4 new avatar sequels filmmed back to back

>4 new avatar sequels filmmed back to back
comingsoon.net/movies/news/793945-exclusive-sigourney-weaver-talks-avatar-sequels-development

uh, what the fuck are they gonna be about?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fJKtPJk3b2M
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp-6BSGXMvg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aliens

the 4 elements

will AVATAP grace us with his presence once again? or is he dead?

People can write original stories, user.

does anyone even care anymore

Cameron has an entire new sci-fi universe to play with. He can create whatever he wants, be it aliens or locations or tech or characters or story lines.
>uh, what the fuck are they gonna be about?

What a creative mind you have.

Sigourney makes a hot alien.

Even you will when the time comes.

next one is gonna be a ferngully ripoff

He just needs to speak out about Star Wars TFA and I will suck his dick. Until then FUCK AVATAR.

youtube.com/watch?v=fJKtPJk3b2M

No innovated visual imagination.

Also holding his tongue because he is modest.

What do YOU think they're gonna be about?

>THE SEQUELS ARE COMING!

Hopefully, Cameron has the guts to be realistic and open the first sequel like this:

[BGM]
youtube.com/watch?v=Dp-6BSGXMvg

>"The humans returned to their dying world but, in our hubris, we had not considered that it was merely dying, not dead and a dying creature is when it is at it's most dangerous"
>"They told the horrified people back home what they had witnessed. How they had been betrayed by their own and how stolen technology now threatened Earth itself. A mixture of modest exaggerations and outright lies but there was no reason for the people back home to question it"
>"In their fear and anger, every remaining scrap of metal was torn from the planet's crust to be formed into new ships and missiles, every fragment of fissile materiel fashioned into warheads."
>"When these new ships entered Pandora's orbit we braced ourselves, expecting a new invasion that never came.
>"As a thousand new miniature stars burst into life in the atmosphere, everything burned. The resulting fire killed almost everything on the surface, save a few, near-solitary survivors."
>"As the ashes rained from the sky, I tried to explain the danger, but they couldn't possibly understand. How can a civilisation that wraps its understanding of nature in mysticism even begin to comprehend and invisible killer like radiation?"
>"It is ironic, we won a battle based on understanding that the humans lacked before then losing the war over an even greater wilful lack of knowledge on our part."
>"When the dust cleared, the humans began their harvest, just as they had always intended. After all, they had only come for rocks."

The main character dies at the end of Avatar. There's something created that thinks it's Jake, but Jake died, just like the Star Trek transporters kill you.

How long has it been since the last Abatap? 4 years, 5 by the time the next movie is out? It seems like they've slept on it too long for it to be as lucrative as it could have been.

Next one will copy some other eco cartoon, like a Miyazaki film or something

MAXIMUM EDGELORD MODE; OVERDEATH

jesus christ i've been hearing about avatar sequels for about a decade now, when is he going to start actually FILMING it?

I have no clue, but they'll all be kino and the shitposting will blow SW out of the water.

As I said, accurate. Every time humans have encountered a less advanced tribe sitting on resources they want only to be temporarily beaten back they have returned and rained unholy fire.

Gradually losing money because nobody cares about Fagatar anymore.

Whatever Ferngully 2 was about

As some anons apointed, a brand new sci-fi world to a honored director to reinvent whatever he wants and create lore. Its like a open canvas which he can infuse so many things. But overall, what themes i guess it will appear

>eco friendly lore
>spirituality connected with ecology/biology
>manifest destiny
>archetypes related to sword and sorcery, sci-fi and wild west stories
>big guns, robots and designed animals

>I don't wanna say too much about the film
>yeah definitely

What a bimbo.

>Avatar was an original story

I believe Star Wars and Planet of the Apes has taken the wind out his sails.

