Why didn't the cameraman save any of the people...

Why didn't the cameraman save any of the people? Did he tell all the people he interviewed that he could have saved them?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0799954/faq?ref_=tt_faq_1#.2.1.1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine having that job and just filming a bridge every day for a year watching people commit suicide

Will a bridge really kill you that easily? Will I die instantly? I don't want to live and end up drowning, drowning sucks shit and I could do that at home without travelling

Is it a good method? How tall does the bridge need to be from the water?

200+ feet

Didn't he say he would leave the camera recording the bridge, then go do other things and wouldn't actually be near the camera?

>heighest bridge near me is 95 feet

god fucking damnit

How do you die from jumping in water? Its not hard like concrete or something. Also why don't people die when they do high diving at the olympics it's exactly the same thing.

he left the camera filming for a year straight and would come back periodically to collect the footage. And his vantage point was so far away that the few suicides he actually was there for, he was much too far away to do anything about it

pls b jokin

>What is surface tension?

*mind blown*

*puts down spork to eat spaghetti with my hands*

holy fucking shit...

do a nosedive onto your floor

if someone wants to die society should let them

FIRE UP THOSE >>You

you can survive if you jump a certain way

I'd say that too if I was in fear a lawsuit and jail time.

Ya, sadly enough, people mostly don't know what the fuck they want. They may regret it or not, so if you really feel so secure about such an important decision, you wouldn't overthink it after a few days.

So ya, nothing wrong with trying to make them stop or so. Mostly.

yeah that one guy was saved by a seal, but he broke his back or some shit.

Can't regret it if you're dead.

But I think it's to cover moral tension and ease those who would then lose a person.

They stopped multiple people from jumping, they just didn't include that footage in the documentary because people not dying is boring.

pretty cool suicide though t b h

that guy seemed like an edgelord.

>killed himself because the day he was offered a management position at Gamestop
Fucking kek

I broke my leg jumping off a 80 foot cliff because I failed to properly angle my feet as I entered the water. Felt like I landed on concrete.

Double that height and I assure you you will not survive the landing.

THERE GOES MY HERO

>Also why don't people die when they do high diving at the olympics it's exactly the same thing.
No, it isn't

>that one qt that was going to kill herself that got pulled back up
>you will never be the one that saved her
>she will never fall in love with you and want to live again
jdimsa

Depends what height but yes if you get enough speed going and you avoid going feet first the surface tension makes it basically no different from hitting actual concrete from the top of a building

golden gate is about 250ft from the water, so somewhere in that ballpark

Mate, try ligature strangulation.
It cuts off blood flow to the brain via compression of the cartoid artery if done right and you pass out within 20 seconds.

34 people have survived the jump
A couple were teen boys who swam ashore, 1 drove to the hospital, another was arrested, that 1 a 17 year old did it for fun, to impress a girl he was with during a school field trip
Youngest to jump was in 1947, she was 5, her father told her to, do she did, he jumped after her
One woman jumped, survived, then came back and finished the job, only person to have jumped twice
245 to the water, takes 4 seconds, you hit at 75mph, those that survived hit feet first, legs together, slightly leaned back, with their chin on their chest
Most popular is the city side, mid span, more toward the SF side than the Marin side
Knew a guy who jumped when I was a kid, he broke his back so bad he walked doubled over, looked like a turtle, he was an account, my Dad worked with him, jumped because he found his wife in bed with 2 men, she told him "meet the father's of your kids"
I got stopped trying to jump, parents found out I was gay, my Dad piled my stuff on the lawn, told me if I ever came back he would kill me, took a bus to the bridge, took off my cost, had a note pinned to it, climbed over the guard rail, stood there a minute, it was really quiet, looked down, took a deep breath and got grabbed by a CHiP officer, just as I leaned forward and let go, got sent to a hospital, stayed there 2 years, until I was 18

Today I am an emergency room nurse, biggest mistake I ever made, I should have jumped as soon as I cleared the rail, should have never stopped to take my coat off

>One woman jumped, survived, then came back and finished the job, only person to have jumped twice

Could you imagine the expletives shooting through her head?

To be in a mental state you genuinely do commit suicide, and aren't just crying for attention, to be one of the minutely few to SURVIVE jumping off the thing.

I bet she did it again just to spite the fucking bridge.

>tie a metalrope around your neck
>glue your hands to your head
>jump from a tower
>metal rope slices your neck
>people find your corpse that looks like you ripped your own head off

Now thats a way to go

Wow, you tricked me into reading about your suicide story.

