/gg/ - Guitar and Bass General

"Do it fucking correctly" Edition

How do I start learning guitar?
>justinguitar.com
Suggested Practice Routine:
>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png (embed) (embed)
Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitar-chords/
String tension calculator (D'Addario-based):
>stringtensionpro.com/
Music theory:
>musictheory.net/lessons
Hal Leonard's Bass Method:
>mediafire.com/file/sayviwqxfcxfjon/
Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar
Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
>mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg
Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/bj2nni34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Wew

First for halfstacks

I'm from a very famous band and I'm picking this up in 2 more days

It feels weird being the richest one here

what band are you from?

I have the best guitar here and nobody can refute this

looks like it sounds like shit

I'm literally Slash

I've been considering it. The shape knob bugs me, in theory, though. Isn't it basically a modeling amp but without the effects? (So shaping versus modeling... Somebody school me, please.)

prove it, pussy

Right had the best edition of the three

that's not a guitar tho

In response to:
>should i buy a micro dark /gg/?

yeah i kinda can't figure out the shape knob but it doesn't bother me that much. it's just that i really wanna play clean tones as well as distorted ones, and that fatness of the micro dark stands out compared to the micro terror, but i'm afraid it'll fuck up my tone for overdriven, big black/shellac like tunes

I'm not talking about the picture.

Saul, it's out of stock. Go back to bed.

What do you think of the Jackson soloist?

This is what my future board is looking like, so far. (Thanks to user for providing the pic.) I'll round it off with a reverb and possibly an EQ. (Too tired to think about it right now, though.)

Just proves that money can't buy taste

Silkscreen logo?

Those pedals look so boring. You should have gotten some more colorful ones

who's that user?

Nothing a little primer and paint won't take care of. I was thinking of flourescent orange for the archer. I don't want to fuck with the Poly because of the display.

the single ugliest, most repulsive thing i have ever seen in an instrument. congratulations.

My friend

k

Fuck you.

thats p fedora.

I have to confess it. I fucking hate playing the bass. I feel like everything im learning I cant use in the context me playing by myself in my room. I just wanna play melodies to songs I like all day. I know practicing and learning more about the bass will help me better play and understand the guitar when I can eventually afford one but man its so boring.

>2018
>being this poor

Maybe it's just best is you permanently quit you pussy faggot.

Having taste = poor?

>it's not that I cant afford it! I just don't want it because muh taste in cheaper, lower quality gear!

No. My taste is not in gaudy, over-imbelished instruments.

>mfw when i can sell that guitar, buy 5 quality, hand crafted guitars and a good amp and still be able to buy a house.

>I'll use magic words to throw him off

that martin looks fucking disgusting dude. just get a d45 if you want a flashy guitar

>selling a top of the line guitar to buy 5 generic run of the mill guitars that literally anybody could afford

>fucking frogposting fuck

you can buy decent custom mades that look better than that martin with that kind of money. and an amp, and a house.

>just get a cheap piece of shit instead!

still doesnt change the fact that the guitar looks like shit and sounds just like any other martin dread

Keeping crying wagecucks LOL

Rick Nielsen. pretty underrated as far as rock geetarists go. Have a rockin' day guys!

Have a heart attack nigger!

Help I'm a brainlet. I learned the D chord but when I strum the chord is muted. I'm using my finger tips like Justin said.

Can you have a black strat with a black pickguard without people thinking you're a Gilmour fanboy?

>not being a Gilmour fanboy

how about you spend more than 10 seconds trying to play a chord retard. in the beginning there will be a lot of trial and error with finger placement. if you arent getting the desired sound adjust your method

I am a Gilmour fanboy, but I don't want people to think I am.

put a rosewood neck on it

I'm not having any luck mate lol

gross
post a picture of your fingers playing a d chord if you really cant adjust them properly

1/2

2/2

getting mad fret buzz on my top two strings out of nowhere

are you pressing your fingers down? i dont know why your strings are muted that looks fine. maybe your palm is pressing against the strings? try angling your hand away from the fretboard

Fuck people

I'm barely pressing on them. Just tried that, still no luck. This is very frustrating.

