Friday July 15th, 2017

>Friday July 15th, 2017

How are those goals coming along, Sup Forums? Making progress? Summer will be finished soon what have you accomplished for 2017 thus far? What will you accomplish by the end?

I feel guilty to say I've accomplishes nearly nothing so far this year to this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/buy-rent-calculator.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ANOTHER

DAY

IN HELL

ON

MY

INSTEAD

My retarded dad got my mom involved in a 3000€ debt I knew nothing about we had a fight I beat him and now she's with me while I pay for the whole thing.

Going to kill myself by the end of the summer.

Cool keep us posted. Also can I have your stuff before you do

I have achieved decent levels of tennis playing ability to be able to beat random people I meet at the club about half the time. I bought my glock 19 and learned how to shoot. I also started a blog that makes me somewhat happy.

Good. What is the blog about? Considering starting one too desu but not sure how expert I have to be on a topic.

Do people even follow blogs anymore, seems like youtube killed those.

It's a blog about bondage. I mostly just write captions about that sort of stuff with pictures I like, which I've hoarded for years with almost no use. (Like I'm sure most people here do, we're all pictures hoarders.)

I honestly don't have the highest sex drive, but I enjoy talking to other degenerates because meeting people in person is a pain in my ass when eventually you have to ask them if they're interested in being a submissive.

I read some they're very informative

I started it a little over a month ago, and I have a little over 100 followers. That's more than I thought I'd have honestly, but I'm just doing it for fun.

Disgusting tbqh

Y-you too

This one's getting into my folder

I went to the bar/club today.

Went with another set of people than I usually do. That's progress, I crept a wee bit out of my shell.

I went up to the dancefloor. Granted it was only friday and not many people up there. But still, I danced.

Tomorrow we're going out again and then there will be loads more people(and girls especially) so gonna try to dance then too. Maybe hookup with someone, or atleast try.

My only goal for this year is to atleast begin the process of not being an antisocial retard anymore. And I hope lots of babysteps might do it.

What about everything else though? How are your finances, health, and hobbies going?

>recorded interview last Monday
>recruiter still has not relayed any feedback from employer
s-she's just busy, right?

My finances are in pretty good shape. Not because of a wellpaying job exactly. But there is one(1) perk of being antisocial, and that is that you have nothing to spend money on, so you save a lot.

Healthwise I'm physically doing very well. I lift 6 times a week and do cardio 3-4. Did bloodwork a month ago and everything was perfect.

Mentally I've been in and is still in a very bad spot but that's mostly due to my stupid self-isolation(especially my lack of gf) but I have hope I might get my shit together. Thankfully I still have a few friends and hope to broaden my social network through them.

As for hobbies I try to write a few pages on my novel every day. Then I also like to read a couple of hours every day. Can be whatever. Currently reading a history of The Holy Roman Empire.

Other than that lifting takes up a lot of time.

How about you Canadabro. How's life holding up?

Good to hear that Swedebro.

As for myself I've stagnated quite heavily this year and perhaps regressed even. The year started off well but then things like quitting my job, losing money in the market, and a moderate injury caused me to rollback quite a bit of progress. Going to be salvaging this year though and learning from the mistakes to never have a repeat however.

Got a job. Shitty job but my pay is barely less than if I had an education. Go Norway,

at least you got a job bro. it'll open doors and you will have less time to think which will make you happier

I bought a house and had my first relationship in three years. It was a train wreck but I'm happy I went for it.

Peru is trying its best.

Any advice for a freshman fag who's going to be really fucked uo by university?

Anyway I'm going to live alone for the first time.

Need an advice

A
FUCKING
LEAF

i told my self this year wasn't going to be the same and everything only getting worse

Congratulations but it's better to rent in most cases from a financial standpoint

Yeah really appreciating my freetime now. Being jobless was fucking hell after a month. Just stopped caring.

I've accomplished nothing an going nowhere.
I'm up to my eyeballs in debt because I'm an incompetent moron and don't really see the point in hoping things will get better.
I'll probably be dead before fall.

What happened faggot?

a lot of things but none of them are making things better

Actually achieved meaningful progress in all fronts.

What is the problem and what have you been trying?

How so? Shouldn't it, long term, be the opposite?

Over time the house will probably appreciate some, or at least not lose value. Meanwhile you pay off the mortgage.

When you rent you are just paying someone else's mortgage.

>Auto
Ye, what this leaf said

False. Homes on average just barely match inflation and have a whole slew of problems associated with owning them.

This calculator compares the opportunity cost of renting vs buying: nytimes.com/interactive/2014/upshot/buy-rent-calculator.html

At least in the US and Canada in mist cases it's better to rent and invest in index funds.

