Martin Shkreli is Based and Probably Red Pilled

Holy shit, I thought this guy was an asshole but I now realize I was just being brainwashed by the luegenpresse. He's actually based as fuck and probably red pilled too.
>inb4 late to news
I know this is old but were his actions actually morally justified? Is he really based or an asshole?
youtube.com/watch?v=HWd4-Z0xBos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R26TNWqEHks
arstechnica.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/kalobios.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=2PCb9mnrU1g
attn.com/stories/4676/martin-shkreli-price-hike-chagas-drug
i.imgur.com/G7RpNZA.gif
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiAxckCnjendEOHrWn9e-zwZ1ZQV1DS2N
youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6TecVZAhk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Here's another one that made me like him.
youtube.com/watch?v=R26TNWqEHks

>and Probably Red Pilled

For about $2000 a redpill, you can, too.

he does whatever he feels he needs to do investment wise because he can and you dont vote so shut the fuck up.

unless you're going to shoot him or something get off the shill gas

Fucking leaf.
Funny joke, but horrible trip

Guys a total dick but he's fucking hilarious

>tfw IQ 192

I've been waiting for /pol to catch up with this guy. He is a bad mother fucker.

How is this even a question?
He was giving away free shit, the only ones who lose out are the ones who can afford it. I.E. companies besides he was using the money to fund further research.

Plus he's done a few comfy teaching videos.
An attention whore yes, not an asshole though.

bruh the guy is a chess master of course he is redpilled and a genius.

Just putting this out there, but his finance lessons are excellent.

How old is this guy even? What a fucking badass.

It's hilarious that some dumb college kid is trying to tell a millionaire businessman in the MEDICAL INDUSTRY about how Obamacare works.

Why does your country hate free speech

We're a thinly veiled authoritarian dictatorship in guise of a democratic republic

#FreeAmosYee my dude

So why does the media hate this guy so much? Did he piss off a powerful fag? He provides a service, makes a product, and still GIVES AWAY the drug to people without insurance. He is literally only making money off of insurance companies, one of the most unscrupulous industries.

Makes a profit*

With Bernie around it's easy to bank off of "Big Pharma raises drug price by 5000%" headlines. I can't imagine how much money this guy made the media

>another le jew is based shill thread
fuck off and stop replying

Honestly never occurred to me before. If you call me brainwashed by the media you are victim blaming btw.

Also, doot.

sounds like my country desu

You can get 3 years in prison in Singapore for making fun of Islam. It's awful over there lol. Cuckada is going downhill as well, we're next depending on who we vote for from here on out

raking off faggots is ok by me.. seems like the right thing to do.

They want to play? they have to pay..

Maybe a competing pharma company has media connections, and they're butthurt some young upstart nabbed the copyright.

He's actually not jewing people though. He's jewing other jews in the insurance industry.

Fucking dumb, entitled bitch. typical high schooler of this generation.

"i know more than you, i don't care who you are! i've read blogs!"

holy shit that pissed me off.

Based

From what I understand, the congressional investigation into his business activities was just a show trial for dumb Democrats to grandstand against deregulation of healthcare.

This country is the epitome of status quo

As long as everyone has a roof under their heads and food to eat they won't complain, which the government tries to ensure. Political dissent and opinions that disrupt the 'unity' of the country are censored and the commenter punished for hate speech or sedition.

The government portrays itself as transparent and meritocratic but the reality is that it has always been the same people with their families and associates in charge while trying to recruit the best talent for themselves. This country also has long standing ties to Israel is you catch my drift.

At least unlike canuckistan we don't accept """refugees""" for free and have little to no lgbt rights (lgbt exist but have little influence, buttsex is punishable by imprisonment). We are also greedy jews with regard to economic practices and have low taxes without a large welfare system. Unfortunately we are still a nogunz police state where self defense is essentially illegal

tl;dr ur example of security at the cost of freedom

I had no idea the Singaporean government was so bad until recently. I thought it was just a typical shithole.

>typical shithole

I dunno man we've got a pretty good standard of living here

the phillipines has all the freedom look at how much of a utopia it is

martin does have wierd face probably the albanian in him. He got decent head and hair at least.

like 33 IIRC

Martin does a good job of arguing, to uneducated idiots, that what he did wasn't that bad. But, you'll notice he never makes the same arguments to people who know what they're talking about.

