youtube.com/watch?v=rHDr8Eq4m9Q
letterboxd.com/mingliang/
letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/
letterboxd.com/Synt/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

toss up between green room and arrival desu fampai

First for the awesome film, Anne of green gables

i enjoyed Dr Strange a lot

I feel wrong saying anything other than Elle, but I probably enjoyed La La Land more.

13 Hours or Knight of Cups

Mine would be Knight of Cups but I consider that 2015 so I'll go with The Wailing

The Witch

nothing wrong with that

youtube.com/watch?v=rHDr8Eq4m9Q

Kino.

Shin Godzilla was the only fully good movie I saw from this year. The Nice Guys was good too but it had a lot of flaws. Green Room is overrated as fuck and would have been good if it had actually embraced a punk ethos. VVitch was alright. Neon Demon was just so shallow and misguided. 10 Cloverfield Lane was great until the third act (not just the ending either, but the whole serial killer thing too). Deadpool sucked obviously. Hush was lame. The Revenant was dumb but looked good and would've been better if it either totally embraced the revenge plot or was closer to the real story. Hateful 8 was alright, QT's best movie since Jackie Brown but still shitty in some ways and too self indulgent. This Jap movie called I Am A Hero was alright too. That's all I saw this year.

Definitely Shin Godzilla for me, closest thing to a masterpiece for sure.

Did you have a mental breakdown or did you just succeed at not showing everyone that you're a mouthbreather?

letterboxd.com/mingliang/

sup
Elle was hilarious. I really hope Huppert finally gets some well-deserved recognition from Hollywood
it's probably not gonna happen though

what a filthy casual

I don't think I was that casual even as a kid

autism

What should I watch next?

a good movie

fAgGoT

I hate all of you people.

It is decided. I'm watching after hours

I hate all of you people more than the other guy

I love all of you people.

>I ascribe arbitrary ratings to the subjective, personal experiences I get from works of art

>First and foremost-this bullshit called "religion" and consequently "heaven" is limited only to the species who invented it, so please don't force it upon the beautiful organisms created by Nature

What happened to these threads?

letterboxd.com/Lozjudai/

whats some comfy horror guys?

What do you mean?

Manchester by the Sea was, I suppose, the most objectively well crafted and executed film I saw this year but hacksaw Ridge still takes it for me.

>art is subjective

postmodernist scum

Idiocracy

La La Land

sucks

sucks

sucks

sucks

sucks

sucks

sucks

>le discord
>le irc

One of three (ha!) 2016 releases I've watched.

Trash

i would be shocked if Certain Women got a nod

it's not the type of movie the Academy likes

much too low-key

i feel like this should be obvious

Kill yourself, steakbro

usually it's "steakembryoshit", what changed?

Cemetery of Splendor or Love & Friendship. I haven't seen many 2016 releases

I'm feeling nicer about the world today. Also, gotta rotate in name of diversity even if only a lil bit

okay dude

you should try being nice all the time

it feels pretty good

Why are you SO overrating/loving Certain Women? Unremarkable depressive stuff, Reichardt feels a smaller name after it

Too expensive

steakbro is an enemy of art

it's hard for me to imagine someone having that opinion if they've seen her filmography. she has an incredibly cohesive body of work, and Certain Women feels like a logical continuation of her experimentation with narrative structure, particularly with the increasing emphasis on visual storytelling throughout the film. if you're asking me specifically what i liked about it so much, that's the core of my answer: Reichardt took three very simple stories, and used them to craft the strongest argument in favor of purely visual storytelling imaginable. the third act could be played entirely without audio and be just as engrossing, just as moving. it's the genius of the final scene of Night Moves stretched across an entire film.

I only haven't seen River Of Grass. I felt her peaking obviously with W&L and Meek, then Night Moves was just correct and Certain Women a disappointment. I suppose that I should watch it again, which could make the segments integration feel more rich( or not). But it might be a chore, the colors were so dead and cold in this one...