"Literally better off spending the money you're spending on a home on ETFs. Housing is a shit investment across the board. It has low returns (if any), is not diversified either by sector or region, can be destroyed in a million ways from arson to flood to hurricanes, requires constant upkeep, isn't liquid at all and costs a chunk to sell. It's only redeeming factor is there fuzzy feeling of living in your own house, which is not worth all that much if you have to move. If it's that important to you, knock yourself out, but given a choice I would always rent."

I changed my antidepressant, will get CBT soon.

Lots of overtime at my wagecuck job which is good, more money for travelling later. Steady progress with my French. I hope I get to bang at least one of the 2 French-speaking qts I will visit this summer.

Big vacation with the old school friends to America later, already paid off the flight.

Might try that whole college thing one more time this winter.

it's whatever i pretty much gave up so I really don't care anymore

>losing money in the market

Fell for /biz/ memes or just unlucky stockpicking? Been there done that bro. Best thing is to just try to learn from your mistakes, read more and try again.

Why did you quit your job?

Renting IS throwing money away... but what do you think property taxes, interest on mortgage, maintenance, and broker fees are?

CAUSE:
>i pretty much gave up so I really don't care anymore

EFFECT:
>and everything only[SIC] getting worse

:thinking:
Try /r9k/.

Thing is though you can have lots more leverage on a house than in the stock market.

Hitherto in Sweden, owning a house financed by loans has been a very good deal. But it might be that the peak has been reached, or atleast is very close.

In any case, I rent myself, and invest in quantitative strategies such as the Magic Formula and Value Composite.

Real estate is one of the best investments if you know what you're doing. My parents have easily made over a million dollars in real estate.

Implying I give a shit about having a ton of fiat.

I can do whatever I want on my land. That is priceless.

been hallucinating lately, can only barely be bothered to get out of bed, have no appetite, don't feel like doing anything at all. I feel too far out at this point.

My attempt no. 851517515485 at eating healthy and losing weight failed yesterday. Have applied to about 50 jobs, but I don't even get an interview. My personal economy is going down the drain.

Yeah, 2017 hasn't been so good. I've just lost all hope and motivation. A few years ago it looked like I was going to actually make it, weight loss was going good and I had a girlfriend, but suddenly she didn't want to see me anymore, and I started drinking. Gained weight and then some, my studies went to shit, and now I'm just stuck in a ditch I just can't seem to get out of. Even if I do, it's still a long way to go just to get to the point where I was when my life was shit, just not as shit as it is now. And I don't know if I'll ever get over all those years, supposedly the best of one's life, just wasted doing fuck all. I have the same dreams now as I did 10 years ago, except my life sucks more now. How is that even possible? I don't want to kill myself, but I honestly don't see many alternatives.

Sorry for the blog.

i on the contrary may have accomplished far too much and displayed too much power for an individual such as myself. I may be killed. only time will tell if this was a worthwhile risk or not but at this time I would say no, absolutely not. but well worth taking anyhow.

>get lucky in an extreme housing bubble where Canadian homes are like the most expensive in the world

>"NUH-uh, HOUSING IS GREAT!"
Come on my senpai.

Good for you, if that fuzzy feeling is that important that you're willing to pay a premium then congrats but financially it's a poor decision.

To paraphrase Charlie Munger. Real estate is, despite appearances, much harder to turn into a good investment than stocks.

How can you not have a job in Norway.

Literally world's strongest labour market.

>attempt at losing weight

That's not an attempt that's a choice, especially when it's repeated. What is there to attempt. Losing or gaining weight is the easiest thing to do because it's 100% within your own control and not dependent on the outside world.

If you lose weight the small success will motivate you to change other areas of your life.

Well huh.. this year I..

Learned some Finnish
Learned some German
I visited Spain (Madrid sucks)
I got visible abs
I finished 1-2 video games (more than in previous years, always lost interest)
Learned a few alphabets (Hangul, Devanagari, Greek)
Stopped taking pills for my anxiety

That's about it.

that's not the cause I just have no hope

I have a bachelors degree, but no network. This means I don't have the right contacts to call to get a job, and I'm thus unqualified for high end jobs. Also, because of my degree, no low end job employer would ever hire me, since they think I'll just leave as soon as the opportunity presents itself. So I'm basically stuck in the middle.

Oh fuck off, if losing weight was "easy", no one would be obese. I think few people actually WANT to be fat.

>Some leaf without a job talking out of his ass about a market he doesn't understand at all

grow a pair of balls
though i know this advice is futile because i was once in your situation and felt i had no control over my life.

>Summer will be finished soon
I DONT WANT TO GO BACK TO COLLEGE

tbf if, say, you make 40k a year youd be much better off renting than buying.

