Battlestar Galactica

I was planning to watch Battlestar Galactica and it starts out with a "previously on Battlestar Galactica" clip, did I download the wrong one?

Pretty sure this was s01e01

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)_episodes
youtu.be/Lv8vi_eV9eE
youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI
youtube.com/watch?v=NY3gY48pxjA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There was a 2 parter before the start of the series

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Battlestar_Galactica_(2004_TV_series)_episodes

What Said, you need to watch the miniseries first. Gives you the backstory for the series itself, and is fucking great.

Daily reminder that Admiral Cain did nothing wrong

>mfw she kept doing her job when Adama deserted
>mfw she was basically just Honor Harrington
Her crew was still a bunch of dumb assholes though.

You can't rape a machine

All sentient beings can consent, even if they are made artificially.

She resorted to piracy - against the human survivors from the colonies no less - in order to provide for her personal little brawl against the toasters. In the immortal words of Baldie McFrenchist, she didn't deserve to wear that inform.

>piracy
She requisitioned civilian equipment to continue a war that was never formally ended. You can say whatever you want about her, but she's no war criminal.

If anything she was probably in the right to declare and maintain martial law given the conditions.

The show wasn't written with her in mind, but in a real apocalyptic situation, i'd go with her leadership over Roslin's continuous fuckups.

If Starbuck is a guy, Boomer is a black (human) dude, and Baltar is a douche who never gets laid, then you've got the right one.

(Also feathered hair.)

The right kind of leadership would have been somewhere in between probably. Cain was just too ruthless and unreasonable to be in charge given the circumstances while Adama was too soft and too forgiving.

Despite him screwing things up when he had the chance on the show, Tigh is probably the guy I would want running the fleet.

Was it ever explained how the crew managed to stay away for 120+ hours?

I think it was the second part of the mini-series where they were fighting off attacks every 20 minutes or so. I get that they were using stimulants or whatever, but it still seemed absurd.

Agreed.
The problem with Tight lies elsewhere. He consistently makes the right calls and is flat out right about so many things in the show, but he can't handle the pressure of command for shit.

Adama and Cain had the mental stability to lead at least.

stay awake*

damn it

I always thought that premise seemed a little ridiculous for a show that was trying to be realistic. With that many attacks in such a short period, Galactica would easily have ran out of ammo by the end of the first episode.

It's the first episode of the actual show.

They relayed themselves. But even with the stims you could see them fucking up because running on that tight of a schedule you eventually make mistakes.

120+h of continuous condition 1 operation isn't something that i would call improbable, the Galactica is a war vessel with a trained crew. But that's strenuous as fuck.

Either that or their fighting force would have been decimated in a few hours

youtu.be/Lv8vi_eV9eE

God fucking dammit I have to rewatch this now

They probably rotated shifts, some took a few hours off to sleep, it's not that out there

ARGHHHHHHH

They still have access to resources to create ammunition. There is even an episode about it. Their supply lines reach pretty far despite the situation.

IT'S INSIDE THE FRAKKING SHIP

I'm
getting
my
men

Not to mention they can fold anywhere in the galaxy as long as they can be sure it's not into a stray asteroid or a sun
Just head back to one of many wayward ammo depots and refuel

Fuck now I wanna do that again.

I started this morning before even entering this thread

That was the thing about BSG - it had its ups and downs but when it was on form, it was pure unadulterated sci-fi kino

Daily reminder that Felix Gaeta did nothing wrong

Baltar confirmed for crazy.

President a cute.

I jerked off many a time to her.

More like
>filename
Sure, she started out okay but then she turned into a genocidal, tyrannical murderer who tried to steal an election, stole a baby away from her parents and locked people up for reading a book

>episode where he and his new cult get a fuckton of guns ominously implying something is going to happen
>it's never brought up again
I loved the show but the writing was all over the place

That was in Season 4
Writer's strike fucked with basically everything then

Seasons 1 & 2 are widely considered the best and arguably the pinnacle of sci-fi

Makes sense, I always lose track of how many shows/movies were ruined by the writer's strike. Still not sure how to feel about the ending.

bones gets to bone her

I'm still amazed Baltar actually survives until the end of show. He is my favorite character but I expected him to end up dying making some kind of sacrifice to atone for all his fuck ups.

In the end, however,he gets arguably probably the happiest ending of any character on the show.

his last line is so perfect and a great ending

>posting a pic of BSG playing on your phone in an attempt to b8

At least you tried, kid.

Why was the score so GOAT?

youtube.com/watch?v=SlcUwUwjLrs
youtube.com/watch?v=so10dKbhorI

>admiral Cain will never order you not not cum while she rides your cock and moans

Most of the mysteries are never answered, most of the character development goes to shit, and the ending is deus ex machina to the extreme. Be warned.

>Seasons 1 & 2 are widely considered the best and arguably the pinnacle of sci-fi

>throw out a bunch of questions with no answers
>pinnacle of sci-fi

I cry everytiem

I said Seasons 1 & 2
Not Seasons 3 & 4

youtube.com/watch?v=NY3gY48pxjA

>mfw other sci fi still hasnt ripped off the flak guns in space

That shit was cool

You'll definitely love the later episode, where they start having "previously on" scenes that never actually happened!

>We have work to do
Based

Starcraft does it.

there is something about her, especially in riddick

Wait, is that Katee Suckoff?
Does she have nudes?

not really hottest are from some calendar shoots she did with tricia helfer and the outtakes from those

GRAB HER BY THE PUSSY

It's not the backstory, it's the first fucking episode

what the fuck happened to the last season? Who made that should be shot

Tigh is an alcoholic who has expressed problematic ant-toaster sentiments. Especially since he is one himself, which makes him a unwittingly self-loathing Uncle Tom.