Bravo Nolan

Bravo Nolan

but seriously this is the best show since the x files

lol no its not

i would have enjoyed it more if i hadn't read discussions about it.

>age down Ford digitally
>hire two actors to play this guy
This inconsistency bothered me.

I want to fuck Jimmi Simpson.

>actually going into circlejerk generals

it's a twist, you dip

has zero replay value tho

They barely resembled each other. Anybody else bothered by this?

This.

People take this show too seriously. Spending way too much time trying to point out inconsistencies and "plot holes", as if it's not just a fun scifi show

This show was fucking terrible. Also, why did nobody notice that Bernard was a literal clone of one of the founders of the park?

>le twist.

but that's stupid and shows a great deal of inconsistency.

I was more bothered by Ed Harris's wooden acting with Dolores in Episode 10. totally phoned it in.

too bad it's not fun, and it suffers from lazy writing more than plot holes

like "why is this asian guy the dumbest character in TV history?" inb4 everyone is a robot so that explains everything stupid

first half was 9/10, second was 6.5

This so fucking much.

First half:
>What's Ed Harris looking for? What is this maze?
>Who's transmitting out of the park?
>What's Thandie going to do now that she can wake herself up at will?
>What's Anthony Hopkins building???

Second half:
>It's nothing, he's wasting his time, let's waste more of his time with Cyclops, too.
>Oh it's just QA Lady, Bernie doesn't give a fuck anyway and none of this matters.
>She's going to bully two stereotypes into making her a superwoman.
>Oh he's not really building anything new, just rebuilding an old set that's only necessary to fuck with the audience so those of you who didn't realize McPoyle == Ed Harris don't realize that Evan's character is flashing back all over the goddamn countryside.

It had a lot of good stuff in there, but so much of it was a letdown and there were a lot of sloppy narrative elements that made it only good but not great.

I still don't fully understand why so many people love this show as much as they do, but then I remember that half of Lost's viewers liked the ending, some people didn't mind the second half of Dexter's series, and there are actually people alive right now who like--LIKE--the prequels. So...different strokes.

Why the hell do people act like every single new HBO show is the best thing ever?

>As long as I say I hate stuff, I can't be criticized for my opinion and I'm safe. Therefore, I hate everything.

I just finished episode 9, what.

So Bernard is just a hostified version of Arnold?
The Man in Black seems to be William, and I'm guessing from the look of Dolores when that asswipe cut her open, William's story is in the past?

Did I get that right? Can I stop feeling like a retard now?

So the only option is to like everything?

Because it's not a mystery that younger ford is ford. They wanted to make the reveal a surprise, using the same actor would've ruined things. Also having someone's with CGI features onscreen for extended periods of time would be expensive and look terrible.

Try using your brain the next time your autistic ass tries to find arbitrary nitpicks.

Mr Robot and Breaking Bad were both better.

>has zero replay value tho
Except the finale imo

Or just go away from here?

I started watching this show when recommended by a friend. Absolutely loved it up till about episode 6/7. Then it just became "Oh nothing really mattered, we're just going to make this another robots in a simulated reality escape and you get to see how they try and take over" Been done plenty of times before and it's cliche as fuck/boring. Completely lost all interest in it (Yes I still watched the whole season)

>this is the best show in decades
>>no it isn't
>GO AWAY REEE

that's the thing, with mystery shows you don't know what's happening and it keeps you interested.

but when they reveal everything you're disappointed with the outcome.

this is why everyone loves the first halves of stranger things and lost.

Yep

For those who are excited about season 2, other than a handful of legit creative elements I'm sure they'll sprinkle in there, I don't see how the plot doesn't end up with at least 3 or 4 of these typical things:

>Tactical team sent in, they get fucked up
>Someone goes Colonel Kurtz on the human side (obv Ed Harris)
>Pull back the scope to include the greater world and how greater society sees this event
>Some robots join the humans and humans and robots learn to work together to fight the greater evil--violence/war
>Stupid plotline is given a large amount of screen time and generally wastes audience's time but some people will absolutely love it (Thandie searching for her "child")
>Characters you thought had died are still alive (Thor's brother, IT chick)
>Characters you thought had died are brought back as robots (Hopkins)
>Robots assimilate into the real world and/or control the park and participate in its goings on voluntarily having found their place in society
>Evil Corp's plans for the AI are revealed and DUN DUN DUN are nefarious as fuck

Insert the usual plot holes, unnecessary narrative shorthand, obviously-forecasted twists, new flashbacks, and bigger action scenes.

Everyone who hasn't spent 30 years watching movies and TV shows whose brains are subconsciously functioning narrative search algorithms will eat it up, cue season 3.

That's true, but there are ways to wrap up the plot without disappointing half your viewers. It's like they saved half the good ideas for future seasons and instead of blowing their load on S1 instead drew everything out so much more than was necessary.

It's not really the plot points that disappointed me as much as the narrative decisions. For instance, McPoyle turning into Major Badass played out like this:

>Everything's okay between him and bro in law
>AUDIENCE-PANDERING TWIST: he killed everyone at camp, what a psycho!
>McPoyle engages in adventures that mean nothing and that aren't interesting.
>Adventures continue with the mundane, robotic tone of a Fallout end scene.
>McPoyle is transformed now into a badass now, cue sending his bro in law riding nude into No Man's Land whcih probably breaks park rules but fuck it he owns it now we don't have to deal with consequences.
>Oh and one scene showing Evan doesn't remember him which crushes him but he's over it almost instantly.

The transformation is in theory a perfectly workable outcome to his backstory, it's just that the execution left a lot to be desired. With a lot of mystery shows, the answers are what suck, but here it's how those answers play out.

it has clever moments that are worth watching the show but those moments are too spread out.

half the show was pointless
i literally could not be bothered to give a fuck about any of the characters at all whatsoever. This show had so little character development it was actually shocking

other than that I really liked it though. It was very interesting, it is a fascinating idea and I am very interested to see where they go. The final episode was very well done, I feel like it tied up a lot of loose ends that were left around during the course of the previous 9 episodes. But I still stand by my criticisms of the show.

>why is this asian guy the dumbest character in TV history?

Well, if you listen to the way Sylvester (his partner) insults him, you get the sense that he's some kind of otaku sperg.

>Evil Corp's plans for the AI are revealed and DUN DUN DUN are nefarious as fuck

My theory is they plan on selling hosts for use as slave labor to replace human laborers. Just imagine, a reintroduction of the slave trade.

yep

Not the mil applications of AI?

Too cliche imo. I'd really like to see the artificial human slave labor angle used, the only kino I've seen touch that subject was Cloud Atlas.

>why did nobody notice that Bernard was a literal clone of one of the founders of the park?

that was my first thought during his twist reveal and I still haven't found a satisfactory answer. How did seemingly nobody even know who Arnold was?

>Also, why did nobody notice that Bernard was a literal clone of one of the founders of the park?
He'd been dead for decades and his history at the park erased, anyone would may have recognized him was gone.

I honestly think Westworld is incredibly boring. Too many boring talking scenes which made me zone out and lose track of what was even going on...