I've been on his stream, and asked questions to which he had no real answers. For example, his argument in defense of what he did with Daraprim, he argues that the price increase is paid for mainly by medical insurance companies, and that legal protections mean that any person who can't afford the drug gets it for free (or for 1 dollar). Because of this, Martin argues nobody is really hurt by insurance companies, and even then his drug is similar in price to comparable drugs, and drugs are a small portion of insurance companies' expenditures. All that might be true (except use of Daraprim has declined, which basically rejects Shkreli's entire argument), however, Shkreli was also trying to buy a different drug, Benznidazole, and he intended to do a similar thing.
Benznidazole is primarily used in South America. Shkreli and company bought worldwide rights to Benznidazole and intended on raising the price. The reason that's an issue, is the poor people of South America don't necessarily have the same legal protections and medical insurance that the relatively more wealthy North Americans have.

When I made this argument to Shkreli on the livestream he didn't have a lot to say about it. He quibbled for a long time about things like "I didn't buy it - my company did", then he denied buying worldwide rights to it, so I helpfully linked him the court document where he bought worldwide rights to it.

Then, he just said that he hoped as many people possible could afford his drug. When I asked him if he would also make benznidazole available for everyone, the way he makes Daraprim, he just repeated that he hoped everyone would be able to afford. When I asked if that meant "No" Shkreli called me dense.

>everyone i dont like is a jew

fuck off kike

He a typical Jew using pilpul

The more you know Goym

Shkreli usually posts his livestreams to his YouTube channel, but he didn't post that one for some reason.

He's a pretty dumb person, honestly. He only sounds smart because he has had a lot of time to think about his narrow field, and invent defenses for his actions that it requires basic research to reject. Since nobody on his livestream does any research before arguing with him, Martin usually has all the facts, and comes off looking smart.

Again, notice that Martin doesn't talk to real reporters. When he went before Congress he didn't say anything other than "I plead the fifth" and his own name.

Martin took advantage of the fact that people have to buy the drugs he was selling. Because of legal protections in this country, people weren't really hurt by that. Martin planned on doing something much worse on a world wide scale with the Chagas drug benznidazole. He would have, if he weren't ousted as the CEO of KaloBios (and then KaloBios went bankrupt).

Shkreli made a lot of money investing. Then, because he was basically an amoral autist who wanted even more money, he blew up his biotech and investing company out of greed. Now, he spends 10-16 hours a day arguing with morons or talking to sycophants on YouTube and discord.

>teaching videos
Sounds fantastic to me. Fuck democracy if it leads to what America has become.

>Is he really based or an asshole?

he paid 2 million for a rap CD and you're asking this?

>morally justified
The fact that you ask this means you have no idea about the situation. There was literally nothing wrong that was done that even needs to be looked at from an ethical lens.

So your argument was, since people in the US have good insurance how come you didn't raise the price of this drug outside the US where the insurance won't cover it.
Smart...

Ah, no. There is limited harm from raising the price of Daraprim (sold in the US). There is a lot of harm from raising the price of Benznidazole (sold outside of the US) which Shkreli intended to do, and would have done, if he wasn't removed as CEO and KaloBios didn't go bankrupt.

>Martin took advantage of the fact that people have to buy the drugs he was selling. Because of legal protections in this country, people weren't really hurt by that.

Very, very few people in the US need the drug diaprim. There's an argument that if less than 50 prescriptions a year are being written, well, what do we sell 50 in this country of that aren't enormously expensive? The reason he could do it is over-regulated FDA and our ridiculous laws against importing drugs.

What bothers me when retards or the government officials argue with him is why they don't just fix the fucking system that allowed him to do it. He may be a dick but you made the system that he took advantage of.

>that time when he trolled vice with his bookshelf

youtube.com/watch?v=2PCb9mnrU1g

That's true, and something I wanted to get to before the post length limit got to me.

Shkreli is just your average amoral drug CEO in terms of morality. The only difference is, he was dumber and more autistic than most. If he hadn't been such an unrelenting douchebag in the media, and had gradually raised the price, then he wouldn't be facing criminal charges (which are probably spurious), he would still be the CEO of his company, KaloBios wouldn't have gone bankrupt, Turing wouldn't be laying people off, etcetera.

Martin thought that because what he was doing was legal, he could get away with it. So he was very brazen, and failed very badly.

But, you are right, the system should be reformed. That doesn't mean we can't observe Martin is an amoral jerk though.

