What would you rate this album out of 10?

What would you rate this album out of 10?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=odkyQlgJWM0
youtu.be/dDue183YvpA
youtu.be/uvug9_xljlY
youtu.be/pEK-MREzHDI
youtu.be/4a7Tv6U-pi8
youtu.be/ZSP25VbzE3s
youtu.be/iJznmG5D-7I
youtu.be/5VzadkLSbyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SyM-Jh2OsG8
youtube.com/watch?v=MXec6yYEX1k
youtube.com/watch?v=E6bAop40T1g
youtube.com/watch?v=14a5QayuUCQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-UWzgr3FV4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0aaaSNXxZFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

9.8/10

While it is in my top 5 albums of all time I don't think I will ever find a perfect 10/10 album

>New Sweet Trip album never

Godfucking dammit

Video games are art

youtube.com/watch?v=odkyQlgJWM0

under rated sweet trip kino

Objectively I'd say perfect presentation, great new elements, cohesive, alright relation to era, impeccable replay ability, great musical statement and good emotional honesty. Personally a 10

like 3

I didnt really get it :\ /10

listen back to it in 6 months

not my cup of tea/10

8.5, the good parts are godlike, the bad parts are really quite annoying. this is coming from a huge fan of this album and sweet trip in general

9/10

10/10 it's incredibly rich and inventive in so many ways

people like you are the most annoying faggots on this board

>the bad parts are really quite annoying
There are literally no bad parts. Design 1 is not a bad part.

LOL, you posted on my old thread!

But I give it a 9/10. I thought it would be some horribly inaccessible avant-garde album, but a lot of it sounds like Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

I've listened to the album probably close to 50 times, so i'd have to say 10/10

Any albums that you guys consider as good as VDC?

I really liked YWNKW too.

it's like xanopticon and plus tech squeeze box collaborated on an album

lmfao, you are joking

What parts? I agree that some of glitches could 100% be taken out, but i can't think of a section of a song i would consider terrible

9.5/10. One of the only albums I had to quit halfway through and listen to the rest the next day cause I was so overwhelmed.

>plus tech squeeze box

why does everyone relate them to Sweet Trip? I love both, but really can't see that much of a comparison

Solid 8. Pretty much what I want out of music at most times

lol

>the bad parts
which ones out of curiosity?

>the bad parts are really quite annoying
>annoying
the glitchy moments? are those annoying?

Did you guys know they’re practically giving away CDs on their bandcamp page? For 5 dollars a piece plus shipping and handling, you too could get in on such a fantastic deal.

9, one of my all time favorites desu

40 minutes later. Nevermind. This is gold. It's just the first track 'Tekka' gave a bad first impression.

Have you listened to Candy Claws?
Similar vein of dream pop, but there's no glitch influence. I'd say it's my other favorite for the genre.

You're that one cunt from the Xmas thread, huh?
Fuck off.

the true Sup Forums gem

Tekka is pleb filter desu

What? I just ordered mine and wanted everyone to know about it. I know we all have extra Christmas money, so why not spend it on a new V:D:C CD?

So much deadweight but 8/10

I already know and love this too.

i think all the songs are inherently great songs, but I do think they meander a bit. Velocity and Fruitcake and Cookies could be cut a bit shorter, Design: I could be taken out completely in my opinion. doesn't add anything of substance. and i may be alone here, but i really am not a fan of Fruitcake and Cookies past *BREAKDOWN BABY*

Would you make me die in your hands?

When I first heard it in 2014 after seeing it in one of these threads- 7/10
Revisiting it in 2016- 8/10
Revisiting it in 2017- 9/10

It makes more sense everytime I come back to it, so goddamn good. This is one album Sup Forums got right

Perfect fucking 10/10
There is nothing that sounds like it and nothing will sound like it for the foreseeable future. It truly is a shame the they abandoned this sound on YWKNW (still a great album) and probably for the rest of time.

4/10, don’t see the appeal past Chocolate Matter.

Sweet Trip isn't running a viral marketing campaign on Sup Forums

9/10
Besides the pleb filter its overall a solid album with a lot of creativity through out

It really should have been tighter. even the bands acknowledges this. didn't need to be an hour long. 45 min tops.

I wish they were, there’s simply not enough praise for this epic band.

The only songs that really needed a bit of shortening are Velocity and International, and even then I still fucking love Velocity.
I could see an argument for cutting a bit off of fruitcake and cookies too.

