Holy shit this looks good

Holy shit this looks good

youtube.com/watch?v=3KWAxBlZKMA

How is it that this series are regarded as some of the best blockbusters made recently?

Reeves said in an IGN interview, and I'm paraphrasing here but, because they know how it ends, the writers can focus on the how instead of the why. The "how" involves character progression, story, and philosophy.

Basically the people making these movies are making them for the story, and not to make a quick $

>It will be...a planet of apes

How did they get away with it???

I'm laughing because they'll be compared to Godfather and the like in age. it's a good thing

They are fucked though as soon as the war is finished once the central conflict is done what do you do?

People wouldnt take the Heston story seriously nowadays

>Truly this will be... a War for the Planet of the Apes™

Its not so much when the war is finished but when Caesar dies. These movies have focused on him and how he leads the apes. Once he dies the main character and focus of the trilogy is gone. Do you then try to jump to original planet of the apes or do you try to continue this "prequel" storyline. Do they try to show what happens around the rest of the world? Do the surviving apes branch out and colonize other parts of the world? With Caesar gone is there a power vacuum causing a struggle to be leader of the apes or does caesar's son take over? of course not all humans are wiped out so what happens to them, are they immediately made to be slaves or are they all in hiding? do they try to fight back at anytime?

My point is that you have a long long time between this war and when the astronauts crash back down in the original. There is potentially hundreds of years of history to potentially explore. The main issue is trying to establish another main character after Caesar that will be just as complex and developed and that audiences will want to see more of.

>And now I have become a Rise™© of the Dawn™© of the "War for the Planet of the Apes"™©

What did he mean by this?

Hopefully they will just let it rest in peace after Caesar. They won't, but one can hope.

the issue is that there would be no more interesting characters to follow after Caesar. Maurice would be pretty old at that point so I can't imagine following him for that long. plus he has been more like Tom Hagen rather than a Michael Corleone. In that he isn't a leader but more an adviser. Caesars kid is a little bitch. I can't remember if in Dawn Caesar had another son or if the baby was a girl. If it was a son then that might be something worth exploring but war is only two years later so he might still be too young to do anything. Otherwise you could have some sibling rivalry for power between the two.

I can see them simply leaving Caesar's story finished after they win or whatever, and then move the story hundreds / thousands of years into the future with new apes that have evolved into an enlightenment era civilization or something. Humans that survived the virus from centuries earlier may have done the opposite of apes, and devolved into more primitive humans or something, which the apes capture and study. Maybe stories of Caesar's time are just forgotten / claimed as myths. You could still have the forbidden zones being human cities / towns and whatnot, while the ape's civilization is in forests.

didnt cameron snatched most of the writers for avatar 2-5 im a bit worried

>apekino
>cunnykino
Very nice.

well how long have those movies been in pre-production and production. If Cameron did film most of them back to back then that would mean that the scripts were fully written and developed far in advance of shooting. Its possible that the majority of their work for avatar is already done and thus they are able to continue with apes. It all depends on how far along avatar already is.

I never watched Dawn is it good?

I liked Rises quite a bit

Rise is shit compared to Dawn.

0.02 USD has been deposited into your account.

Dawn > Rise, both are great movies though. Dawn has its flaws, but it's still a fantastic movie with some of the best CGI in the business.

>They are fucked though as soon as the war is finished once the central conflict is done what do you do?

Nothing, The story is told.

>ywn see the full history of the apes through the years up until the plot of the original.

APE LIVES MATTER

i think the monkeys look stupid tbph famalama

I can't help but laugh everytime the name of a movie is said in the movie now because of this

Fucking. Kino.

>A good movie by Fox

Who would have thunk it

These are the best flicks of 2010s desu

There movies can be incredibly good, or awful.

Maybe they take risks, but I don't really know.

I wonder if they'll remake the original, that'd be pretty cool, although it won't have the same impact the original did

Nah I think they should leave the space man shit out of it

Look what happened to Marky Marks one

I don't think that one failed because of the concept, it was just crap.

Although I think they'd probably have to revise things since the twist doesn't work. More of the apes POV than the humans maybe?

>take story told a millon times
>take an old franchise
>merge them
>make as many movies as you can until the title has fourteen "of the" or "for the"
>????
>profit

>blonde blue eyed white girl with the apes
what did they mean by this?

Dawn improves on Rise in every way.

I seriously can't believe people have become so stupid that they pay to watch monkeys on the big screen.

I always hated these movies, all of them.

I hate monkey glorification.

Why are you so self-loathing?

Do we really need ANOTHER movie about Detroit?

Even if monkeys were as smart as humans, there is no way they could win a war.

We have more men,
more guns
more nukes
we can create viruses specified on monkeys

holy shit these movies are so stupid
fuck monkeys.

>The Last of Ape

most humans are dead you dumb fuck

Rise was enjoyable but I thought there was way too much dumb and boring parts to it. 7/10. Dawn is way more "professional" and "serious" imo and completely surprised me with how amazing it was.

Im not watching this garbage.

this. if i want to watch niggers on screen i'll watch the nba

>Apes being helped by humans
>The entirely human faction (that seems to be almost entirely white) are the bad guys and are doomed.

What did they mean by this?

Most of humanity is already dead

Please note that the survivors is a white supremacist (human) organization.

>didn't watch the first three minutes of the movie

>has never seen Planet of the Apes

Humans are helping the monkeys, the monkeys have guns. The humans trying to take them out are few in number.

I seriously started to hate monkeys after watching these movies.

