Warcraft: The Beginning

So it's agreed that the movie might have been okay if they had only one protagonist, right?

Will there be sequels? It made a lot of money over seas.

Why couldn't Duncan Jones just right a good script? He's written good stuff before.

Why didn't they just pick from the multitude of stories from the lore that were actually okay, and build on that?

The director has agreed to make more but only if they significantly decrease the budgets.

So I'm not sure if I even want more with that clause.

>It made a lot of money over seas.
It bearly make money and it was because of china.

>Why couldn't Duncan Jones just right a good script? He's written good stuff before.
Because he probably doesn't know about the lore (saying "IM A HUGE FAN OF THE GAME" is not proper knowledge of the game).

The best thing about this movie was the fan response to critical reviews.

The movie might have been okay if they didn't try to only appeal to people who played the game. They tried packing years of a story into 2 hours.

If it wasn't for China, this movie would've been a horrific flop and the studio would've lost their ass on this movie. I waited for this movie since it was announced in 2006. After I saw it, I was disappointed. It's not that bad but it's not worth a 10 year wait.

>Let's make a movie
>And base it on the least known part of our series
>And not have it feature any of the characters or settings things that made the series popular
>And retcon a lot of stuff

What were they thinking?

I loved it...

I liked it, everyone i know in real life who actually saw it liked it.

The only real issue I found was the disparity between the orcs physique and the humans. I think they should have CGI'd the humans armour to make it more bulky, and make the fight scenes more realistic.

Also a couple of casting decisions were a bit off, namely Khadgar and Vikings son.

This was a pretty fun movie, but I wish they had gotten better actors. Which is ridiculous; a lot of celebrities play WoW and would've been willing to work for scale.

Hopefully they skip WC2 and jump straight into WC3

checked.

Warcraft was fantastically enjoyable, masterfully executed (at the very least in terms of world-building and fantastical characters and story), and all of it’s features are elevated for the fans of the games.
I played Warcraft 3, and World of Warcraft for about a year, during which I had a great amount of fun playing with friends, and learning about the world of Azeroth: This makes me biased, of course, but nonetheless. Warcraft first amazes the viewer by showing them beautiful shots and animation in the form of the Orcs on their home world of Draenor. I have to say, the moment I saw them I didn’t stop smiling until I left the theatre. They looked amazing! The characters of Durotan, Gul’Dan, and even Orgrim Doomhammer had depth to their personalities, facial expressions, and movements. Duncan Jones did us right on that front.
When it comes to gripes that people have, it often comes down to Garona and Anduin Lothar. While yes, I do think it was an odd choice to have Garona look the way she did, she fits just fine into the world. Yes, I do think the romance may have been a bit rushed, but in reality the movie spans the course of at least months (packed into 2 hours, and keeps up a fast, engaging pace the whole time!), and come on, you can see Lothar’s attraction right off the bat.
The film was by no means perfect, but it was fun the entire time. I couldn’t stop smiling when I saw the orcs, and my smile widened farther when I got to see magic on screen like never before. It was fantasy taken to the fantastical, and if you ever expected anything less going into a movie about another world where humans are fighting orcs after going through a portal powered by dark magic, then you need to rethink a whole lot of things.

the only one i heard in real life to not like this movie is a diehard fan that has his life litterally orbiting warcraft and i'm sure he hated it because it made more mainstream something not that mainstream to the non-gamer comumity like the lore behind warcraft.

everyone else i knew that played WoW or other games like a normal person liked it and those that never even played one session of frozen throne liked and understood it perfectly (one friend needed to get explained the difference between draenor and azeroth tho)

the only two things i did not liked was a part of the cast (specially travis fimmel) and there were moments where the cgi was so good that the orcs felt reals and other moments where i feel i'm playing WoW in my pentium 2 again

problem was he tried to appeal to people who played the RTS since those games is where the story he used took place. Problem is WoW is so noob-friendly most of it's players have no idea about the lore pre-WoW or care about it all. If it had focused on events that happened in WoW, way more people would have been interested and gone to see it, especially if Illidan or Arthas had been involved since they are the biggest "names" in the Warcraft universe

Garona is best girl of 2016

That being said this movie was In my top 10 of the year despite me never having played the games, known the lore, and even thinking it looked like shit BEFORE i saw it.

yeah I know a few WoW diehards who got super pissed about it cause they wanted a 1-1 remake of the games and any change to "the Lore" is worse than skinning babies alive to them

My most hated movie of 2016 along with Suicide Squad. Just a terrible fucking movie. Every actor looks like they couldn't give less of a shit being on set. Lots of autistic lore and "world building" except they forgot to give the audience any reason to care. The ridiculous aesthetic doesn't translate to live action at all. I still want my money back.