#FREEMYNIGGASHKRELI

I've been watching his finance videos, dude is fucking on-point

prove it

Do you think all drugs should be free?

hahahahaha how the fuck did I miss that

the greatest troll of all time, easy

Topkek. He reminds me a lot of Zyzz

He's actually an Albanian Catholic, "2% white" according to himself.

He gave a shout out to pol before at the end of a stream

>Shkreli is just your average amoral drug CEO in terms of morality. The only difference is, he was dumber and more autistic than most. If he hadn't been such an unrelenting douchebag in the media, and had gradually raised the price, then he wouldn't be facing criminal charges (which are probably spurious),

I think he's autistic but not dumb. He probably got exactly what he wanted - notoriety. Like you said, he has legions of haters and fans because of his actions and just dicks around on YouTube for a lot of his time. If he had been a nice and moral person, who would've given a fuck? Now he gets to be (in his mind) the misunderstood genius whom the world sees as a villain. At least, he's famous and can feel superior to his (mostly stupid, as you pointed out) haters.

>But, you are right, the system should be reformed. That doesn't mean we can't observe Martin is an amoral jerk though.

He can be called whatever. If those same callers aren't calling or writing their Congressmen to change the system, then it's just wasted effort and showmanship since Congress will just hold dumb hearings without fixing the underlying issue. Not that I want more retards involved in civic government, but that bitch could have emailed every US Senator about this in the time it took to lose arguing with him.

Where else is he going to go though?

That Shkreli intended to raise the price of Benznidazole?

attn.com/stories/4676/martin-shkreli-price-hike-chagas-drug

>In Latin America, benznidazole costs between $50 to $100 for a two-month course of treatment; Shkreli says the new price would be roughly the same as for drugs used to treat hepatitis C, which cost $60,000 to almost $100,000 for a course of treatment.

Or that he bought worldwide rights to the drug?

>relating to the Debtor’s [KaloBios - Martin's company] acquisition of worldwide rights to benznidazole for human use, (ii)

You'd have to watch his stream to find more evidence of him being dumb. Like him struggling through middle school level math on Khan academy. Or being off by factors of ten while walking through investing related problems. Or trying to refute statistics in arguments with the names of individuals he knows.

Also, I should point out, in context, Shkreli was saying the price of the US course treatment would increase to 60k to 100k. I don't think it was exactly clear what he would do to the Latin American price, but I don't think the evidence suggests he'd leave it alone.

I never get old of reading Zyzz bantz
>mfw

>you think i cant be black with enough money? let me tell you something, with enough money, ill be black

fucking lost

Weeellll

You need willing, talented people in gubment offices and they have to be honest for a strong govt to work really well

>You'd have to watch his stream to find more evidence of him being dumb. Like him struggling through middle school level math on Khan academy. Or being off by factors of ten while walking through investing related problems. Or trying to refute statistics in arguments with the names of individuals he knows.

I watched half of his first investment video and it seemed okay, but if you've seen more of his stuff I'll take your word for it. I still plan on watching the rest of his investment series as he doesn't seem to water shit down like a lot of other financial vids do. I lol'd at the thought of him teaching chemistry though.

I still hold that even if he's dumb and his goals were stupid, that he still achieved them. He's infamous for being a dick and gets to fuck with even dumber Vice reporters since he's rich and bored.

No link, but there's a great vid of him chatting with an HIV+ and very handsome gay dude about why he raised the price. The gay guy was intelligent, cogent, and willing to listen more than he spoke and Shkreli actually convinced him that it was all for a worthy cause...that of being able to produce a better drug while not denying anyone of the medication they need.

This gif makes me lol. Sup Forums wouldn't let me post it here.

i.imgur.com/G7RpNZA.gif

Savage

watched his streams probably from october - march

his streams a few months ago used to be based af,

plus he literally uploaded an entire finance class on youtube
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiAxckCnjendEOHrWn9e-zwZ1ZQV1DS2N

also, this video is a must watch
youtube.com/watch?v=7Z6TecVZAhk

He is a savage, kinda became more of a cuck through April tho

I don't think he did anything wrong in his hedge fund, but maybe at Retrophin

>Shkreli made a lot of money investing. Then, because he was basically an amoral autist who wanted even more money
Kek, welcome to the real world poorfag

I am pretty sure 99% of the ppl in the world wish they could do what he did

I would fucking kill some kids to have that net worth

He is not dumb, period. He's crazy smart, undoubtedly genius IQ... do you think just any random 22 year old runs a fund with 50+ million? Also, the school mentioned in the video, Hunter, is essentially for gifted kids. They say he got kicked out for academics but I'm from NY and I've heard from some Hunter people I know that it was disciplinary. Dude was probably just early based and wsa like fuck this.