I still am not sure who I'm supposed to aim for in these movies.
I want the monkeys to die.

they are ugly species

>Do you then try to jump to original planet of the apes
There's no real point. The narrative thrust of the original film--and why it was and remains a classic--is the odd nature of humans being dominated by apes and the twist of how that strange world came about. I don't think there's much to explore with that particular story, and that's why its sequels sucked so hard and why these new films attack the premise from the other side of it.
I hope so, too.

This.

Chimps are not noble animals. They have a very ugly society.

I can just never get over how stupid the premise is of apes, regardless of intelligence, beating humans in organized warfare.

I don't know, are we supposed to aim for the monkeys to win?

Who legitimately is aiming for the monkey as a human audience?!

The apes have guns too
and thanks to their muscle mass can take more bullets than humans can

STOP WATCHING THESE STUPID MONKEY MOVIES!

STOP SUPPORTING THIS GARBAGE IT'S WORST THAN CAPESHIT AND TRANSFORMERS!

I WANT MONKEY CINEMATIC UNIVERSE TO DIE ALREADY!!!!

niggers

>doubting monkino

>virus kills 99% of human civilization
>the remaining 1% fights between themselves and tries to live in the empty world
>apes have the strength and survival skills the humans lack
>the humans who survived the anarchy are extremely sparsed and disconnected
>organized warfare

When chimp society sends its people, they're not sending their best.

Ape cinematic universe is rising my man!

>tfw corporate monkeys are behind this movie

Have you actually watched any of these movies you obtuse fuck? Or does Sup Forums govern you thought process that much?

>muh generic cinematography
Those shots aren't special, you see then in every top movie

see

>B-BUT REEL LYFE BRO.
>Jesus fuck...............

>that's the joke

go back to your containment board

>getting this triggered

>>>tumblr

>Hating brainless action movies about humans and monkeys shooting each other = Sup Forums

Are you complimenting Sup Forums? Do you associate monkeys with non whites or something? I dont get it.

Yeah, you know execpt for:
>The human population is almost extinct due to the virus
>Very little tech left (if any) and no more nukes due to lost codes and more importantly NO FUCKING ENERGY (ELECTRICITY)
>The apes are GENETICALLY enhanced. Not your average apes

The trailer showed military armor, missiles, bombs, etc.

That is more than enough to kill an army of monkeys.

Speaking of which, why does Caesar say he didn't start this war when the apes did in fact start the war?

It's you that is /pol infected.

I was literally talking about monkeys, the animals.

Not about black. people you racist bitch.

I dont associate anything with anyone. But that fact that you think any of these movies 'glorify' anyone shows you havent watched any of them and are indeed and obtuse fuck.

Yeah I'm cheering for the humans too, Woody Harrelson reminds me of my Dad, so it's hard to see him as a bad guy when he plays one.

Also it was that dickhead Koba who started the war, not humans Caesar you monkey fucker

LITERALLY gorilla warfare

I think you are the one who's having issues.

He was just talking about monkeys but you seem to think of something else.

having weapons =/= being military capable
you need intel overall and that's specially hard when your enemy hides in the forests and you dont have satellites, recon planes, etc

Its clearly an action movie about monkeys and humans going to war with a contrived plot so that its not completely ridiculous.

People criticizing it are somehow setting off your racism radar which is bizarre. Also if I were to side with baddy humans as a reflex over good monkeys, that doesnt make me Sup Forums. It makes me human.

It glorifies the fucking monkeys.

They are always depicted as cool and smart.

while the humans are the real assholes in all these movies except that indian girl.

Koba did nothing wrong.

They know where the apes are and seem to be battling them in established lines of engagement. The weapons the trailer showed the humans having would cut down the apes in a matter of minutes.

buddy he was just talking about literal monkeys. not dark skinned humans. what is your problem.

Koba was an asshole rightfully tossed to his death, but Gary Oldman and his people were going to stab the apes in the back at the first opportunity anyway

>"I can't believe people pay to watch apes on the big screen. I'll be an extra faggot and call them monkeys just to piss off the autists".
>*shoves handful of Cheetos into mouth and pops in Captain America: Civil War*

I hate monkeys and I hate any movies with monkeys

AND
no I'm not talking about black people you stupid idiot!

I hate monkeys, literally, they are the ugliest animals on earth and they stink and have a rape society.

again NO
I'm not fucking talking about black people

turn your /pol brain offf

I hope these monkey cinematoc universe ends with this one

fuck them.

They're not monkeys

Genetically enhanced monkeys you stupid fuck. Go watch the fucking movies.

They're apes, not monkeys.

I'm honestly pretty excited to see the conclusion of Caesar's saga. Rise was pretty cool and Dawn was whatever

>Saga

ITT: idiots taking the most stupid bait I've ever seen.

What else would it fucking be?

>It will be a... world of simians

we already know the monkeys win. youre supposed to hope for apes and humans to learn to live peacefully together and then be sad when it doesnt work out

The major point of the second movie is that apes have as much capacity to be fucking assholes as humans

Saga: IE his epic journey of leadership and struggle to hold his civilization together while fighting off the forces, both internal and external, that threaten to destroy it

>This franchise is stupid
You are a racist
>You are stupid
Uh huh.

I'm unironically hyped for this as far as blockbusters go

because of this Seems like its a movie made for story instead of as a franchise "universe" builder. I mean, look at how paced out these movies are? I like how they take their time.

Last two were both not "amazing" but they're fun movies that seem sincere.

>Saga