Why did it suck?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1taWlppxxM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was shit. Shit sucks.

people graduated high school

Trump obsession

Apparently they are releasing another album in 2018.

- Too many featurings who steal the show
- Damon Albarn keeps relying on his iPad production style
- Unnecessary political references (which were bleeped out anyway)
- No identity

You guys do realize it featured so many guests because it was called "Humanz", right?

>it was shit on purpose

exactly if i wanted to listen to those artist i woujld "buy" their albums, i wanted to listen to gorillaz but 90% of the content is all those other fags

plastic beach was a collab album done right because it still sounded like gorillaz not just a fucking mess like humanz

>Everything new sucks.

youtube.com/watch?v=-1taWlppxxM

OBAMA IS GONE

What the fuck am I looking at? Is that Ringo Starr?

>Is that Ringo Starr?

>iPad production style
i cant bash him for that honestly, i really liked some of the songs on the fall (amarillo, revolving doors, hillbilly man) sure most of them were just noise but its still "sounded" like gorillaz, humanz just like you said lacks identity

Too many EDM influences.

it didn't honestly, people just wanted more damon

The songs just don't feel catchy, most of them are party jams and I can't remember any laid-back songs. It feels like a "This is what kids listen to these days, right?" album.

>people just wanted more damon
gee i wonder fucking why? could it be because when i think gorillaz i hear him singing?
its like one of the most defining aspects of their style, 2-Ds (Damon) lowkey and toned down way of singing

2bh I feel Gorillaz started to fall off with Plastic Beach and Damon never really returned to form after the trash heap that was The Fall. I wasn't too surprised by Humanz being a disappointment.

exactly this. Humanz was the worst return a band could make after years of virtually nothing. what a hot steaming pile of shit album imho.

it not being a play-by-play gorillaz album doesn't make it a bad album though

no no of course it doesent, it sounding like complete garbage however does

It sucked because it was made by Gorillaz. Gorillaz always sucked.

Source of that?

lack of 2-d, lack of dynamics. it feels just really flat and lacking of depth as compared to plastic beach or demon days. some tracks needed to be b-sides, some tracks needed more time to cook.
there's some good tracks here, but it lack an overarching musical theme or sound

she's my collar, carnival 2-d special, let me out are all pretty damn good

Hewlett (guy who does all the art) said in an interview he was inventing a new style for the record, and that damon was sending him demos. Damon also said around sept that he wanted to do an album drop like The Fall again.

Andromeda,Ascension, and Saturnz Barz are all great tracks. Maybe if there weren’t 26 fucking tracks and and so many shitty features it could have been ok at best.

It's funny, because there's one thing which took me some time to realize, it's that I never truly enjoyed the beats on Humanz, it was mostly the vocal performances which saved it for me.

But when I listen to any album before The Fall, the production is always spot-on and nice to listen to, in my opinion.

I agree with your opinions but i just had to let you know that trip fags need to go to reddit

i mean i obviously disagree but its w/e i enjoy it

it didn't.

it's AOTY

>The Fall is bad

I love this meme.