>writes cringey Shane Black wannabe dialogue for every character
>"this David Ayer/Will Smith netflix movie is going to be my Star Wars"
>David Ayer made an okay movie one time
>Will Smith
>"Possession (1981) is one of the best breakup movies ever made."
>is writing a Pepe Le Pew movie ft. biting social commentary
>is over 30

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(The_X-Files)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's our boy

remember that time his father murdered some people because of his ego

he was a good friend

Which Okay movie? You mean Chronicle? Because he literally ripped off an X-FIles episode

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rush_(The_X-Files)

The face of nepotism
Ugly and arrogant that is

You're unintelligent for not understanding the Star Wars reference when he said that.
Another moderately successful and very famous because he knows how to appeal to specific audiences. Every script he writes has "MAKE THIS MOVIE" written all over it to a 'specific' producer. They are highly cinematic and easy to read. That's it.
No reason to get butthurt and make threads about him.

When will his father's name stop landing Landis gigs?
He doesn't deserve so many chances.

It wasn't an original idea when the X-Files did it either.

Welcome to fiction. There are no new ideas.

Making a movie that isn't an original idea is one thing, ripping off an entire episode is another.

He's arrogant about his work, which isnt horribly written, but it's nothing special. certainly not as inspired as the work he tries to compare himself to.

Most people bitch about him because he can dish out the criticism on other people's films, but can't take any criticism targeted at his work.

only thing a landis has ever landed

>wasn't found footage
>wasn't about physical and mental abuse
>wasn't about friendship over a secret
>didn't end with the the two closest friends fighting to the death

He never did. He's incredibly charismatic and outgoing so producers and other hollywood types love him.

>charismatic
I mean, Im sure he pitches his ideas well and articulately, but he's also a spazz

He's very arrogant, but the star Wars comment had nothing to do with arrogance. And I totally agree with you there, I've just never seen a thread about Max Landis that isn't just weird hate. It's like the opposite of a waifu thread.

I'm intrigued by Bright and Deeper, and Dirk Gently finished at a solid 7.5

I found his movies boring, but Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency has quickly made its way into my top 5 shows of all time

The first season is completely out since yesterday and it has already been renewed for a 2nd one, but I hope to God the show doesn't get canned, all my favorite shows do

Point is, don't avoid stuff just because a guy making that stuff is a flamboyant prancing homo man

Not really. The only time I've ever seen him be like that is around RLM cause he's such a huge fanboy of theirs.

>it has already been renewed for a 2nd
Oh lovely. I finished it last night and I was worried it would be added to the list of shows with perfect set ups for season 2 but Just don't make it.

Max pls

He managed to get 3 or 4 scripts made into movies and wrote a show that was renewed for a 2nd season. He's getting full credit for his work and you better believe he's getting paid for it. So he's doing better than 90% of writers in Hollywood.
His work may not be Oscar worthy, but he's not shitty either. At best he'll carve himself a niche in the industry doing genre films, at worst he'll sell out and work on shitty safe scripts for big blockbusters.

>implying procedural shows haven't done so many stories movies will inevitably feature some of those ideas too

autism

you know how sometimes a totally normal guy says hes gay and you're like woah, couldn't tell, he seemed totally straight

well I had the reverse experienced with max landis, I just presumed he was gay for months until I heard him talking about ex girlfriends and I was like what the fuck, hes straight? never would have guessed

>wasn't about physical and mental abuse
>wasn't about friendship over a secret
>didn't end with the the two closest friends fighting to the death

uhhh

sounds like Akira desu

He's the most confidently insecure person I've ever seen.

He thinks he's God's gift to the film industry because of all the flaws he points out in other movies while never actually producing anything of value himself.

And his shrill and overly excited attention-whoring on RLM killed what could've been an epic Neil Breen BotW.

The best thing I can say about him is he gave Mike the false hope of breaking into Hollywood and thereafter forgot about RLM since he was only ever using them to vindicate American Ultra and discarded them once that task was done.

HELICOPTER NOISES

>American Ultra sucking wasn't my fault!!

Oh, interesting.

>reads the script
>cringey/edgy half-baked teenage pseudo-stoner fantasy

Lol, nice try.

Possession is 10/10 but that video with his interpretation of it doesn't really do the movie justice.

Sounds nothing like Akira. ALot of people parrot this to sound smart, but Chronicle is barely anything like Akira.

Martin Scorsese and Michael Mann working overtime couldn't turn that garbage into a serviceable movie.

Terrence Malick could have cuz he would've just made a different movie.

>Max was allowed to be born because rich Jewish nepotism jewed his father's way out of prison
really makes you think

ha ha yes, did you also love all the QUIRKY WACKY CHARACTER so did I

10/10 top 5 shows of all time

nude leaks when
I'm wet just thinking about his twink pale body

I work in the industry and I've had the displeasure of meeting him. Most if not all people think he's an ass

Alright boys, here's the word on ol' Max.

He sucks.

>I work in the industry and I've had the displeasure of meeting him. Most if not all people think he's an ass

Seems like most of the people he hangs around with have at least equally fragile egos.

Mr Plinkett rip off in Dirk Gently

The first 3 or so eps of Channel Zero were fucking good. Finale was shit though.

It got fucked when they basically removed all the suspense and just revealed what the fuck was going on. The big bad wasn't spooky at all. (Loved the creature design for the skintaker though)

Why was he so triggered about Batman v Superman that he had to post a video of himself ranting like a manchildren to the point almost crying in front of the camera?

Max Landis looks like the type of guy that would crawl through a perfectly good whorehouse to get to a fat boys ass.
He also dresses like someone trapped in a thrift store fire. I was really suprised to see this guy had some money. Pretty sure 5 of this is "daddy needs to go out of town for awhile" money that big Landis keeps in his sons account

>top 5 shows of all time

it's clearly in the top 3 current TV shows, but not of all time.

He got 3 million for 'Bright', biggest money for a screenwriter for damn fucking long time.

Max Landis is a star in the future, if you like it or not. He has a lot of fucking gigs and continues to get them. I don't really like his work, but he gets a lot of shit done and not because of nepotism (at least not nowadays). If it were the case, goys like Shamalan would have no work. Those people just deliver, and Landis' work is more creative than most screenwriter's stuff. Is it good? No, not always, and he thinks too highly of himself when his plots and characters are subpar at best. But it can be fun, even though his only genre remains "quirky".

>is writing a Pepe Le Pew movie ft. biting social commentary

Ruining my favorite Looney Tunes character.

I bet this fucking retard doesn't even know who Maurice Chevalier was and he wants to make a movie about Pepe le Pew oh god I want to start a Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I noticed that too, I wonder if Max will ever acknowledge it.

Watch his Westworld reaction video. Even retards here, in the general thread got most of the plot points and narrative structures. This guy, a supposed professional, didn't.

>has already been renewed for a 2nd one
Sweet! I absolutely loved it and it felt very much like Douglas Adams. I just really hope that the second season will get a complete character wipe just like between the two books. I feel like this would be necessary in order to avoid flanderisation of the already extreme characters.

Do you happen to know if any of the actors have been renewed as well?

Considering that he recently landed a 3 million dollar contract for a single script, no: this is most likely the money that he made on his own.