MORE LIKE THIS

Please. More like this. I already know Protomartyr, Iceage and Idles. thanks!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BSBkMBSk3Ik
youtube.com/watch?v=KPCkfVpzsC4
youtube.com/watch?v=-lYIglAVAoY
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2010s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=0&genres=Post-Punk&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Look up "Post-Punk."

wtf this is great. thanks user!

Have you heard of a little band called Viet Cong?

wow we've got a funny guy over here

Sure, immediately I will recommend you listen to the discography of the band "Women" (particularly their sophomore LP "Public Strain") largely due to the band featuring both the bassist and drummer that went on to form Viet Cong/ Preoccupations after its collapse. Anyhow, other recommendations would include the following;

>Disciplina kičme - Sviđa mi se da ti ne bude prijatno - (28 mins. Post-punk/ Experimental rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=BSBkMBSk3Ik
>Гpaждaнcкaя oбopoнa - Pyccкoe пoлe экcпepимeнтoв. (33 mins. Post-punk/ Noise rock/ Punk rock). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=KPCkfVpzsC4
>Ought - Sun Coming Down. (40 mins. Post-punk/ Art punk). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=-lYIglAVAoY

I hope that you enjoy these recommendations as you do the rest of your day! Good fortune to yourself and your family~

>Ought - Sun Coming Down

this heat

Protomartyr
Viet Cong
Women
Liars
Total Control
Omni
Thee Oh Sees
Dreamsalon

is post-punk going through something of a renaissance right now? it feels like there's been a sudden resurgence of high-quality music coming from the genre

i only listen to a certain kind of post-punk (this kind: ) but i feel like there's a lot of it now, yes
indie rock is over, garage rock has peaked, i feel like a lot of those same guys are doing post-rock stuff now

tyvek
parquet courts
teenage cool kids
eddie current suppression ring
institute
b boys
uranium club
the men
john maus
no age
priests

these too

if you like iceage, check out marching church if you havent
its the same guy

Have u posted, this comment in any other thread? I might be having déjà vu

Modern post-punk feels so soulless

Not just post-punk but pretty much all types of punk. There's a lo-fi new wave movement going on right now for fucks sake.

>There's a lo-fi new wave movement going on right now for fucks sake.
Wait, really? could you direct me towards some prominent bands in there? because that sounds fucking tight

some of these are a bit of a reach mate

Look up Lumpy Records and the YouTube channel Jimmy.

Everyone should listen to more Fugazi

Where do I start user? Always heard they were the shit

I'd just go chronological to be honest. They are a band that leads to very wide variation in opinions about their best album.

thats true i guess

i'm more of a The Argument guy myself

Yeah The Argument is likely their best. I think 13 Songs is under rated and In on the Kill Taker is one I listen to a lot.

Just pick any few albums and listen to them, my man. Pick based on album cover, title, whatever.

Nope, though I have posted Ought as a recommendation multiple times and use Starbo a lot so that might explain it.

What are B Boys and Tyvek like? I've always wanted to get around to them though my backlog is quite huge, I remember vaguely listening to one of Tyvek's LP's after hearing of their association with Protomartyr though I cannot remember much at all. ECSR is brilliant by the way.

their albums are quite different from each other
i've heard s/t a few years ago and didn't like it so i've avoided them until recently, when i heard the argument, which is now one of my favourite post-hardcore albums

>Thee Oh Sees
what

Everything by The Oh Sees after Floating Coffin has been pretty post-punkish

I've only heard a few Thee Oh Sees, but it seemed pretty much like psychedelic surf punk to me.

try this
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2010s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=0&genres=Post-Punk&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

Thee Oh Sees is definitely phych rock, but great enough and close enough that they would be appreciated by anyone who likes this music

they've been around forever and put out like 20 albums
they have different sounds

>What are B Boys and Tyvek like?
they sound pretty similar to each other
i would say tyvek sounds like light up gold era parquet courts and ECSR
while b boys sound more like newer parquet courts stuff