Why does Sup Forums refuse to swallow the gizz pill

that's a tremendous amount of soy you just forced me to look at

>jizz pill
FTFY.

Because it’s caked in the collective cum supply of Reddit.

I think most have. There's a loud minority of people who don't like em.
But who gives a fuck if Sup Forums likes them anyway? If you like them, you like them. If you don't, you don't.

Too conventional for psychedelic music. I prefer noisy nipwank.

Sup Forums was in love with them circa nonagon but since they exploded in popularity have turned on them, how shocking

>obscurish band is liked by some
>few others have heard them
>gets popular
>more people hear them
>more people also dislike them now that they've heard them
>hurr contrarians
It's like people who complain when an artist or band becomes more pop and its old fans dislike the new direction.

>the new direction
what new direction? A lot of the songs from Gumboot Soup could fit snuggly onto Mind Fuzz

Why would I listen to soyboys homaging the greats of the 60s and 70s... when I could just listen to the fucking greats of the 60s and 70s.

oh look Rolling Stone magazine showed up

Every time a great psych or stoner band shows up, some hipster always talks about how they're so "derivative" of old bands but can never actually name a single old band that sounds like them.

This.

Artist unspecified.

Literally all Krautrock bands?
They're good Psych rock in the same way Kamasi Washington is good Jazz.
It's homaging bands that are important, influential but doing in a way that won't polarize inexperienced listeners. Want proof of this? head over to any of their albums, I'd be willing to bet most - if not all - of the 5/5 reviews have a shocking lack of inexperience with that style of music. Most people tend to overate or blow up their first experience with something, especially music. It's why it's so common to love the worst album by a band just because it was your first experience with the band.
"Whoa, this is totally psych rock" only really applies to people who've listened to the bear minimum to appreciate the genre, therefore they exaggerate their love for the band, I'd also be willing to bet if any of these individuals would to be exposed to Krautrock, Progressive Rock or Psychedelic Rock from the peak of those respective genres they would begin to see King Gizzard for what they truly are. Post-modern homages to original music, basing around nostalgia rather than originality.

That's a lot of words to say "I can't think of a single song released in the sixty years since Can was founded that sounds like I'm In Your Mind Fuzz so I'll just get really vague and say it sounds like ALL OF THEM"

Your point here user?
As an outsider the only good quality of this band is that they've released five albums in a year.
That's not really enough to keep longevity, or be remotely remembered in the coming years. Originality does that, but there's a shocking lack of it in their music. I'm going to keep comparing King Gizzard to Kamasi Washington because I believe there are sharing the same boat, they both make music that homages great music. But that's all it is, homages to great music without being original. All Kamasi will be remembered as (in his current discography) will be that dude who made a long Jazz album.

I'm in your mind alone sounds like a dead kennedys song, and DKs sound was surf rock influenced punk. So they're derivative of a derivative. Not that user btw but to deny KGs unoriginality is a losing battle

because it's a nasty fucking pill.

>As an outsider the only good quality of this band is that they've released five albums in a year
that's not a necessarily good quality, more doesn't mean better
and if it was, that certainly isn't the only good quality
you're just being short sighted, if that's all you see well more power to you i guess
i'm a little surprised someone who berates 'kids' for listening to gizzard and not exploring past psych bands (no proof of that) doesn't take the time to explore gizzard himself

King Gizz is to Hawkwind what Tame Impala is to Air and Todd Rundgren

2D rip offs who are marketed to appeal to redditors and alt normies

king gizzard is to psych/prog rock what quentin tarantino is to exploitation films

CONTINUE MY LEGACY, MY SONS

When I first discovered them I thought I'd call my music project Wizard Lizard and then I googled it and then these guys showed up. Never listened to them.

They're alright, nothing exceptional so don't understand the pressing need to take this mediocre pill.

I have been a gizzhead since 2013