Was high school really like this for most people?

Was high school really like this for most people?

Ezra Miller is the biggest fuckboi in the country. America's Eddie Redmayne.

No

Most tumblr movie i've ever seen

there are people calling this REALISTIC

Its a highly idealized version of High School for special snowflakes.

Who's the qt on the left?

Villain from The Force Awakens.

High school at it's best was like this. But that was only 1% of the time, the parts people like to remember. Most of the time it was boredom, angst, sexual frustration, depression and the monotomy of everyday school life.

Did anyone else think all three of them were women? I went to see it thinking it was going to be some lesbian thing, what a disappointment.

There was plenty of angst and depression in this film as well though

Can confirm, I sure miss high school sempai.

It was right in my case. I was a suicidal faggot during my teens and ended up in mental hospital at 14 and was abused at 16-17.I'm still a fag but not suicidal.

very much this
being so "outcast" and "damaged", that it's making you a more interesting and intelligent person, that's the fantasy of most tumblr people, because they can't handle themself as being ordinary.

Highschool for me was sleeping in class, working in an internet cafe, and playing video games there all night, coming home in the morning for a nap, and school again.

Never made a friend or got a date, time well spend though.

>Belgian
>not really
>driver liscence optainable at 18 most get it later so a lot of things were more limited.
>house parties? best I got was drinking beer at a friends house, no more than 10 people present.
>Cliques? Not really, only closed friendgroupes and popular people.
>Drugs pretty much the same.
Only thing that was relatable is the teenangst

My dumb ex-girlfriend loved this book way more than a grown 21 year old woman should love a young adult novel and even she complained about how retarded it was when they turned the "in that moment I felt infinite line" into a legit line of fucking dialogue in the movie. It wasn't even a really bad movie other than that part and Emma Watson's horrendously shit acting.

>Emma Watson's horrendously shit acting
she still made my dick hard though

he's way prettier than worst emma t b h

>worst emma
Why did you randomly bring up Emma Roberts?

>implying worst emma isn't emma watson

Kevin. Stay away from him.

But we need to talk about him.

Worth watching for her alone

It's more like the kind of movie a tumblr girl in high school would watch and pretend like that's how her life is, even though she'll miss the point entirely. Which is what a girl from my class did.

The movie and book are completely different though:
The book felt more self contained, to the point where it kind of feels like the main character is imagining the majority of it, which is pretty much how high school is most of the time; imagining scenarios that'll never come true. Then again I read the book in about two hours while half asleep so I may of misunderstood it.
The movie kind of tried to hammer over your head how shy and delicate the main character is, yet how much people like him because of his reliability or something.

How does anyone who looks like Logan Lerman have trouble making friends? Even if they are having rape flashbacks.

This is the most accurate high school movie.

Almost certain we're from different countries, and yet this is more or less same with my experience in HS.

Thanks for the feels,user

legit the biggest snooze fest and i fucking hate that "SLOW RIDE... TAKE IT EASY!! XD" song so fucking much. STAY AWAT FROM THIS PLOTLESS DULL AS FUCK FILM, most people on this board are the character whos friends with the ginger girl that gets his ass kicked for trying to be a smart ass.

Did someone not have a good time in high school?

the inbetweeners isn't a film but it is basically a documentary on english schoolboy life

>the inbetweeners isn't a film
it's 2 films

although granted neither of them have a whole lot to do with the show

the 2nd one is actually pretty funny tho

the films aren't really anything to do with being at school

I didn't have friends in high school and just avoided everyone so I wouldn't know.

>loner loser in high school
>somehow still get's a ton of friends and multiple gfs to fuck around and play with

Why can't we get a full on bleak portrayal of an isolated kid in high school just living through his stressful days and trying to cope with day to day interactions?
No pussyslayer sociable character arc in the end please.

Nothing triggers me more than that shit.

The real losers ate their lunch in the bathroom and ended up dropping out due to depression.

I honestly loved this film, not sure why though.
Kind of a guilty pleasure.
At least in my experience it's at least partially realistic.
The same thing happened to me, except for the gf part of course. Basically they forced me to talk to them and things went from there.

the kid should have just killed himself

>I had a friend group in high schoool
>I was a loner loser

No

It doesn't have to be a clinically depressed kid, just an average kid that is somehow left behind in his generation and him dealing with social interactions through the day.

You don't have to be clinically depressed to be isolated and left behind in your surroundings.

There has got to be atleast a former robot NEET director wanting to express their former experience in a visual medium.

please I want my /loserkino/

>Why can't we get a full on bleak portrayal of an isolated kid in high school just living through his stressful days and trying to cope with day to day interactions?
because salinger's estate won't let anyone make a film

It's perfectly possible to have a friend group and not really connect with any of them

Things aren't that black and white. There is a middle ground between 'oh look this kid is kind of shy and awkward but he still has sex and great times with his bros' and a film literally about a kid shooting himself in the face

if it doesn't have a happy "he found his place and came out of his shell :^)" ending normies would hate it and it wouldn't make any money

No

>it's a popular chad thinks he knows what being an outcast in high school is like episode.

>dude i'm such a loner
>*fucks 9/10 girl*

no

We don't have one for High School but at least there's Taxi Driver.

It's pretty generic, but that milkshake scene really got to me, great execution of lines from the kid in that scene

To be fair, a movie like that would be hard to do and could very well end up becoming a snoozefest if it doesn't go for the school shooter route. The loser who comes out of his shell is easier to adapt and normies love to eat that shit up because they can boast about how much they identify with the characters on their twitter.

My highschool experience was helpfully put into TV by literally then dude in the grade above me.

Thanks Ben.

This is literally my highschoo, literally written by someone I knew then (I'd call us acquainted but not friends).

For those who won't watch: it was funny, awkward, dull, a little frustrating, mostly really trivial stuff with a hand full of actually important moments scattered across several years

>9/10 girl

Das it mayne

The shit thing about this movie is there were no perks of being a wallflower. The kid got his heart broke and then remembered he was raped.

I still think Fast Times at Ridgemont High depicted a pretty realistic school setting even being back in the 80s. A lot of the stuff still holds true today I find.

They filmed it in my hs while i was a student. So literally yes.

fast times is the only high school movie that got teenage drama right

Punished Swinton

even in middle school I was a misanthropic fucking ghoul. I was funny and all the popular kids liked me but I wanted nothing to do with them

not another teen movie is more fucking relateable to any of this hollywood dreck. because it was a time of figuring out my personality, sense of humor and making a complete ass of myself to the point i still wake up at night and do the "aasaahh" shake my head at embarrassment

its supposed to be plotless and dull thats how their lives are. its just a movie about hanging out

I'm going to sound like such a faggot for saying this but I loved the book. It was a pretty big reflection of what my high school experience was like. (I fell for an older girl who had feelings for me but never wanted to admit it)

The protagonist in the book came off as a WAY bigger autist than his movie counterpart. Movie charlie came off as just a normal dude whereas book charlie was legit socially retarded. The movie in my opinion butchered everything. Which is absurd considering the fucking author directed the movie.

Fuck logan lerman, fuck emma watson, fuck ezra.

Its astounding how hollywood taints everything it touches