What's your internet speed, int?

What's your internet speed, int?

Shit

50-55mbps

8% people of my cunt are faster than me

this
Fuggen hkers. How much do you pay for it?

man I just got my own connection after years of being stuck on 5 mbits. And now I thought I was blessed with the amount of speed I am getting, until I saw this. I can't even begin to imagine how fast that can be.

jesus christ dude where do you live?
I had those speeds back in early 2000s

Tennessee

ass

what's your global percentile

Hello niggers

fine

Swerve peasants. I pay 10 euros per month for this.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did it again because I fucked up the screenshot.

Why do you guys have such fast internet? Explain it to me. Nobody ever clearly does. All I ever hear is "Romania is a small country and doesn't need to serve much customers, so everyone gets fast internet, lol". I beg to differ

i pay 55 euros more. fuck the eu i want low prices too REEEEEEEEEEEE

A couple of reasons. We invested in fiber as soon as we could. A lot of cables are on the outside and not buried underground so we can change and upgrade faster. After the revolution, a lot of private, small ''neighborhood'' companies started popping up offering better internet that big companies. Big companies upped their game and bought and merged them together. Romanians love computers, you pay next to no taxes if you work in IT.

Ah, that explains it.
I'd say I'm jealous of you, but I'm so happy I finally got out of near dial-up tier internet that I don't care anymore.

It's a blessing and a curse. When I went to China I almost gave up on computers and internet stuff in general because I almost couldn't connect to any webpage or I'd grow old before it loaded up a couple of pictures. Even if the website wasn't blocked by the government.

Kansas City?

True, in a way, it's better to be used to shit connection

Nashville, actually. Google Fiber came to town, and ATT/Comcast were like "fucc," so they started fiber too. My complex doesn't get Google, so I went with ATT, because iirc Comcast has a data cap? Besides, I hate ATT, but LOATHE Comcast.

Go to Sup Forums

dam son

I pay twice as much as Romania for this

>Nashville
What the fuck? I'm and I live in Johnson City. What the fuck is wrong with my internet?

what's the download speed with this connection senpai?
I'd like to know. I can download just about anything at 5 mb/s now, but after getting used to 600 kb/s, I think it's a blessing, but still nothing compared to this

I wonder what the highest download/upload speed there is atm.

We are already capable of Terabytes per second.

Now I'm triggered

Apparently, 42 Tbps

There are still other limitations. Won't make a shit website run faster, won't magically make low seed torrents work. Youtube, for example, may still buffer.

Steam downloads are fast though, and if anything, I love the upload most. I do audio stuff, and uploading projects to dropbox or whatever is way faster.

how fast we talking? I was also thinking of Steam downloading.

I guarantee my internet is slower than yours, speedtests tend to fail completely due to the way our ISP handles internet traffic.

Dial-up seemed faster than our current connection, and we're restricted to a 10 GB monthly data limit.

The worst part?
We pay $70 a month for this shit, because satellite internet companies usually have a monopoly.

Where do you live?

Haven't downloaded a super big AAA game in a while, so I don't have a good guess in that regard. But, anything a few gigs or less takes anywhere from seconds to a couple minutes. Indie games are near-instant. I've seen it peak at about 250 to 300 mbps, which would be 25-30% my max possible speed (listed as 1000mbsp).

You live in the US and there is no competition between internet providers in your region? How the fuck did this happen?

Are you a polar bear?

Not him but that can happen. That's why DIRECTV is so shitty where I live and won't give me unlimited data even if we're supposed to get it for free.

I second this statement

feels bad man

wtf

Could get 300 easily, but it's a bit too expensive for me at the moment.

Upstate New York

copper cables my dude

Really this is 10-20 times lower than this. Probably, operator lies.
paying 20$

nigga what the fuck

60.97/5.85
ping 19
but i pay about 5$ or some

>be italian
>accidently open image
>copper cable explode

What is the distance to the server though?
In regular use, your data is travelling massive distances since your country is fucking huge

literal 5 seconds to load your image

doesn't seem much since his ping is only 3 ms

do you live in scampia or something? goddamn

$10 for this.

finally go results, slightly cloudy outside right now.

I don't believe you

what is wrong with your speed? rural region?

shieet
isnt cable a better option then satellite?
direct tv is satellite right?

rural and mountainous.

how do you cope in this day and age?

I use the internet at college alot, but I'm home for the semester.

Plenty of fun trying to watch yt in HD.

>991 ms PING

you should switch to pigeon carrier

Pic related is 4G speed. Fiber speed at home is 40/40.

>Slower than mine
Jesus what the fuck, that's Africa-tier.

Stop using Russian sites or you will get a virus.

4 u www.speedtest.net

because only the elites have access to it
most rromani-ans dont even have indoor toilets

Like what? Mess up his elections?

What are you talking about Ivan? Only time I have gotten a virus that infected my computer was from a Russian site.

I tried to make a joke about Russia controlling Batka and Trump. If you visit mail order bride websites shit can happen.

Only the Illuminati control America, idiot.

I know.

Everyone knows city internet > countryside internet. Wherever you are, whichever country you live in.

Most big cities have the same fiber technology. But the companies in each country might propose either both ADSL or SDSL, which makes a big difference in upload, or just ADSL.

Japan is the country that has the most of its territory covered with fiber connection though. This fact has to be mentioned.

LIterally 3rd world

Download: 40.10
Upload:10.24
Ping:16

Desu~

It used to drop every time a train ran through the local line, which is every 15 minutes.

>live in rural mountainous town
>no data caps
>20 USD a month
How can Americans compete?

25€ per month