I bought a used Ibanez iceman ic400 about four days ago from reverb. Seller promised no dings or scratches and that the hardware is all original. I paid about $675 for it (2006 version). I know I could have gotten a better deal but I wanted it badly. Have any of you anons played or owned one/ still does? Did you mod it and in what way?

Wow an Ibanez that isn't ugly as shit

I attached a dragon dildo to mine. It really helps you get that vintage tone.

press HARD. As hard as you can until it hurts really bad. Until you get callouses youre going to be in pain when you play

overkill m8

You trolling?

A tele with a p90 and 3 single coils. I need to hear this. Please demo each setting for me.

Here is the picture from the seller. So this is what to expect.

Dragon dildo adds too much buzz to my guitars.

Would you trust this headstock in a gigbag?

Whoops, I used the wrong image.

nope

you really are retarded. maybe try the recorder

Lmao I did for music class in elementary. Retard or not, answer the question please.

It will help bring some natural clipping to your tone, you're missing out.

No I'm not trolling. Guitar hurts at first. PRESS DOWN HARD MOTHERFUCKER.

You forgot to mention behind the frets as well but thanks I love you

What is the cheapest parlor that doesn't sound rubbish?

so i play mostly in E Aeolian/G Ionian. i figured out all the major and minor seventh chords with the root note on the sixth, fifth and now also the fourth string. are there any pointers or directions i could take that anyone can think of as i am tiring of the sound.

i particularly would like to incorporate some different notes in my melodies for extra 'flavour', i was able to use an Eb note in the melody of a song i wrote in E Aeolian and would like to expand on this concept.

Please rate
clyp.it/bj2nni34

No. If you press down too hard, the note will actually come out around 1/8th above pitch. Try it for yourself, and then don't listen to this tard.

Post order confirmation or you're a faggot.

Try playing with the position of your thumb.

What's your go-to pedal for thick and heavy as fuck fuzz? So far the Earthquaker Cloven Hoof is the heaviest I've found.

>tfw I'm probably the richest one here with $300k in the bank
>tfw noone should even care

Oh ok

It's solved now, I didn't know I had to press down with my tips. Lol I'm retarded, I know.

tfw your friend brings you a sticker of your waifu all the way from Japan and the only place you can think of putting it is on yr bass but stickers on instruments look fucking gay

What you did there is harmonic minor substitution, that gets done a lot even in chord progressions (e.g. in the minor V→i cadence, that is B7→Em in this case).
If you're getting bored of playing in the same two modes of the same key, well why not try other modes and other keys? It's as simple as that. Different keys might be more of a bitch to play in in regards to being able to use open strings but Am/C is probably the most comfortable to play in so I'd go there next. Of course stuff is going to sound boring if every song is in the same mode and key.

You could also try playing different modes over some of the chords as opposed to the ones they're naturally associated with. For example on a Gmaj7 in the key of G you could try playing lydian instead of ionian (which you would normally do on Cmaj7 in that key), any minor mode (dorian, phrygian, aeolian) for any m7 chord or even try some more exotic scales that fit the chords.

>from a very famous band
>slash
i feel saddened for you that your music is literally the soundtrack of trailer park "parties".

>tfw your petty insult bounces off slash because in their prime it was national and cemented in rock history

>any pointers or directions
phrygian dominant.

welcome to the meth lab
we got propane tanks

GnR Live in Tokyo 1992 is Slashkino he genuinely does play some lovely leads

>finally played the third stone from the sun riff all the way through
fuck why is it so simple yet so difficult

well yeah but this guy isnt even pressing hard enough to make sound so extreme measures are needed

Of course that's going to be muted, you're just touching the strings, not pressing them against the fretboard. There's no need to press down on it with herculean strength like that other dude implies, you need to find the sweet spot between pressing so little that it's muted and pressing so much that it gets bent out of tune.