Letterboxd /lbg/

Old thread got archived.

letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/
Synt, you wanted to know my thoughts on is paris burning and scent of green papaya?

Papaya is one of those rare films where saying that I felt dozy, drowsy, trancelike, sleepy watching is actually a compliment, the film puts you in a trancelike, really relaxed state on top of looking gorgeous. I also liked how low key the drama was.

Is paris burning isn't as bad as people say it is although its still not a amazing film.
There are alot of great actors in this but the performances aren't much and they don't get enough screentime, its also kind of unevenly paced and overly long. Felt like a french film through a hollywood lens, it was jingoistic but in a mostly fun way throughout and I liked the little moments/outburst of action.

Black bread isn't as stylish as moon child or glass cage, nor is it as terrifying as glass cage and the narrative is kind of wonky at at times with a rushed ending, some of it feels a bit underdeveloped. But its still an unsettling, uncomfortable, solid allegory for post war Spain and a grim take on the coming of age genre through loss of innocence, loved how it kind of felt horror-esque while not actually being a horror film. really want to watch la Mar now.

Le reine margot was a massive disappointment for me, sure it looked gorgeous but it assumed far too much pre-knowledge from the viewer, was obnoxiously acted and adhd paced, additionally I thought it was fairly shallow.

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/Spiral_Mountain/
letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/
youtube.com/watch?v=0nkg_xAHeZw
letterboxd.com/machill54/
letterboxd.com/machill54/list/list-of-movies-that-everybody-has-seen-but/
caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=649&y=410&d1=8943&d2=9085&s1=86068&s2=87583&l=1&i=6&go=1
letterboxd.com/nuts/
letterboxd.com/mingliang/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

stop making these threads

letterboxd.com/Spiral_Mountain/

Help me appreciate Die Hard. I feel like I'm missing out.

>letterboxd.com/Shao_liu_ringon/
the graduate is considered a comedic classic?

what did you think of Beetlejuice?

what did you think of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century?

>what did you think of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century?
Fell flat about midway; i thought the boyfriend sequence was a bit rushed also. 4.5/5

seems like fun

Criterion really dropped the ball again on these covers. I hope they turn out like most of their other ""restorations"": shit.

That'd be a hard call as I haven't seen the film since childhood.

SUSPIRIA WHEN

From Synapse? idk but they've been at it all year already

haha holy fuck Before Midnight is terrible. it's like someone tried to draw Brad Pitt at a weird perspective.

youtube.com/watch?v=0nkg_xAHeZw

sometime in February looks like it.

What's your AOTY /lbg/?

music is for n*ggers and children

Yuri on Ice!!

letterboxd.com/machill54/

I was out having a steak

I also watched Die Hard for the first time this week, it's so unbelievably good. I think the love for it comes from being an impressive action film that's extremely fucking funny. The narrative device of that radio also gives it this really cool cat and mouse feeling that still feels pretty fresh and unique. On top of that you have Bruce giving one of the most charismatic performances of all time and snape's performance as the villain is also one of the greatest in all movies. I think ultimately the only way I can see someone not really enjoying it is if the humour doesn't click and that's fine if it doesn't I guess

ooooooops forgot pic

>I also watched Die Hard for the first time this week
>for the first time
>the first time this week

Grandfeathered

at least he liked it

letterboxd.com/machill54/list/list-of-movies-that-everybody-has-seen-but/

There are still 10 on this list that I haven't seen.

dunno, what's Sup Forums's favourite?

I-I need to s-see this...

To be loved means to be engulfed in flames. To love is to give inexhaustible light. To be loved is to pass away. To love is to endure.

the only one there you need to see is Chinatown. the rest can screw off.

i've stopped thinking movies can be good after i started watching gilmore girls

ma nigga. Amy is a better writer than anyone currently in Hollywood.

soon you'll be a Paris loving degenerate like the rest of us...

forgot webm

lorelai is best girl

>Citizen Kane

Stop making /lbg/ threads

That's an awful op. Don't make /lbg/ threads again, you're too autistic for it and can only write these badly formatted wts

Calm down Mr. /r9k/eddit

who??

where the lbg gorls

just for that I'm gonna make sure there's at least lbg thread at any given time. heck, I might make two threads at once just to tick you off

Is it true that all Sup Forums patricians have moved on to Letterboxd and don't ever come here?

what do you think is our glorious pm's fave movie

The Iron Lady

The Cockold

literally what has she done except for appointing that nonce Boris Johnson as Foreign Secretary.