7.5/10
I love shoegaze but I'm not a fan of Sup Forums's shoegaze cult classics (the ones everyone posts that isn't MBV, Slowdive, Ride)

this 2bh

I hated it at first, warmed up to it after the 5th or so listen

7/10

kind of quiet and understated for a shoegaze album and more silly and fun than most glitch electronics albums of the time but that's the charm of it. it doesn't fit in anywhere and both of these styles had a mainstream reemergence that was bigger than either was originally so this is the perfect album for now and probably an album that made no sense when it was released. the flow of the album where it switches between styles and eventually toys with various combinations of them and all the more indulgent experiments and looser song structures are near the end of the album with the most conventional songs at the start of the album makes for a fun ride, it's surprising the first time you listen to it and on later listens it still pulls you in gradually so you feel like you've travelled somewhere during the course of it (like a drug trip duh)

t. mad about Sup Forums enjoying something

idk I loved it immediately

It's just a bit too glitchy and overwhelming if you go into the album expecting loveless-esque, hypnotic shoegaze and get welcomed by Tekka

meant to reply to

good post user. out of curiosity whats an example of a 10/10 album for you?

for me 8/10 and 9/10 albums are albums with high replay value and an especially important quality is that once i put it on i have a hard time tearing myself away and feel compelled to listen to the whole thing because i know the good part is coming up, and once that's over there's another part i'm looking forward to, right up until the end.

a 10/10 album is an album that may have those qualities or may not but has an impact on the way i approach music and changes the way i hear and relate to music and are not necessarily the most immediately enjoyable or replayable

i know this sounds backward but it's what i save the 10/10 distinction for since i feel like those albums are in a league of their own

10/10 my favorite album

People have trouble comprehending this album because it is so long, yet every part of it is so consistently good.

I like Spirit Youth more

Didnt read but agree with the score that razor album is better

Someone needs to make an electrogaze chart. Or, "I listened to Sweet Trip and loved it. What now?" chart

Fuck it, i'll do it.

What should i put on it?

>7/10 objectively
That's not how objectivity works, user.

Just the more electronic, glitch-y songs in the game; they give off a quirky, esoteric and colorful vibe.
youtu.be/dDue183YvpA
youtu.be/uvug9_xljlY
youtu.be/pEK-MREzHDI
youtu.be/4a7Tv6U-pi8
youtu.be/ZSP25VbzE3s
youtu.be/iJznmG5D-7I
youtu.be/5VzadkLSbyQ

no more than 5/10

it might be best to do a flowchart sort of thingy, rather than an essentials chart
>I want more ambient techno beats with walls of guitar
Seefeel - Quique
Isabel's Dream - Monomara EP
Slowdive - 5 EP
>Is trip-hop shoegaze a thing?
Bowery Electric - Beat
>chiptune??????
Deprecation Guild - In Her Gentle Jaws

ask /shugazi/ when it pops up again, I only know so much

Sup Forums is one person

I cant thank you guys enough for showing me this record.
Also have you guys checked out their unreleased stuff? They were so consistent that even their most simplest contributions on the Darla compilations are decent.
youtube.com/watch?v=SyM-Jh2OsG8

I absolutely love their non-album songs
Noise is a Social Skill is one of my favorites.
>youtube.com/watch?v=MXec6yYEX1k
I'd kill for a Sweet Trip album that sounded like this song.

Oh and btw if you don't see in that picture that's Cornelius and Takako with Club 8 with Sweet Trip.

It's a cool concept with a very unique blend of sounds. The execution leaves quite a bit to be desired.

MUSIC IS A HEART BEAT - ''Wayoutt''(Prod. by Hvy) ''Toronto hip Hop'' Artist Hvy Unreleased Audio Track live FROM ''the 6IX'' Send US some Feedback Leave a comment please and thank you . ‘’Subscribe’’

youtube.com/watch?v=E6bAop40T1g

. -''Waiting''(Prod. by Hvy) Unreleased Audio Track ! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK?.. ‘’Subscribe’’
youtube.com/watch?v=14a5QayuUCQ

Absolutely great track I was thinking if this was gonna be a bonus track on VDC.

Dude fuck off, go shill to your social media shithole of preference or something.

>Living in Toronto
I'm really sorry for you user.

That isnt sweet trip, is it? They all look awfully different to the chocolate matter video

This is a picture of the band

2 of their best tracks are unreleased imo

youtube.com/watch?v=-UWzgr3FV4Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0aaaSNXxZFA

valerie is on the top left and i think roberto was cutoff from the picture

9/10 my cd copy of it comes in today

I wish they'd do a vinyl print of VDC so bad, I don't ever buy CDs, but I doubt Darla records or the band even care about printing the album at this point.

he said it! the madman

are you this dickweed?
If so, what do you have against this album?

>73 minutes runtime
ahaha wow

Nah I'm not. I just really like the album. I also got not available and thunder perfect mind on vinyl. Wish velocity had a vinyl

>More glitch, more indie
Múm - Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today is OK

can someone please make a bootleg of all of their singles?

Probably a strong 9, but it could improve on further listens.

THIS TIME MAYBE IT'S TRUE

5-6/10
Overrated meme album

What 5 dollars? It's 10 euro without the shipping for me

For me it was $8 plus $3.99 shipping

I thought it was 5, 8 is way too much for one reprinted CD.

:/10

Favorite album of all time so subjectively 10/10, objectively probably 7,5-8/10