Why does this look like the most generic, bland, boring, studio-driven, conveyor belt movie ever made?

Why does this look like the most generic, bland, boring, studio-driven, conveyor belt movie ever made?

The only bad thing is JLAW

Two meme actors in a serious movie?

>The only good thing is JLAW
ftfy

This

>The Martian was a huge success
>WE NEED MORE SPACE MOVIES
And here we are
It's clearly rushed as shit and they probably picked up whatever screenplay seemed bland as possible

>Why does this look like the most generic, bland, boring, studio-driven, conveyor belt movie ever made?
Because it stars two of the most generic, bland, boring, studio driven, convyeor belt acting "talents" we've ever seen

don't want to make the audience think too hard :^)

Looking at the development cycle, this could very well be true.

b-but it has zero gravity swimming

>Two big name actors with no chemistry
>A trailer full of dull shots of a ship
>A premise that would make for a lame short story, let alone a 90 minute feature, but there's an obvious twist they'll put at the end :^)
I don't know, maybe it will surprise me, but nothing about from looks interesting. It'll probably end up being like Oblivion: A decent movie that absolutely no one should care about or bother remembering

Oblivion was really pretty

This one doesn't even have going for it

IM ACTING

YOURE NOT LOUD ENOUGH

I think it's the whole obnoxious press tour and marketing that makes it feel that way
shame because the director is pretty talented

i actually hated hunger games because of the overacting by everyone especially jlaw

Is anyone else dying to get OFF this fucking space obsession?

I'll be fucking thrilled when capeshit/space is over with

He wakes her up on purpose. That's the big twist.

Thank me later.

So it's just...
That other movie about colonists woken up too early?
I forget the name.
It had Ben something in it
And Sam Neil

And it made it seem like they were turning into Ayys in the trailer

It actually goes back to Gravity, and Interstellar helped.

he's ok.

everything he's done is memorable but just barely

No aliens user. Just a shitty movie.

Overly emotional reactions and yelling are her trademark

Oblivion would have been great if the story was more modest, the clone shit was unneeded but the "aliens" aspect was good. It should have been about a small team of mercs/scavengers sent to kill them off and discovering that they are just humans who created mass hysteria through their cult-like ways.

Yeah, but watch the trailer for that movie again
It really made it look like they were turning into aliens

because jlaw is in it

Alex Becker is my favorite actor, don't talk shit about him.

But it doesn't.

JLAW is shite, and it looks generic, but nothing is ever more generic than sequels and capeshit.

You're right, but the movie was also bullshit in the way they showed the scavengers
Before we know what they are, they run around on all fours and have tentacles and shit
But when we find out they're human, they're just Mad Max poor people

To me it looked more like a poor Sunshine ripoff.

Pandorum. I think they just woke up too late and the crew were sabotaged/killed.

The ship looks kinda like the one from Sunshine, yeah, but the plot seems like Pandorum

>Gravity

More like the Star Trek reboot, which pretty much launched Hollywood's interest in space scific movies and probably resulted in the greenlighting of Gravity, Interstellar, The Martian, and Disney's push to buy out Star Wars and make more movies.

I think it looks pretty good. I'll see it
Although I am a sucker for sci Fi stuff

Say what you will about Jennifer Lawrence, but she has the best nudes.

But that's not a Marvel film, OP.

But her boobs are bliiiiind

So they must rely on sense of touch

HELP ME HELP ME

This seems a good thread to ask: anybody seen a horrifically shitty sci-fi movie about astronauts who wake up in their pods and oneof the pods has been ravaged by some alien? Like, a bunch of crew-members got fucked up and dragged into the space wilderness (Mars?) while they were sleeping? It's a really low-budget movie.

Also the main protagonist wakes up after dreaming he is choking on a big mac while hanging out with his son.

God I can't remember it

>director's not on the poster
That's why.

>ywn suck Chris Pratts hairy dick

Why live

>Why does this look like the most generic, bland, boring, studio-driven, conveyor belt movie ever made?

Because it will be

"Realistic" sci-fi is the flavor of the decade: Gravity, The Martian, Interstellar, etc. This is just more of that except with more 'love' and bonding

>tfw no great humanist/transhumanism films recently
>all we get are these meme flicks

Arrival is the only good sci-fi movie in the last 20 years

because it is....now stop giving it free press. let it fall into obscurity

jlaw and pratt literally can not act

shit taste

This is like the shitty bluray cover for the movie instead of an actual movie poster.