>tuff, Reichardt feels a smaller name after it
hahah fpft whathte fuk rofl

>pudgens in fourth place
t. low T """male"""

What did he meant by this post?

I'm sorry my PATRICIAN TASTE offends your love of dog-faced fatty spics

thoughts on Hell and High Water?
I was pretty underwhelmed by it

Very good, but it was the right thing I didn't enter the hype train before watching or I probably would end up as you were. The claims of it as the best western since NCFOL are exaggerated.

Reminds me I should get to Trash Humpers sometime

I know the bluray is a fuckup job but should I still choose it or would the dvd be a better option?

DUDE, ITS JUST A SOCIAL EXPERIMENT LMAO

>art is subjective
it is. your taste is as good as anyone else's
grow up

does art take talent to make or is it just the physical manifestation of a person's understanding of abstract objects?

by talent you mean skill?
also isn't an understanding of abstract objects a skill?

can someone be more talented than another person?
can increased knowledge and empathy better your understanding of abstract objects and concepts?

postmodernist scum

Kill yourself tb.h

>can someone be more talented than another person?
again, what do you mean by talent? skill or inate aptitude? and yes, I think some people have better skills/more aptitude than others, however greater skill isn't always conductive to better Art

>can increased knowledge and empathy better your understanding of abstract objects and concepts?
please clarify what you mean by abstract objects and concepts. you mean analytical skills? IQ?

not an argument

It's not an argument, it's medical advice

>please clarify what you mean by abstract objects and concepts. you mean analytical skills? IQ?
yes

"Oh my poor suffering damsel, don't worry, here I'm protecting you from these mongrels that charge at your honour and disturb your angelic peace"
Go fuck yourself, you white-knight fucking faggot. And don't talk to me through your greasy fat fingers, you piece of gay shit, go lick the ugly bitch in hell

Someone that likes to eat human shit taste's is as good as someone that likes to eat gourmet food, I get now.

okay

I don't think IQ is affected by neither empathy or knowledge

who are you quoting?

do you even understand what is a value judgement? while the work on the right is clearly a better display of skill, one might prefer the drawing on the left.

prove gourmet food tastes objectively better than shit

taste is subjective
art is not

Filipe Furtadois an embryo fraud

wew lad

taste is the only means we have to judge the personal experience of art. we might judge a work regarding it's influence or novelty or skill, which is something else altogether and still not truly objective. it's all an aggregate of personal opinions and normativity and institutions (people) forming opinions

more like vulgartard.

literally better than anyone that ever posted in this general

>taste is the only means we have to judge the personal experience of art

HAHAHAHAHHAHAAH

On average people rejects shit taste because the body is telling you that you can get sick if you eat a turd, on the other hand gourmet food is conceived to maximize the pleasure sentations of your taste buds

That doesn't make him not an embryo fraud

>/lbg/ got BTFO by a relativist
what went wrong?

>make laughable claim
>get upset when people just laugh

"taste" and "judgement" and "personal experience of art" are the same thing.

Your delusion

post profile

relativist are in the same category as cultural marxists, both deserve to get shot.

Everything is relative tho

Even that sentence? You are presenting it as an absolute. So not everything is relative.

letterboxd.com/Synt/

Didn't actually watch Jack Reacher the other day, just wrote a quick note on it.

Zachariah meanwhile is a great trip of a movie - maybe I was a little generous with 5 stars though. But very cool and weird nonetheless.

MoTY is still Lowlife Love for now.

So I finally got around to watching BvS. You know what would have made that movie better? If Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill took their shirts off and just made out for the last 45 minutes.

I really need to watch some of To's work

By saying that sentence, which is just a sentence, isn't relative you're making it by practical example, relative. Cute try

No, you just got the gayz

I wish you'd make love to a lowlife like me.

Nah bro, wanting to watch two beefcakes spit swap for almost an hour is just about the straightest thing I can think of.

Another absolute statement!

Is Synt the Ron Howard of /lbg/?

maybe someday

So he's someone with no artistic voice whatsoever? What are you saying, user?

Aw, he's still trying