I accidentally deleted my whole music library

I'm not entirely sure how I did it, but I deleted my whole itunes library folder by accident. I also emptied the trash on my computer too. Is there any way to recover the music and put them back in their albums, the way they were before I deleted them? I had a lot of stuff that would take me a while to re-download. I don't know if i can match the albums back with all the right songs in the right order with artwork.

I also would like to know if there are any better music/media players I should be using? I don't want anything fancy or annoying storepages or ads.

bump

F

Use Recuva maybe?

I don't rent music using iTunes, but if you paid for access to local files can't you just re-download them?

No none of the music was purchased through itunes, it all came from torrents or cds

I still use Windows Media Player, simple and works well enough. No ads.

That program looks good, since it can restore the directory structure, but i have a macbook and it is windows only. The only program i know of for mac does not keep the files in any order, they are all just thrown together in one massive folder.

>not having your library backed up on an external HDD
>using itunes

oh shit dude - I think you might be fucked D:
here's hoping there's some fix though

I might go out and buy an external hdd because of this. Are there any alternatives to itunes that are better?

time to get soulseek and do it again

this. also back your shit up a second time online like on mega.

This is a question for g or something, any there are some recovery programs out there and they might work. Though is very unlikely that you get all back as those memory locations may have been written over all ready.

Just redownload everything you remember from e.g. soulseek. If you don't remember a record, it wasn't memorable enough to waste your time on.

If you have the files on an actual device (ipod/phone) you can transfer the files using IExplorer.

I did this too, there's a certain file you can download to rebuild your iTunes I think ,or you can re-add the old file from your iTunes folder I believe.

fuck iTunes use clementine

I think that's what I'm going to have to do. I can still see all the albums and artists I had in my library though, along with the artwork and songs, so I have a list of what I need to re download

None of the music was on my phone, I just listened to it at home on my computer

I haven't been able to find anything like that

I know the data has not been written over since I did this yesterday and I haven't used up any space since then. The recovery program, which took forever, just spat out all the files in an unorganized mess. It would be quicker to re-download everything than to match all the albums up with the right artwork and make sure every song is in the right album

>but I deleted my whole itunes library folder by accident. I also emptied the trash on my computer too.
I don't think I've ever seen a fuckup like this.

good taste

I know it was pretty dumb. I don't think I deleted the itunes library, and I didn't pay close attention to the trash as it was emptying.

top kekkk
go to recycle bin bate

>I know it was pretty dumb.
No shit. How you managed to fuck up this bad is still baffling.

>iTunes
I could help you but I won't, because you're the type to use Apple products. You deserve this.

please help, I want my eurobeat back

Use Musicbee.

Also it's gone op.
Back up your shit.

how do you accidentally delete everything and then also accidentally empty your recycle bin? i don't believe this actually happened

VLC Media Player is gr8.

I must have either selected the itunes library folder to delete by accident or included it in the files I was deleting by accident. I meant to delete the trash but did not know the whole music library was in there. I wish I would have paid attention when it was deleting thousands of files

>collecting music

lol dude kys the year is 2017. misic is worth nothing

This is honestly the best way to get into new music. when you forget all the old shit you listened to.

Also pretty sure Itunes has backup shit as it's related a profile?

I like to listen to it, so it is worth something to me. And I spend a lot of time in places with no internet or phone signal so having it downloaded is important to me

I think itunes does but i never used it

>itunes
tipp topp kek
also
>not collecting CDs
let this be a lesson if you're going to buy music lol

I didn't buy any of the music, I'm too poor for that

>itunes

musicbee, or foobar2000 is you weigh 300 pounds and don't shave.

>not having at least ONE (1) backup
absolutely insane

>bootable Ubuntu USB
>sudo apt-get install testdisk

I don't have windows, i only own a macbook

why should I?

Get Spotify or something like that. The free desktop version isn't bad, and you won't run into problems like this

yur fucked

no