youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7Ys_RUZ_I
youtube.com/watch?v=stZco6yI5zo
youtube.com/watch?v=gMZuEoDzG2s
youtube.com/watch?v=P5Em1UJLpVI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

isnt he gay

nibba dressed in leather gimp outfits

who tf are 'the pesh mode'?

A hi-NRG eurobeat project that got played a lot in homosexual discotheques back in the late 80s

>2018
>still listening to depeche mode
take the and one pill bros, it's the better synthpop outfit.
youtube.com/watch?v=kbi7paq4Fm4

youtube.com/watch?v=rN_xcBegMAM

Fuck you!

And One are just a shitty copycat with like two good songs. The only really comfy song they have if Paddy is my DJ.

they make futurepop/synthpop

they don't have the goth crooner appeal of Depeche Mode

Depeche Mode are still boss of this gym

No fuck you, Gore.
>implying
Although it's bizarre you'd pick Paddy out of all their repertoire, I always took it as one of their tongue-in-cheek, ironic songs, like Shice Guy. It's good though, yes.
But nah calling them a copycat is denying the importance they have in the late 80s/early 90s EBM scene. Also
>two good songs
youtube.com/watch?v=RiP6rLE5QYo
youtube.com/watch?v=ma0UwnEzL9w
youtube.com/watch?v=dL6604OplOc
youtube.com/watch?v=TssVswVj8Ug
youtube.com/watch?v=kKPFkbkbbmU
youtube.com/watch?v=Bs7Ys_RUZ_I
youtube.com/watch?v=stZco6yI5zo
youtube.com/watch?v=gMZuEoDzG2s

Anyway, Steve WANTS them to be a dm wannabe band, but it turned out to be its own thing.

>they don't have the goth crooner appeal of Depeche Mode
>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=P5Em1UJLpVI
And One has mainly a goth public they appeal to. They aren't mainstream, although they had their times of popularity during the 90s.

I'll wrestle your ass!

h-hey guys can I be in the synthpap club?

I wear dresses too!

Anytime, soyboy.

But they aren't even that important. They had one big mainstream hit (for synthpop anyway) and that's about it, its not like there the second coming of Nebb. I always see them as a worse version of VNV Nation, a band that doesn't know if they want to be synthpop or EBM so they kind of stand in between. And while VNV carved their image and niche out, And One just kind of always clung to old EBM imagery and cliches while not really having the balls to be an EBM band because it would lose them their potential Love Is A Shield #2 type song. They're the musical "shit or get off the pot" thing for me desu senpai.

I can think of several hits they had, but regardless of mainstream hits, they are one of the biggest names on EBM, like it or not.
I consider VNV to be a more boring And One.
They're not Front 242 or Nitzer, but it's up there.
Sorry you don't enjoy them, mate. And One is a lot of fun, especially live (then again, they barely tour outside Germany, let alone Europe)

I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL YOU

I don't know man, I think you're overstating their importance. I know they're a name, even headliners sometime, but I would never put them in the same category as any of the first wave bands or even VNV, not by personal choice but because of how many tickets they can sell. And One shows aren't really all that big.

>And One shows aren't really all that big.
Last I checked in their videos, they still have a lot of following, and still play at goth festivals like mera luna, which surprised me.
vnv is also a big band but I think on the same level as and one, and I personally think and one is clearly above them, not just now, I'm talking their whole trajectories.
Anyway, speaking ticket sales, I saw And One and Nitzer Ebb the same year, and the And One gig was more packed than NE. So I wouldn't speak purely comparing ticket sales.

I forgot how dank this band was

That's mostly because NE seem to be really boringi live, I'd wager. When I saw them it was like they put on an mp3, no interaction, no little touches to make it feel interesting, just play the set, fuck off and get paid.
And One shows are usually like 300 people or something, VNV can draw a fuckton because their shows are so much fun. I'm KKT really all that huge on their records but they were the best band across any genre I've ever seen live. And as far as festivals go I think they were ever only best by Combichrist, but I guess that just proves the point that ticket sales or attendance aren't great indicators of music quality.