Sounds like a great formula for a new sci-fi universe.

that was a really cute movie senpai

lol

Nobody talks about TFA anymore and people will talk even less about that new one that comes out in a few days. Planet of the Apes already has two movies and nobody cares. People also don't give a shit about those new Star Trek movies. Avatar will once again have a such a huge impact and hype people so much and deliver so much awesome stuff that it will completely absorb the sci-fi market. SW and ST will eat the crumbs. The Avatar saga will be for us what the old SW movies were for the people back then. We will witness the creation of a new epic sci-fi saga. The prequels failed to do that, the new ST movies failed to do that. I don't even want to mention PotA.

yeah, probably not

Avatar had zero cultural impact, save keeping 3D from dying a well deserved death for a few months.

The first sequel will do alright. The others will be fucking garbage. You took too long making the movies Cameron. No one gives a fuck about avatar anymore. everyone will see the first sequel due to "hey remember that avatar movie from like 2009?"

Who /humanteam/ here?

>save keeping 3D from dying a well deserved death for a few months.
It made it so I am forced to watch every movie in shitty 3D. I hate James Cameron so fucking much.

why's she talking about them? her character died

You are naive if you think people won't eat it up when Avatar 2 comes out. You are foolish if you think that Cameron won't deliver.

So why did people watch the first one? There was nothing to remember about that. Why did people watch it so many times? The movie had legs like crazy and if the sequel isn't a complete shitpile the rest will break records as well.

question is why the fuck has he taken over a decade so far to make a sequel?

There's no way any of the sequels will make as much money as the first

Never underestimate JC.

Well done 3D is pretty good. Not Cameron's fault that hacks use his tech like that.

hey ross

Cameron please, there's so much out there's for you to tackle instead of this. The avatar universe just isn't that's interesting.

Did anyone even see avatar for anything but the PR lies that the CG was good?

this is what i want to know

A large part of the reason for the massive financial success of the original is the fact that it was released on the heels of the recession. I myself can remember people being laid off at my old employer at the time.

So people were desparate for a big dumb immersive escape. Bullseye.

Also, something that Sup Forums has forgotten is just how good the 3D actually was. How many of you have actually watched Avatar in a theater with 3D glasses on?

I wanted to see the floating islands

0/10

You're just butthurt

Because a money-driven soulless corporation isn't leaning on his to make a movie every 6 months.

Not even butthurt sperg. Good job embrassasing yourself

so it's basically a tv show now.

good to know.

>Nobody talks about TFA anymore

Not like Avatar! Everybody still talks about Avatar, because it changed movies forever!

it literally did shame about the dogshit script

If you didn't watch it in IMAX 3D, you didn't watch it.

Avatar may have been a shit film but RealD 3D is somehow still around which is a pretty big accomplishment.

3D as a whole has flopped, but it's still profitable enough 7 years later..

You'll see. People will be much more hyped for Avatar 2 than they were for TFA once the first trailer comes out and people remember the awesome world and animals and tech. The world and backstory in Avatar feels well thought out because it was well thought out as opposed to the garbage we got in TFA and will probably also get with Rogue One. All the same story devices and plot lines we already got from Star Wars over 30 years ago.

But the CG was good?

>Avatar came out nearly a decade ago
Jesus fuck me where has the time gone

the backstory in Avatar is holistic-spirituality trash that's completely the same as The Force or Jedis in Star Wars.

Trees that store souls and can revive people? Yeah, great lore. Loser.

he was waiting for a technological leap to help propel visuals for his next film. I guess for him that's 8K 3D at 48fps

He also licensed the brand to develop a Disney theme park which probably took up a lot of time and money (planning permission, design, production, construction, etc.)

One is part of alien biology which people can understand and doesn't require too much suspension of disbelief. The other is space magic.
One is about a struggle for resources where both sides can be viewed as good or bad depending on your viewpoint. The other has bad guys who are literally on the dark side and look like devils in all black and use red laser weapons to easily distinguish them from the good guys and their light side and their green and blue laser weapons. That's how little kids differentiate between good guys and bad guys in their cartoons.