france > shitmany
french > germs

nieder mit frankreich! :D

Fake map.

Why is that piece of shit even called "holy roman empire"
was it irony?

it was a scheme to retain some papal political power over continental europe

> Investiture Controversy

>The precise term "Holy Roman Empire" was not used until the 13th century, but the concept of translatio imperii,[d] the notion that he held supreme power inherited from the emperors of Rome, was fundamental to the prestige of the emperor.[9] The office of Holy Roman Emperor was traditionally elective, although frequently controlled by dynasties. The German prince-electors, the highest-ranking noblemen of the empire, usually elected one of their peers as "King of the Romans," and he would later be crowned emperor by the Pope; the tradition of papal coronations was discontinued in the 16th century. The empire never achieved the extent of political unification formed in France, evolving instead into a decentralized, limited elective monarchy composed of hundreds of sub-units, principalities, duchies, counties, Free Imperial Cities, and other domains.[10][19] The power of the emperor was limited, and while the various princes, lords, bishops, and cities of the empire were vassals who owed the emperor their allegiance, they also possessed an extent of privileges that gave them de facto independence within their territories. Emperor Francis II dissolved the empire on 6 August 1806, after the creation of the Confederation of the Rhine by Napoleon.

tl;dr for most of their history the Empire was just good at getting on its knees in front of the Pope which is why it continued to exist. Eventually France and the Papacy decided the joke had gone on for long enough, so they destroyed it.

Alsatians are pushing quite a bit for bilinguism.

Maybe it will cover not only this, but all of eastern Europe and become part of greater Turkey

>The French did everything in their power to rebuild this

Only ambition can push men towards greatness

Best Ally :D

Too sad that Germany hasn't got Prusia nowadays tbqh

>Franktist
The Franks were Germanic

why sad?
germans are evil subhumans

pic related

No, they unironically thought they were holy, romans and that their pathetic territory was an Empire.

Autism. The original Franks were Germanic.

There is no such thing as "Original Franks", simply Frank is a Middle English word for French

Being butthurt will not change the reality, abofriend

Why didn't the French sweep into hispania, btfo the muslims, and leave the euros in peace?

>tfw no Prussian gf

French were always the greatest ally of Islam

We did btfo the mudshits, but the eternal german was waiting for its time.

We, French, hate white people especially Germans, English, and Americans

it is a punishment of Allah that you are now being invaded by our muslim brothers, un chat là

The Franks (Latin: Franci or gens Francorum) were a collection of Germanic peoples that originated in the lands between the Lower and Middle Rhine in the 3rd century AD and eventually formed a large empire dominating much of western and central Europe during the Middle Ages. The Frankish Empire ultimately led to the birth of modern France and Germany and thus the Franks are seen as the forebears of the French and German peoples (in addition to Austrians and some other European nations).[1][2]
you're an autist

are you actually retarded?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franks

>Franci or gens Francorum

Still mean French

>trying to appropriate Franks and Karl der Große

lol you are 1 ridic fellow bro ;)

>a wikipedia page

Here is another wikipedia page

1300 AD is after the franks got assimilated with the gauls
so quite another timeframe than the carolingian empire you just posted

It was a empire legitimized by the pope in Rome, therefore both Holy and Roman, the technicalities of empire is something that can be discussed for ages, but I'd claim that the Holy Roman Emperor had more agency over the landmass he ruled over than Alexander, Augustus, Ögedei Khan, Suleiman I or George V ever had over theirs.

>the franks got assimilated with the gauls

Where you there when the so-called "assimilation" happened or are you just inventing thing to fit your narrative, batavian friend ?

You really don't seem to understand.

France and the French developed form the Franks.

Saying that Franks and French are the same is like saying humans and apes are the same because they had the same precursor.

It's a bit odd to see two people have a argument where they both make correct but unrelated points.

French means Frank, end of story, on the dialect. The Franks were German, end of story.

>they had the same precursor
Except that Clovis would have called himself a French if he know English
>French means Frank

You're confusing yourself, Danish friend

Frank is an old word for French

>The Franks were German, end of story.
The drug that you consume at Christiania damaged your brain, Danish Friend

Germans aren't French

>triggering the "Franks were french" guy

It took me a long time to clean his wikipedia adds and vote to remove the meme page he made.
It was a full page of "french (ethnic group)" kek the autism

The Holy Roman Empire was just too good for its time. They couldn't compete with centralized shitholes from without, like the Soviet-like France, and from within, like Prussia.

The best thing that has happened in Germany since 1946 is getting rid of Prussian identity.

This isn't the HRE you dumb roach

There are still people in Germany that call themselves Franks idiot, the word comes from the same place and has the same meaning.