Also, My dad works at UBS and Shkreli worked in his office when he was 19 or so for a little. Says he was a pretty chill dude and is a certifiable biotech prodigy.

hahaha! that guitar playing at the end after the chick hangs up

based Shkreli

Yep, this

Yeah I changed my mind on him a while back.

Still laugh when the banter lord comes in at 20:15, fucking cried first time I heard it.

>Goldbergowtiz-Stein

CANNOT BE REAL

Basically every public personality that the media makes out to be a villain is actually pretty badass after researching them.

The only exception i've found is Westboro baptist church. They're not badass, but they are a group of clever lawyers who try to get themselves sued so they can counter-sue and make millions. They aren't really retards like they pretend to be.

His interview with Milo is pretty interesting. Apart from the specifics of his case he makes the generalized argument that people in executive positions have a responsibility to make as much of a profit for the shareholders as possible - a CEO does not have an ethical responsibility to provide a cheap product, and in many cases these two responsibilities would clash. If there is a moral outrage to the price of a product people need to push to have its price reduced some other way, perhaps by government regulation, rather than demanding an executive of the business reduce it.

In the interview he also seemed to think that people were mad at him purely for making lots of money, rather than for the human impact of his business decisions. I get the feeling he's a psychopath, but it doesn't invalidate his argument.

King George III is the British king we got independence from and still taught to be an overall villain. He wasn't a badass though. He was erratic and the intense inbreeding didn't help.

>In the interview he also seemed to think that people were mad at him purely for making lots of money, rather than for the human impact of his business decisions.

Well it's true. Most people know health insurance covers it if you have an IQ of 70. U don't need to pay out of pocket for a drug like that.

He is literally just taking 0.0001% of taxpayer money because Obamacare allowes him. I don't blame him at all, I envy him.

Most ppl probably despise him just for making that much money off the drug

>U
>ppl

Oh yeah that guy was a faggot. I'm not talking about history as much (although I'm sure that historians fag it up pretty good). I'm talking about what the media reports on, because they are a business that profits from outrage. They find some villain they can report on, people get excited, tune in, and then the news outlets get money from advertisers.

Wat

lol u tk him 2da bar?

martin go to bed

Martin, is that you?

>a certifiable biotech prodigy.

Odd, as Martin has never done invented or discovered anything, and has no degree related to biotech, and no publications. Maybe what you meant to say is that Martin is good at investing in companies, and working at a hedgefund.

>They say he got kicked out for academics but I'm from NY and I've heard from some Hunter people I know that it was disciplinary

Martin himself says it was for academics, if you ever watch his streams. And like I mentioned, he is still struggling through grade school level mathematics on the Khan academy. Why would Martin lie about that?

Getting kicked out of a "Gifted" high school isn't a great qualification for genius. Plenty of people in NYC made tens of millions of dollars working for hedge funds. That's because they work hard, get lucky, make good connections, and have no morals.

If u have watched any of his streams, u would realize he is a genius

Look at some of his chemistry livestreams

>being this mad

I don't get it?

t. Shkreli

the one in the top middle gets me every time

RIP

this guy is ripping off from leafyishere

what?

>watching faggotishere

kys

>albanian

REMOVE

Cry more

kys

This guy is basically what the liberals want to be, yet they hate him because the media told them to. Liberals are fucking retarded.

Just look at this guy
>gives away drugs to poor people who would not have been able to afford them
>tries to improve a drug that's completely awful, kills the human just as much as it kills the infection or parasite
>makes the rich pay more
>pisses off a bunch of rich pharma people
This is literal socialism. You take from the rich and you give the poor. Why do Liberals even have a problem with this?

Ok, maybe what he did is going to be seen as fraud by the judges, but that just makes him more like Robin Hood. Do Liberals hate Robin Hood now?

If I was Shkreli I would just say fuck it, increase the price only 2 or 3 fold, and let the poor people die because they can't afford it. What he did was in good spirit, but I don't agree with socialism. Stealing from the rich to help the poor is not worth it.
Fuck socialism. Just give everyone the same price. He only had to increase the price because he's giving away 60% of all the drugs for free.

Fuck off, 12 year olds.

lmao

kys faget

am i the only one that thinks he looks suspiciously like a reptile of some sort?