Do people honestly enjoy this?

Explain to me how Aumgn and Peking O are well put together songs. I'm completely missing something. I am musically jazz trained and all but I find no satisfaction out of those two tracks and they are such a chore to listen to for me

3deep5u

plen

drugs

I guess what I mean to say is I want to like this album, I love the rest of the album but it still feels like no effort or thought went into Aumgn Peking O. Obviously many people like it, can someone help me to appreciate them?

I’ve been listening to this album for years and those two tracks will forever be patrician filters. Plebs trick themselves into thinking it’s good, but it really just ruins what could’ve been one of the best rock albums of all time. It literally sounds like Hello Kitty Suicide Club at certain points.

Probably enjoy it aurally rather than musically. Feels; not sounds good.

They sound good. You're allowed to dislike the way somethings sounds.

How can you not enjoy that fade into the percussion in Peking O
How can you not get severely anxious listening to Aumgn absorbing yourself in the soundscape

the buildup and drum loops on augmn are pure kino. Not to mention the entire track is eerie as fuck. Pecking O is alright, but I don't really get the satisfaction I get from the other songs on that one.

you're not alone - I love the first two sides of that album, but I rarely play the C/D sides

>I am musically jazz trained
lmfao

Half of it is good but the sound collage tracks are just wank

I enjoy a handful moments and the overall atmosphere in both songs but especially with Aumgn, their length doesn't feel fully justified with what I get back from it. Even if those tracks were cut in half in terms of lengths, my enjoyment of them would increase greatly

Ya I just mean that musically, I am trained in jazz so I'm all open and am able to appreciate and understand improvisation for the most part

you need musically krautrock training

Peking O is hilarious

Peking O is an expression of pure chaos in musical form. It builds up like a normal Can track & then everyone chimps out for a few minutes before melding back together again but in such a way that everyone seems to be playing completely independently from one another but still all coming together to form a cohesive whole.

Aumgn is just muh textures

i never got into this album. its solid and the songs themselves are great but the production is utter shit and the performances are really sloppy

>the production is utter shit and the performances are really sloppy
why cant't people just say that they don't like something? instead they are making all this shit up.

do i just not justify myself? lmao

Listen to Stockhausen

>the production is utter shit and
It's a small band in early 70's Germany do you seriously expect them to have the production of a beatles record?
>the performances are really sloppy
except they aren't?... They were some of the most competent musicians in rock music at the time. They could play anything they wanted perfectly. They were students of stockhausen so they probably intended it to be they way it was on the record. It's spacey jam music do you expect it to be tight and heavily composed?

Explain how the performances and production are sloppy then.

no, i dont expect it to have the production of a beatles record but i expect it to sound good. nothing feels hard hitting and the mixing is super awkward. the vocals sound like garbage and maybe its not the performances it might just be the production that makes them sound sloppy

>nothing feels hard hitting and the mixing is super awkward
t. fantano

>nothing feels hard hitting

like its mixed pretty quietly but this is just straight up wrong, do you just skip the first 4 tracks or something?

>states an opinion
>"this is just straight up wrong"
lmao

also ive listened to the album twice and am probably gonna listen to it for a third time to decide my opinions for sure

>also ive listened to the album twice
then why the fuck are you even talking about it.

do you expect to listen to it like 30 times to get an opinion on it?

not 30 but surely not fucking 2

well im sorry i dont want to waste that much time in my life listening to something i dont love

nah, get out of here you fucking retard

i hate people who listen to an album a few times and feel qualified to discuss it with people who have been listening to it for years.

all i said is that i dont like the album lmao i dont think you guys are wrong for liking it

agreed

you have every right to dislike it. But you talk about wasting time, the biggest waste of time is discussing an album you've listened to many times with someone who listens to it twice

fair enough

To be fair to the dude who doesn't like Tago Mago, if you don't like something you shouldn't listen to it more than a few times to discuss it
That being said I can't fathom how one wouldn't like at least Paperhouse and Mushroom

i will say though, i wasnt making a formal review/criticism of it, i was just stating my opinion but you have a point

i like those songs! i just dont like the production. i like paperhouses progression a lot and mushroom has a great groove

The production threw me off too initially desu

Gotcha. I personally do love amugn and I can attest that it took me longer to get into the later songs than it did some of the earlier ones. The thing i like about it is just how dark the album gets and you can really feel the wheels spinning off which is cool. So if you listen to it more, you might also gain some appreciation.

ill listen to it again tonight, ill see maybe my opinion will change!

what a wholesome end to this thread

your're gay

OP is back as it seems this thread comes to a close. Thanks to everyone who contributed (even the dude who claimed it had bad production and they were incompetent musicians)
I will right now!
Haha I'm getting on it
Thanks for the insight! That's a cool way of interpreting it

I love Peking O but can't into Aumgn, it just feels too overlong and boring

Future Days >>>>>

This but Tago Mago is still amazing

If you don't like sounds don't fucking listen to it and move on don't put high meaning to sound because that's exactly what you hear this is why I quit Sup Forums a long time ago they don't even bother to put a Dio thread anymore

The only part of this album that's shit is Damo Suzuki

what are you on about
>don't put high meaning to sound
all music is sound and this is a fucking music discussion board

t. patriciab