Now that the dust of 2017 has settled

Now that the dust of 2017 has settled,
let's talk about the most disappointing albums of the year.

Pic related
Awful production

i havent listened to but guessing its a shoegaze album, it is going to sound distorted and fuzzy

nah
That's the problem
it's clean and flat, recorded and put together in protools as well

The production is actually quite fucking good that just hinders what made some of their earlier work so great.

>new Arca sucked
>new Machine Girl was terrible
>new Iglooghost is a forgettable mess
>new Sophie singles are both retarded and not catchy
It was truly a terrible year for young meme electronic music artists. I was looking forward to each of them and was let down in every case.

You're very wrong. it's a 9/10.

Mac OS disappointed you?

Ive only listened to "Only Know Why" by them and i love it.

They don't have a song called Only Know Why.

Don't Know Why is by far the best on the new album

whoops yea that was the one i meant. Any other songs like that from them or others?

Just listen to Souvlaki. Unfortunately they don't really have other songs like Don't Know Why either in their older releases or on the new one.

For the new album, Everyone Knows and Star Roving are also fun and pretty but everything else is disposable.

It's grown on me. Yeah, It's too sleeky in comparison with their previous stuff, but the slowdive vibe still here. Just give it a couple more listens.

You didn't like the new Iglooghost?
I thought it was great, but not perfect.

The lyrics are awful

>new Machine Girl was terrible
D Є L Є T

No. Like I said I really wanted to, his previous release excited me with its originality but this new one felt like the same track chopped up over and over again. Production and arrangement wise I still respect and admire his ability, but I just don’t enjoy listening to it. Not saying it’s bad, I just don’t like it.

>japanese bonus track is one of the best songs
Should've switched it with the actual closer.

>he listens to a bjork album for the lyrics

Haven't agreed with a poster on Sup Forums more. What was your aoty?

That's a fair point user.

Either AFX’s extended Field Day lp or Bicep’s s/t which is weird because I don’t even like house. What is yours?
To add to my original post I was also let down by Tzusing’s new release.

Saw Slowdive a few months ago and the tracks off this album were surprisingly good live.

Pygmalion tracks were the highlights, but the new stuff surprised me. Also tracks from Souvlaki disappointed me, except for Dagger.

underrated

slowdive is in my top 5, possibly top 3

I think this year had as many disappointments as it did pleasant surprises.
Really bland too
I agree about Sophie major disappointment
This album was not as bad as aevery one made it seem. I actually liked it

Eminem - Revival
it has like 2 good songs (Framed and Castle) and that's it, rest is just Skylar, Rick Rubin and Alex da Kid shitting all over it. Man up Marshall.

Humanz, man. Having almost all your songs have guest artists can work, but not if you implement them like Albarn did.