Some shit was retarded, like flying Dalaran.

It was 5/10.

>They tried packing years of a story into 2 hours.
actually they didn't? you don't know what you're talking about
the story of the game could easily have been made into a movie
they just failed in every front, especially the visuals
not saying that warcraft has any cinematic value but it could have been a lot better

>garona is half human.
>somehow exists before the portal opens.

apparently the implication was that medivh is her father?
cause he says he travelled far and met someone and lost her and there was a huge difference and some shit like that
medivh likes green animal pussy in the film canon

I really don't know who this movie was for. Warcraft fans? Maybe, considering a series of details taken from the games, but they butchered lore so heavily, every single event that happens in the movie either didn't happen in WoW story or happened in entirely different circumstances, place, and time. People unfamiliar with Warcraft? For them it's just a clusterfuck with no proper explanation of half of things that just keeps raising question who everyone is and what they jobs are.

Too much happened and yet the world want established properly. Where the fuck were all the things happening? No idea and I've played alot of wow. How doez the average audience keep up?

Even as a Warcraft fan I kept asking questions, particularly about whole Dalaran part. Why do they keep bringing up Alodi when he barely has anything to do with things, at least if they don't bring up burning legion at all in the story? Is the chick in the cube supposed to be Aegwynn? Do they have demons at all or is fel magic just some corruption force that turns everyone evil?
It's like they couldn't decide out of dozen possible stories between Last guardian, WC1, and Thrall's backstory, so they just mixed it together and then cut down on any supporting information that didn't have direct influence on the events.

No, the chick in the cube was Alodi. They made Alodi a chick, and they needed to bring Alodi up because he's important in the mage storyline in Legion.

>For them it's just a clusterfuck with no proper explanation
srly, what the fuck is wrong with these people? i watched it alongside people that never played any of the games ever and they understood most if not every thing right. what is not explained or unclear in the movie (of course there are things left unexplained as a cliffhanger for future installments but except these). I'm sure you are the kind of people that has zero memory for anything and need to be reminded who rhaegar targaryen is every season premiere

I'm not going to lie, I tried thinking of how to make this a competent movie, from making Khadgar the central protagonist that is more like his in-game counterpart, to generally sticking to the source material slightly closer. I can't think of it. This movie shouldn't have been made. A mini-series? Could see it. Netflix series? Could work.
2 hour movie? Nope. Can't work.

Awful writing and I couldn't stand the pudgy looking apprentice mage.

Wasted potential because everything else was pretty cool.

they should have cast the lady orc as Gamora.

fuck you, Khadgar was cute.

>Gul'dan Doomhammer unpopular

you wot mate?

Also Durotan, Garona, and Khadgar are at least well known by the fans.

Human actors were all terrible, the orcs were awesome, the son's death scene was retarded, the generic golem at the end was fucking stupid, random changes to setting and story were fucking unnecessary

no fuck you faggot, there was nothing "mage" about him and kys fucking homo

Really should have just adapted The Last Guardian. But they needed to have their split perspective on the invasion and clutter half the movie up with honorable orc shit.

Fuck you. Khadgar was CUTE

>There was nothing mage about him
To be fair, Khadgar is a terrible wizard in the game.

Garona is actually half Draenei

She was originally half human, then they retconned that when it made absolutely no sense, and they made her half draenei.
In the cinematic world they've restored her half human status 'cause Medivh's her dad. 'cause he chilled on Draenor a bunch of years ago and fucked a green bitch.

I fucking hate those chink elves.

t. chink

>no fuck you faggot, there was nothing "mage" about him

Actually mages should be out of shape, they spend their time reading spellbooks instead of fighting shit