Brexit means Brexit etc etc.

>implying that isn't one of the best thing any pm has ever done
>implying she doesn't have the most swag ever

i should check this out, is it biased against her?

>say scarabea is one of my most anticipated subs
>randomly gets subbed today
oh boy

No it isn't based against TMay ;) Nor it is against Thatcher.
Very compassionate, but standard biopic

will watch thanks m8y

tsar wants a Theresa May-December romance ;)

i'd infiltrate her cabinet if you know what i mean

aaaaaaaa extermination angel is on criterion on bluray at last!!!

wtf punch drunk love n dekalog too what a time to be alive!!

Dekalog came out like crap, get/download the Arrow one

It didn't really. It's very good, but then came the Arrow one and it was even better

>extermination angel

caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=649&y=410&d1=8943&d2=9085&s1=86068&s2=87583&l=1&i=6&go=1

idk about you but dark gray blacks drive make me want to m*ssacre a shopping mall

even the minimal meme Criterion cover makes me angry

Yeah, that cover was shite. Why the hell to choose such a poor work with obvious and cheap symbolism? And then a mubi faggot cream himself with it sm.h

hello my /lbg/ friends

how are you all today

A Bride for Rip Van Winkle was good! i really enjoyed it. but i also need to rewatch it soon.

I downloaded it months ago when it was on Freeleech and never got around to it but since all the Discordniggers watched it I don't want to see it anymore

Bit too early today, steakembryo. Just attempt in this date then

okay friend, but you're missing out.

I agree. Things feel dirty when discord fags touch them

Why even S&S has to play by this music? Fuck muh diversity, just treat them as films and directors, reeeeeeeeee

Well on the bright side we don't have to worry that much because collectively they haven't seen shit

/patsarfola

Wow that's just harmful. Getting participation trophies just for not being a white male? Pitting people against each other just because of their sex/race?

What are some CHRISTmas movies?

tfw brexit now means a red white and blue brexit

letterboxd.com/nuts/

>what do you mean my daughter can't draw? this looks amazing. Don't worry child we are going to use your beautiful drawins as the covers because you are so talented. And you better apologize to her.
>thank you daddy!!!

Skeleton Tree and Sleep Cycle

*farts*

Epin humor dropout_cuck!!

*punches the fart boy in the nose*

I have 55 minutes to watch something

who the fuck cares about criterion? To me it just seems like materialist bs. I can just watch movies in 480p online, who actually cares.

>I can just watch movies in 480p online
embryo

im not tho

Just shitpost on Sup Forums. Times goes faster this way

*farts in your dick*

>who the fuck cares about criterion? To me it just seems like materialist bs
That's because you're stupid. Lots of people care more about cinema than a simply a flick-watching hobby.
>I can just watch movies in 480p online, who actually cares.
Yes, you can, but usually better can be done, and there's plenty people interested in doing so.

Yes, you are. Just a dumb embryo.

letterboxd.com/mingliang/

Wendy and Lucy was pretty cool
Considering watching the other Reichardt flicks I have here but I have a four page essay due tomorrow and I still need to finish watching Ginger Snaps

Criterion is overrated shit, I hate how they put blue in every fucking timing, I hate their macroblocking shenanigans, and I especially hate this horrid covers.

>2016

>Criterion is overrated shit...
no

Reminder that steakbro gives "Certain Women", a 2016 released film directed by Kelly Reichardt, fives stars a.k.a 10/10

reminder that you are obsessing over a user on a film rating website

Why? That's a simple statement. And this isn't a film rating website. Why are you hurt?

>yurohammed hours

MY GOD, WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING CRITERION!?

This people of a country/continent = hours thing is just statistical bullshit

what's wrong with giving a 2016 release a perfect score? are you some kind of embryo that only gives 5/5 ratings to old, canonized flicks out of insecurity?

i give everything fours

>if someone gives 10/10 to films out of this century they are obviously insecure little babies doing so out of pressure
Pathetic

>strawman
again, what's wrong with giving a 2016 release a perfect score?

pls do not respond to anons posting about me

thank u in advance

>56 films watched this year
You didn't earn the right to speak, embryo

>accuses me of strawman
>made an infinitely bigger one
It's too soon for such immense praise when it's not an unequivocal masterpiece, and those are decade-rare. Some time for digestion is always important

What do you expect? He's the same faggot embryo who thinks Fury Road is one of the greatest films of all time.