>not refuting a single point I've made
>ignoring the OBJECTIVE calculator comparing renting versus buying

Ah yes I'm merely fabricating this preposterous idea as if I invented the concept of opportunity cost. LE LEAF XD, good job faggot

I'm just rotting away waiting for uni to start in a months time.

Just moved from Gothenburg to Canada for a girl. I've made a huge a mistake.

You're better off renting in the vast majority of cases regardless of income unless you can buy homes without mortgages, period.

Any autists here managed to get a girlfriend this year ?

Dela med dig, hur när var varför

retard, there comes a point where it hardly makes a difference and in that case you'd be better off paying a mortgage so your kids can inherit it.

of course, the caveat is that if you own a house and dont have a family/dont have prospectus of having a family then you're just retarded

Whew lad, where is she from? Why did you do it? Why was it a mistake?

I went abroad for a girl once, it was never meant to last but I had an amazing month.

It wasnt luck, my parents are smart and can spot good housing in good locations. Its all about timing and location bud. You're honestly saying the stock market, basically gambling, is less volatile?

BESIDES.

If you wanted to invest in housing you'd be better off buying REITs. The real estate market is just people lying to you because brokers collude to make higher commissions. With REITs the middleman is on your side.

>your kids can inherit it
Why not let them inherit your far more liquid stock portfolio?

You are the ones who retarded and blinded by decades of government shilling housing as le best investment when it's simply not the case.

>Ah yes we merely forcasted this shitshack in Vancouver would be worth $2 500 000 within 8 years, we are brilliant investors!

t, reit investor
>Why not let them inherit your far more liquid stock portfolio?
what good is a bunch of money if you have no shelter you dumb cunt?
how 2 do dis?
inb4 r-nought

You can rent a place to live. At this point I'm going to stop replying because you're not even trying now.

On a stock market you can diversify and hedge, no one puts 100% of their money in one investment unless they're equally hedged, which rarely is the case.

Replied to wrong person

yes, goy, let the landlords buy the houses and then rent at extreme markups. dont buy houses at all

my grandma mortgaged two flat for 100k in 1990 and now gets 3k a month for rent and lives in the other.
you are retarded if you believe that renting is better in every case
mate he watched a chomsky video explaining how mortgaging is bad and knows it all

I linked a calculator to you and explained a bunch of reasons why it's not that great. You are refusing to refute a single one. I bet you haven't even clicked the link to the calculator.

Your Jew meme is not an argument to anything.

>b-but muh landlord rolls repairs into the rent

no he doesn't. rent is purely based on supply and demand. do you think your landlord would charge less if nothing broke? NO. he is already charging you max that the market allows, repairs cost HIM money

>b-but you're just paying your landlord's property tax, mortgage, and profit

Maybe maybe not. again, rent is based on supply and demand. How much are property taxes and mortgage on a house that was $300,000 in Detroit in the 80s and worth pennies now? If landlord's couldn't lose money there wouldn't be houses for sale for pennies with tens of thousands of dollars or unpaid property taxes

>b-but muh renovations, muh entertaining, muh quality of life

if you're such a degenerate that you base financial decisions based on the color you can paint something then you deserve to be poor

cuckshedders, when will they learn

DISCLAIMER: not my post but saved because it's gold

>I bet you haven't even clicked the link to the calculator
i haven't because your claim is retarded. Investing in real estate is very similar to investing in stocks you dumb cunt. each requires risk and the more you pay the less risk is carried.
le supply and demand is only really relevant in a perfect market of which not a single one exists. you have to be an asshole but there is money to be made by exploiting the dumb.

Cuckshedders FOREVER btfo

>inb4 they ignore my posts
>inb4 they throw low effort insults or funnie pol Jew memes

No refutation.

Admitted to not even clicking the link because he doesn't want his world shattered. You are a literal retard who doesn't understand opportunity cost or diversification.

What do you think carries less risk, investing in an index of the US's 500 biggest companies that do business all over the world...

OR. Buying ONE HOUSE, in one part, of one state, of one country? :thinking:

Look at the calculator you stupid faggot and face the facts.

>You are a literal retard who doesn't understand opportunity cost or diversification.
i am an econ major, bud. Not saying this because it somehow makes me a supreme knower, but rather that i know your memes

you are the retard because you believe that you saw a caculator from the new york times that you believe you know everything. As I have said, in agreement with you, there are many cases in which renting is much preferred to loaning a house, but retards who believe that individuals who make 75+k a year shouldn't buy a house are retarded. hint: renovations will, in the long run, cause housing value to appreciate.
i am done arguing with you

Stay poor faggot

By the way your 3.0 GPA second year at a northern state university in econ does not mean shit