Star Trek Discovery

>"Star Trek: Discovery" Casts Klingon Trio
>No Worf

STD confirmed DOA

>hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-discovery-casts-klingon-trio-955355

Why would Worf be here? This takes place before TOS.

>CBS All Access drama

so it's not on regular TV??

Because Worf is awesome and time travel is well established in the Star Trek universe. Worf already traveled back to the TOS era in the DS9 episode Trials and Tribble-ations

The Pilot will air on CBS then they'll paywall the rest of the series as their moon falls out of the sky.

Did they ever explain why Klingons have multiple sub-species?

I'm pretty sure they explained it in Enterprise but I'm not entirely sure because I don't really watch that show. I know they at least addressed it in DS9.

Also grandpa worf was a Klingon lawyer back in TOS times as we see in Undiscovered Country

it was just a new costume in the movies/TNG.

DS9 made a joke about it. EU and ENT went full autism and invented a back story involving genetic engineering

ENTerprise
"The Augments"
4x04-06

Pretty sure he meant why are Klingons perfect analogues to the human subspecies.

Just like there are Bajorans who look exactly like people from China with a nose piece on.

#notmystartrek
#noworfnopeace

Species are just a social construct.

This is Clem Fandango, can you hear me?

I wonder how Hollywood would try to call us racist white men for saying std is shit with no Worf.

>STD
Did this really not come up any of the naming meetings?

Fuck Worf.

>muh klingon warrior
>muh honor
>the gay pilates he always does and forces others to do

>>the gay pilates

That was so clearly supposed to be a version of Tai-Chi which I recall was a big thing back in the 90s.

I just remember seeing infomercials late at night with David Carradine doing that weird shit thinking "what the hell does that do to stop an attacker?"

>Obi will star as T'Kuvma, the Klingon leader seeking to unite the Klingon houses; Latif is set as Kol, the commanding officer of the Klingons and protégé of T’Kuvma; and Chieffo will portray L'Rell, the battle deck commander of the Klingon ship.

Sounds like literal fan fiction. Also I 100% guarantee they will turn Klingon "Houses" into those exactly like Game of Thrones.

>black alpha male, muzzie and white woman

this is getting badly predictable at this point

>white woman

Quit fucking whining, Chieffo is some sort of Native/Portuguese deal

>portuguese
>not white

american education etc.

Blacked AND browned, truly amazing. Not a white man in sight, we're slaying those dinosaurs!

>mfw I sparred a guy who did "advanced tai chi"

lit him up like a christmas tree

Could always be another of his ancestors. Like Colonel Worf who defended Kirk in Undiscovered Country.

Why did they have to make this a prequel, WHY

YES

YES

YES

YEESSS

YEAYS

YEAHS

What do you think the ratio will be for original episodes to remakes of old ones?

>black
>Muslim
>woman

Here we go again.

There's a TNG episode that explains why everyone is humanoid, if that's what you mean

Insider here. There will be no remakes of previous episodes.

>Also I 100% guarantee they will turn Klingon "Houses" into those exactly like Game of Thrones.

This might actually work if they weren't behind some shit-tier paywall and on HBO.

Plus, what you first said, it comes out of nowhere whereas with TNG they did a good job of carefully bringing the Klingons and their various higher ups into the storyline.

And does anything come from it other than the weird quasi-liberal "aesop anvil" of "see, despite our differences, we can all come together and work together, because at the end of the day our species are all the biological experiments of a long-dead race of whom we are the degenerated remnants".
So deep.

>Sounds like literal fan fiction. Also I 100% guarantee they will turn Klingon "Houses" into those exactly like Game of Thrones.

They kind if already were though. TNG introduced them as just a bunch of dishonorable backstabbers vying for control of the High Council.

Actually the races who found out buried the truth and hated each other more.

cant believe that called it std. fucking hell.

>portuguese
>not white

Not according to Sup Forums at least.

Filename related.

HBO is a shit tier paywall, moron, and it will work whether you like it or not fucking poorfag who isn't willing to pay less than 70 cents per day to support a new fucking Star Trek series.

Don't ever mistake yourself for a Trekkie. You are NOT a fan.

>HBO is a shit tier paywall, moron
Whoa, whoa, calm down Captain Cantankerous, I was referencing the "Game of Thrones" line he talked about. Ya'know, appealing to another demo or crowd is business as usual.

>and it will work whether you like it or not fucking poorfag who isn't willing to pay less than 70 cents per day to support a new fucking Star Trek series.
You are funny. I have no need for a pay service when it's for 1 series that I probably won't like and we'll likely be able to find elsewhere to determine if it's worth paying for.

>Don't ever mistake yourself for a Trekkie. You are NOT a fan.
Oh, you were just pretending. Thanks for the read, user.

That's my secret, user. I'm always pretending.