If you think Christgau sucks, you've never met Dave Marsh

>anyone who doesn't like hip-hop must be a racist
>any music I don't understand logically must be racist/fascist
>Bruce Springsteen is the second coming of Jesus and every album he's ever made is a 10/10 that brought light to the world
>any music predominately listened to by white males is unacceptable (unless it's Bruce Springsteen)

All of Christgau's worst qualities ramped up to a 10, except even he doesn't throw around the words "racism" and "fascism" as much as Marsh.

He's not a meme so I don't care.

who?

/thread

A faggot who used to write for Rolling Stone Mag in the 70s.

What's wrong with Springsteen?

Nothing but he really only released two 10/10s

Guys like Christgau accuse _metal_ of nihilism when they worship Springsteen whose albums are nothing but whining and despair about the Rust Belt decaying.

The media in the early 70s were desperate to coronate the next Bob Dylan. If Bruce Springsteen didn't exist, the media would have had to invent him.

Springsteen isn't nihilistic for the precise reason that he cared about the Rust Belt decaying.

>anyone who doesn’t like hip hop must be a racist
I like hip hop but god damn that meme is obnoxious.

Fun fact: Kendrick Lamar was sued by a BLACK jazz musician who hated hip hop over his rigamortis sample

Whatever he still sucks ass. Him, U2, The Replacements, R.E.M., and Wilco are the most overrated fucking dadrock shit bands ever

If the guy could sing or play worth a darn...but he can't.

literally all of those bands/artists are either good or had good parts of their career

He's also written maybe 5 good songs in his life and 4 of them were down better and made more famous by other (better) musicians

this is the dude who called queen fascist right?

What are some bands he accused of being fascist?

Whoops wrong post
Also buddy no they haven't. You could probably cobble together a 12 track albums worth of good songs from the all of those artists together, but that's about it.
AlsoThose songs would be:
>Born to Run (Frankie Goes to Hollywood cover)
>Atlantic City (The Band cover)
>Blinded by the Light (Manfred Mann cover)
>Because the Night (Patti Smith cover)
>Ghost of Tom Joad (Rage Against the Machine cover)
>The River

Nah, AC/DC are.

He looks like elpresador

Queen. He implied that "We Will Rock You" and "We Are The Champions" were like a Nuremberg rally and that they were the first openly fascist rock band.

The songs were a fucking football match chant!

A lot of American rock critics totally missed the point or context of British music.

>Wilco
Yes, hands down yes.

Oh yeah. Christgau (for example) is hopelessly provincial. He shits on most European pop and rock music, and the more NYC an artist is, the better. Only artists like the Rolling Stones who are big Americaboos get his approval.

>>anyone who doesn’t like hip hop must be a racist
>I like hip hop but god damn that meme is obnoxious.
This. I'm not even white and this annoys me; why is a white guy racist for disliking a form of music? This is the kind of guy who'd want to ship people off to re-education camps for "sensitivity training" if he could. And the funny part is that these types keep harping on about their so-called hatred of fascism when they toy with that exact sort of militancy all the time.

>I'm not even white

Since WWRY and WATC have been staples of playing at American sporting events for decades, I'd say most Americans "got" the point of those songs. It was just the couple of dipshit hipster critics who didn't.

Read the lyrics to We Will Rock You carefully. He's talking about a kid who dreams of being a football star someday but his dreams don't pan out. Christgau's review of The News of the World shows that he completely misunderstood the song.

Hot bant.