So King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard actually managed to release five studio albums this year like they promised

So King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard actually managed to release five studio albums this year like they promised

Why would they decide to release five mediocre albums instead of a couple polished ones?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PLdI44R0RQA
youtube.com/watch?v=NXe4rkaqKWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

good question, and its one i've been asking for the last like 2 months
>but they're all totally different
they aren't they're all just the same boring kraut-influenced heavy psych jamming that gets more and more tedious to listen to with each record. they have some good ideas occasionally but i still have no idea why anyone is praising them for rushing five totally sloppy records in one fucking year

They really need to do something less procedurally created, usually that kind of approach is sketching that could have merit for a lot of artists but with them at this point it’s become more trite. Only listened to the banana album and Polygonawhatever and Poly.... was actually shockingly awesome for me, but I’m still left wanting more.

>they're all just the same boring kraut-influenced heavy psych jamming

how musically illiterate do you have to be to think this, jesus christ

I actually loved every single album they put out this year. Banana and Polygondwanaland were the best

>how musically illiterate do you have to be to think this, jesus christ
go on, you fucking musical genius. tell me all about how they're SO different. they're all repetitive, boring shite that with each record become more and more blatantly trite and uninteresting.

Actually I think you should come up with a better argument than repetitive.

Yes it's all psych rock, but each album has a distinctly different feel and style, usually with some sort of gimmick too that sets it apart even further from the other albums

>gimmick
Exactly

The problem imo is the usage of gimmicks. I only listened to the banana album and it sounds that the whole microtonal thing is used for the most standard of guitar soloing. Now that is just lazy.

Because they're a gimmick band.

>Why would they decide to release five mediocre albums instead of a couple polished ones?
It was actually a really good viral marketing tactic. They were constantly being discussed in music circles all year round without releasing a single ground breaking album. I imagine they have doubled their fanbase this year

But it's only Jan 1st. 5 albums in one day?!

Wikipedia page view statistics with Tame Impala as a point of comparison

Why were sketches and gumboot even released?
Obviously just filler to hit the 5 album mark.

fuckin legendary

Tame Impala hasn't released anything for 2 years, they will never be overtaken by Gizz as long as they keep producing music.

tf happened with tame impala in september 2016 doe

it is different to the norm but everyone knows that

This. For some reason, I don’t tire of their sound. It’s just so singular. But I still wish they would put out something out of norm just to see what else they’re capable of

I'm nearly convinced that all positive discussion of this band is just shills. Gizz sucks huge cocks, same gimmick as tame impala just more riffs. Paper thin depth wise, all style, no substance.

>IT ALL SOUNDS THE SAME WAAAAAAAAH

youtube.com/watch?v=PLdI44R0RQA
youtube.com/watch?v=NXe4rkaqKWs

People say that the main thing about King Gizzard is the variety of gimmicks, amounts of instruments they throw in and shit.

You will realize how plainly similar it all is once you listen to something like Sun City Girls. Listen to 330,003 Crossdressers From Beyond the Rig Veda and you'll see why people say that "it all sounds the same".

where the king jizz cum poop soup

King Gizz is primarily concerned with writing actual songs, it's why you would never call them avant-garde ala Sun City Girls

Given King Gizz's commitment to the song as it is traditionally understood, yes their material is very diverse

Sketches and Gumbot are the less generic and preditable ones. I don't understand how people like them less than FMB and MoTU, those two are full of those generic "King Gizzard by the numbers" songs where the guitars and the vocals share melody, also being the most gimmicky of the bunch (none of the others is as uninspired as "King Gizzard... BUT WITH MICROTONAL GUITARS (that don't do anything interesting)/SPOKEN WORD (I actually like the spoken word, but the parts that fill the gaps between those passages can be some of the most boring cheap shit they have ever recorded)).

>the guitars and the vocals share melody

this actually does get tedious as fuck and contribute to the samey quality across the discography

You just don't 'get' it, per se. Try listening to each album several times.

>literal stoner doom in Gumboot Soup

I came

Try listening to them at least once before blurting out your opinion.

They'll never get commercial success with that stupid name

this

Reddit

Haha woah dude now King Gizz are even more 420 friendly haha can't wait to smoke some dank weed to these sick riffs!