And I didn't say Germans are French, I said the French come from the Germanic people that was called the Franks. The French are a cultural stew where German was one of the ingredients.

And Clovis would not call himself French, numbskull. He would have either called himselv A. Salian, that was his cultural background or B. Roman, because that's what he aspired to be.

Prussia was made relevant only because of one faggot

Wrong. Prussia had a long proces of ascention to great power status between the thirty years war and the seven years war. At worst it was made a great power by 4 faggots (of whom only one was an actual faggot).

>The best thing that has happened in Germany since 1946 is getting rid of Prussian identity.

>There are still people in Germany that call themselves Franks
I know the Franconians, these are French tribemen that migrated from Rhineland towards Thuringia at the time of the Merowingians.

>And I didn't say Germans are French, I said the French come from the Germanic people that was called the Franks. The French are a cultural stew where German was one of the ingredients.

It is the contrary, German are composed of Germanic, Slavic and French(Franconian) elements. French are an unmixed pure race that exist since at least 3th century AD.

>And Clovis would not call himself French, numbskull. He would have either called himselv A. Salian, that was his cultural background or B. Roman, because that's what he aspired to be.

Salian is the name of his tribe, but the name of his people is French

As for the Salian Franks their land was in French speaking area, the only exception being the Flemish that are probably Frisian colonists.

>You'll never use your dreyse needle gun to remove baguette

>this delusional frog

I wonder if I can claim the vandals myself, I mean it's literally what's he doing, claiming the germanic barbarian tribe that invaded his country as his own

We wuz germanics too! I'm the son of Genséric!

t. Helmuth von Lewinski

Post your eyecolour I wanna see if you are a berber or a dirty maghrebi

Are you called Vandals, Ahcmed ?

The Vandals were tall, blond haired, and blue eyed people btw

> For they all have white bodies and fair hair, and are tall and handsome to look upon...[25]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vandals#Physical_appearance

You can claim that they are your ancestors but if you don't look like them and have nothing to do with them, nobody will believe you.

>claiming the germanic barbarian tribe that invaded his country as his own

>Franks invaded France
Algerian "education"

Untermensch is an old word for french.

Welschtirol?

Dad got green eyes but get the other genes.

But you literally study it at school at the "barbarian invasions" of the 5th,
so literally as a foreign invasion. (Fun fact: Describing those events as barbarian and invasion come from the post-1870 germanophobia that the french education created)

Franks invaded Gaul a lot before that, the Roman Emperor killed 400,000 of them in 277

And I was obviously joking, 70,000 vandals can't do much to the genepool millions North african. The same way few hundrend of thoudsand of Franks couldn't do much the the millions of people living in the Gaul they invaded.

At first the salian law forbid the race mixing between the germanic frankish conquerors and the gallo-roman but with time they mixed and many frankish noble families had those gallo roman blood. Some gallo roman families even pretended to be frankish.

>Untermensch

Ubermench *

Nieztsche admired the French, we we're the only people with the Romans and Greeks that carried an Higher Culture according to him

Nietzsche was a Voltaire-boo, lol.

Bourbon are Capetian, Capetian are Robertian, Robertian are Frankish from Austrasia, from Hesbaye, so they're germanic :D

>The Salian Law doesn't forbid racemixing

French did it

A Gallo-Roman woman named Deoteria tried to seduce one our king, but the king was forced to divorce her thanks to us

>a few thousand
Lol no

Even before Clovis there were already Franks in Gaul, Chamavi in Armorica, Cattuari in Franche-Comté, Poitou, and Lorraine, Salians in Orleans and Belgica

St Genevieve(Patron of Paris) herself was the daughter of a Romanized Frank

And Northern Gaul was depopulated by 80% (pic related)

Anyway, i'm not saying that all French are Franks just the Northern French

>Frankish

Calling Arabs "Semite" will not change the fact that they are Arabs

In the same way, calling French "Frankish" will not change the fact that they are French

Forgot the pic

>so literally as a foreign invasion. (Fun fact: Describing those events as barbarian and invasion come from the post-1870 germanophobia that the french education created)

Before 1789, French children learned how French tribes conquered Gauls. Education is relative and can change according to the dominant ideology

As for myself i only use primary sources, and accepted academic papers that show no biases against French, and these sources tell me that French are "Franks'(read French) and have nothing to do with Gauls

The homeland of the Franks is Benelux + Lorraine + Alsace + Rhineland. The rest of France is just gaul.

fix'd

WE WUZ smart

fuck you can see when the Jews migrated from Germany to the US

>Lorraine
Gauls

>Alsace
Allamans

>Rhineland
Gauls

You're mongrelized Gauls

>Benelux
Only true for Wallons aka French