Is it autistic to tell a band you like them?

Is it autistic to tell a band you like them?
like a small unknown band, if I really like them should I tell them or is it weird?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GKFKl22j1RY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course, you should tell them. Any recognition will definitely encourage them to make more music since they are unknown.

Gotta give them their flowers while theyre still living

This is so fucking stupid. I'm in a band that gets varying amounts of reaction and let me tell you that anything beats passivity. When I go to a concert even if the band is shitty I'll clap and hoot and holler cause it makes everyone happy and helps the band play better. I took the bait.

yes

not bait
I listen to a lot of unknown bandcamp bands that I really enjoy
but I think it's kinda weird to randomly tell them that they're good
it's different than at a concert

Compliments are always appreciated. Maybe expand upon what you think is 'good' about the artist's music in your compliment.

Gotcha. Well like user above said, perhaps tell them what you like about it too. I know an artist maybe shouldn't have their audience in mind while making their music, but it can be good to know your strengths and weaknesses.

How the fuck is that autistic?

You should definitely tell them.
Bands love fan feedback. It helps them improve.

If you like a band, and you support them, let them know.

However I take offense at somebody just throwing around the term "Autistic".

Why would telling a band you like them be considered "Autistic"? Do you even know what autism is? I wish people would stop carelessly using that term, and find out what autism really is.

So tell the band you like them, and don't be such an ignorant jerk in the future.

I do things like that it shows even if it's the opening band or the headlining one. I've been ripped on for it also of course it was by those people who go to shows and just stand there with their arms crossed and look pissed off I don't get that

>I'll clap and hoot and holler

fyi everyone hates you

i used it because i have ADHD and people have told me
not to randomly approach people at concerts because it's autistic

>Why would telling a band you like them be considered "Autistic"?

youtube.com/watch?v=GKFKl22j1RY

So no one should have fun and enjoy them selves

He's enthusiastic about a musician.

that nigga is on the spectrum

No one has told you that. Socializing is Actually the least "autistic" thing you can do.

So am I. It doesn't make life difficult. We just like having fun and we obsess over certain things that click with us.

Actually, your view of autism is skewed. A very common trait of autism is being overly-social with people you don't know at all, and telling them overly personal information for someone who doesn't know you, like which video games you like.

>go to show
>see band play
>tell them you enjoyed the show

Lots of people stop them to ask for a picture, but never to tell them they enjoyed the show.
I remember seeing Touche Amore. Maybe 10 people stopped the singer after the show and asked him for a picture.
The dude looked depressed, would put on an obviously fake smile for the picture, then went right back to looking dead inside.

I stopped him and told him that I enjoyed the show. His face immediately lit up. It felt good.

THIS.

There are so many shut-ins that post here now, you almost feel bad for them. But you kind of want them to still wallow in their pathetic self-pity because they don't bother to listen/better themselves.

Are you serious?

I did that but in retrospect it seemed pretty sycophantic.

aww nice story.
Anyone else have stories like this?

Autism... Do I really have to explain like it's posted on Tumblr/Reddit?

Autism is not always severe. It doesn't always affect intellect. It doesn't always affect social skills. It doesn't always affect a *certain part* of development. IT *IS* a developmental disorder, THEREFORE, everyone's development is DIFFERENT.

NOT EVEN TWINS WITH AUTISM DEVELOP THE SAME. Why? Because no one grows up the same way. Genetics may be the same, but no one's standards of living are.

And yeah, I just posted one.

And believe it or not, Kurt Cobain was on the spectrum.

I mean, there was this little band that the Youtube channel jimmy uploaded, with no physical release and he put me in touch with the dude and I was able to email him and all and he took the time to email be back. Sent them five bucks in the mail, just cause I liked 'em.

It's just slang, dawg. Not that hard to understand. Are you autistic or something?

i do this. it’s “weird” sure but it’s not bad, the only people that will know are them, and it’ll probably make them happy

i like it when people do that as long as it’s appropriately timed

yes. musicians are very busy people and just because you like them doesn't mean they'll like you. considering the social behaviour and appearance of the average 4channer, they'll probably even make fun of you behind there backs later "remember that ugly faggot that said he liked us? yeah what a weirdo. if we have to deal with these kinds of people maybe we should just quit music." and the it'd be all your fault you fucking faggot

Stop acting so fucking autistic.

unironicaly this