.
>colour scheme only to blatantly pander to different """"""sections of society""""""
>that fucking wheel; gandhi did a bunch of great stuff, but allowing a spinning wheel to represent the nation? come on!
>too similar to various other flags. only charecterized by that fuckin wheel
>no indian symbols, crests or sigils.
>looks really unimpressive and bland, and commands neither awe nor affection.

>colour scheme only to blatantly pander to different """"""sections of society""""""
How is this true?

yeah, but that was just one kingdom, out of the broad spectrum of historical and cultural entities of the subcontinent. I'm not a huge follower of muh national integration meme, but i'm also not a fan of letting one era and geographical and cultural entity represent the entire subcontinent.
the mughals were based, and so was their flag, but it's a MUGHAL flag, not an INDIAN one.
Vijayanagara was also a based empire, and their flag( pic related) too was... interesting to say the least.

i thought of all this while making that flag. it has the same basic colour scheme as the one you posted, and one of its main symbols.

>>that fucking wheel
>>no indian symbols, crests or sigils.
how much for the proxy m8?

He's just way too Sup Forums-ised I guess. Talks like the firang to fit in.

the indian flag was VERY different till around the first few decades of the twentieth century. it was then that Congress came up with the idea of
>saffron for Hindus
>white for sikhs, christians, buddhists, and jains
>green for muslims

all that shit about valour, purity, and fertility is just a meme. I'd never thought someone could actually fall for it.

>bum me hunnit' fags ya fookin paki cunt
wat do

One of the GOAT subcontinental flags...

My weekly McDonald's order is now 10 rs cheaper

btw if a white guy goes to india is it like going to thailand or africa where getting laid is easy as fuck and women jump on you?

You really shouldn't try being a "playa" here unless you want to get lynched.

ok, i concede that the wheel was indeed the crest of Panchala and ashoka, but that was the carriage wheel; the one Gandhi put was the spinning wheel, and the reason he gave for it was pathetic.
Also, like i already mentioned, i feel symbols that go beyond kingdoms, dynasties and religions, and are symbols of the culture as a whole are more apt than the sigils of certain powerful empires.

I am genuinely curious: which part of what i said made it seem as if i wasn't indian? what was firangi in my words?

Look apu
there's no need to be protective of your women against me
you guys have like 500 million loopoo girls for yourselves so I can bleach some
and what kind of lynching crowd are we talking about?
I wager I can fight off about 10 loopoos before I start to succumb to fatigue

(no offense whatsoever intended with this post)

Old flag of Bangladesh (provisional government just after the war). Not bad. The only one that sucks is Nepal's. I think Bhutan has one too.

it really depends on where you go. if you go to villages or other closed communities, trying to fuck girls while being an outsider won't end well for you. If you come to the more modern parts like Bangalore and Mumbai, go to bars and clubs, and hit on upper class chicks, your novelty will surely get you laid, like anywhere else in the world.

I couldn't care less about whoever you want to "bleach" or whatever. This country has had muslim rulers in the past and the cultural/religious influence is still deeply ingrained in the society. Casual relationships and one night stands are frowned upon here, and if you go out looking for them in the wrong areas, you will literally get lynched.

what if I specifically want a poor brown dravida gf?

>wheel was indeed the crest of Panchala and ashoka, but that was the carriage wheel
> the one Gandhi put was the spinning wheel, and the reason he gave for it was pathetic.
are we talking the same Indian flag here?

> what was firangi in my words?
your utter lack of history betrayed by your larp

>This country has had muslim rulers in the past
which makes you cucks
and cucks dont object to their women racemixing do they?

Cancer. It's full of plebbit and fagbook users.
And /sag/ is going the same way.

This conversation is starting to bore me. Adios.

>If you come to the more modern parts like Bangalore and Mumbai, go to bars and clubs, and hit on upper class chicks, your novelty will surely get you laid, like anywhere else in the world.
I don't think any family here however "modernized" will take having premarital sex lightly.

fucking newfags itt with their shitty opinions

>I don't think any family here however "modernized" will take having premarital sex lightly.
>family
mods should b& these underage newfags

I personally know several who have. the only thing preventing me from having much premarital sex is my intrinsic inability to form long term relationships. one night stands and casual sex ARE frowned upon, but i don't think that's a bad thing. Most of my friends have got laid, and many of their families know but don't care. of course, it's still extremely tabboo in high school, and sometimes even college, but there are many who do it. once you become a proper adult, the only thing stopping you is your own choices.

^ this. anybody who's done with college knows that there's no problem here. underage sex is the only thing really tabboo, and if your underage, you shouldn't be on this site.

REMINDER that Extraflags is not only extremely helpful, but almost essential to having discussions in Sup Forums generals, especially the /sag/
it lets you see the state, and usually even the city of others, and allows you to show your own.
However, for it to be used most effectively, many people need to have it, which is why many of us are shilling it.
if you do not have it already, please go to pic related and get it. downloading and setting up is super easy, and takes ~2-3 minutes.
thank you

This is one of the best flags desu. Reminds me of the Shiv Sena flag.

>double pennant

when will this meme end?

>Reminds me of the Shiv Sena flag.
BASED
A
S
E
D