>EVRYWUN BETRAY ME

sounds comfy

I never really get people who jump into the water from a bridge. it's not like they hit concrete or anything

one of my favorite memes

t. I'm sixteen but even tho i'm young i'm mature for my age and kind of a badass

>glue your hands to your head
I think they might notice when your head remains attached to your hands.

they interviewed a man who jumped off it and survived

use second glue then

At first glance it will look like you ripped your head and give ppl the spooks

and if you do it wrong you'll just be retarded

American education at work

>mfw I have no words

>jumped because he found his wife in bed with 2 men, she told him "meet the father's of your kids"

>not killing all 3 then boarding a flight to a third world country

what a faggot

The best part of Half-Life.

Did they not have Battletoads?

The bridge is still there user, it's never too late. :3

The idea of standing over the bridge and staring hundreds of feet down towards death seems eerilly peaceful to me.

I know i'm factoring out the high-speed winds on a tall bridge, and factoring in a nice atmosphere of seagulls and naval noises that you probably wouldn't hear over the traffic, but in my head it all seems so peaceful. it's strange, because i'm not suicidal though i've long since rationalized suicide and I have a horrible fear of heights, but it almost does seem relaxing. Perhaps just because it's a pretty area.

I get the sort of feeling you get when you're on the top of a small hill, just about to arrive home when tired. You've still got some walking to do, and that's got to be overcome, but it's relatively easy compared to what you've already done. You're right on the cusp of arriving.

>I stood there until someone saved me because I am an attention whore
>N-No I swear I was about to jump the second he grabbed me!

>tfw have a pilots license and can legally rent aircraft.

who needs a bridge when you can crash a plane with no survivors.

Not that I would ever want to. Its more fun to keep them in the air.

ohhhhh nooooo you got trolled so hard and used it as a "me so good me strong yuropoor" post

ohhhhhhh fuckin criiiiinnngggggeeeee

this tbqh

Nearly fucking killed me. I started visualizing this entire situation with a mouth full of food and had to balance the food in my mouth while laughing.

How? Assuming you manage to get into a position where it would hold you for at least 20 minutes, you should be dead.
Every time I read this and how I can fuck things up even more it makes the situation more desperate.

Why do people post this and try to pass it off as their own idea? It's one of the oldest "jokes" on here or the internet. Do you really think no one is going to notice your shitty, repeated "joke" and call you out for it? How do you feel no shame for having to pass other people's "content" as yours?

I'm not sure what the joke is. The suicide suggestion? The reply insinuating it was funny? Top Cat?

>jumped because he found his wife in bed with 2 men, she told him "meet the father's of your kids"

He should have just murdered her.

NEXT ONE TO TALK GETS TO STAY ON MY BRIDGE

Blast Pit is the best part of Half-Life.

>One woman jumped, survived, then came back and finished the job, only person to have jumped twice
holy shit the balls on that chick

LIKE A BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER

no, it's Forget About Freeman
>that fucking feel

I barely remember what happened in FoF. For me it's Blast Pit because the setpiece with tentacle monster is genius and Lambda Core, because it's about science and blasting a bunch of high tier aliens in cool environments.

Unforseen Consequences is pretty cool too.

Man. The thought of patrolling the bridge pulling kids off the ledge sounds kind of appealing to me.
It can be like a game of tower defense, and I like helping people but also don't really care about them so when a few do slip through the net I won't feel bad either.

"Why do they die, it's jur water?"
It's a very legit question to have.

I know about surface tension but I also hate science fags who take away the mystery of life and explain everything.

*Just

You die because you think you're gonna die.
If you just believe you won't then you won't. But for most people it's hard to overcome their perceived reality and in the last second you're going so fast and approach a surface so rapidly that they instinctively think "I'm gonna die" and so they do. They can't help it.

If you truly break the matrix you can survive it.

2bh I would have thought parents in SF would be more likely to disown you if you weren't gay.

>They did try to intervene, sometimes successfully. Whenever they saw someone on the bridge whose behavior was clearly suspicious, they immediately contacted the Bridge Patrol by phone. The film's director believes they prevented six suicides in this way.

>The DVD has more information about this in its "making of" segment.

imdb.com/title/tt0799954/faq?ref_=tt_faq_1#.2.1.1

Glad you didn't die.
That was a pretty funny post.

More like Residual Processing. Comfiest area of the game.I don't know why, but this picture is so cozy to me

You're all wrong. Xen was the true kino part of Half-Life. Comfiest, strangest, most visually interesting, most aesthetically pleasing.