Does this shit get better further in?

Does this shit get better further in?

I'm 30 minutes into it and so far it's just a very poor reimagining of the first film, how the fuck does this have a cult following?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FzOIHOjYcqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

because it is clearly much better?

>Posting on Sup Forums for a movie you're halfway through watching

They had to redo the first film because they lost the rights to the first movie, that's why it's called "evil dead 2" and not "the evil dead 2".

Saw it in the theater... If you don't get it now just give up.

If you can't even watch a fucking horror movie without having to stop to post in Sup Forums honestly you don't even like movies, you just like to shitpost about your superior taste.

Let me guess, no girlfriend?

How is this a horror movie lmfao it's not even scary, this is objectively trash compared to something like TCM

It's comedy horror. I can't remember what happens by the 30 minute mark, but the movie starts by recapping the events of the original and then continues on with the new story.

Just watched the Evil Dead trilogy for the first time a few weeks ago. I gotta say, Evil Dead 2 is easily better than the original, and Amy of Darkness was a huge disappointment.

I didn't like the original as much since I wasn't really sure what it was trying to do. It wasn't really scary, and I couldn't tell if it was being funny on purpose or what. It certainly wasn't making me laugh out loud, it was just making me try to figure out what the hell Raimi was trying to achieve. No website classifies it as a comedy. Since it wasn't funny or scary, all it had was a few memorable effects. I really do not see why it is so popular.

Evil Dead 2 is fucking great though. The comedy works flawlessly--it's actually a very funny movie, and it uses a lot of its gimmicky effects to achieve this. More focus on the only actual character, better writing, clearer scenes (it was pretty baffling how often people in The Evil Dead found themselves totally alone, even though the house is like 2 fucking rooms). The end product is something amazingly distinctive, and definitely worthy of cult-classic status.

How did that happen?

Guess you just have shit taste, OP

The funniest scene is where he's awkwardly running around the cabin in circles from the camera.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW

IIRC they trademarked "Evil Dead" but changed it at the last second to "The Evil Dead" and didn't change the paperwork.

>bunch of gay old ass movies with an introduction by some hack critic
>scary

Pick one.

>. It certainly wasn't making me laugh out loud, it was just making me try to figure out what the hell Raimi was trying to achieve. No website classifies it as a comedy. Since it wasn't funny or scary, all it had was a few memorable effects. I really do not see why it is so popular.

I love the first movie because it feels like I'm watching some crazy nightmare that somehow got captured on film. It's not a scary movie but the atmosphere and camera work are amazing.

>it's just a very poor reimagining of the first film

It really is a sequel, but the first seven minutes or so are a shaky and relatively unfaithful recap of the events of the first movie. They couldn't show scenes of the original due to rights issues and for a reason I don't remember instead of bringing in other actors to play Scott, Shelly, and Cheryl they just had Ash and Linda instead.

It's got a cult following mainly because it's a comedy/horror sequel with a bigger budget and because it introduces cocky, arrogant, one-liner Ash. AoD is when they also make him dumb.

>I really do not see why it is so popular.

It's simply an extremely creative horror movie. It's got a ton of neat camera tricks, the practical effects (particularly at the end) are bizarre but very unique, the demons don't seem to have a structured or organized purpose which contributes to the insanity, and it's a fantastic example of what can be done in a movie with not a lot of money but a lot of heart and good ideas.

>and for a reason I don't remember instead of bringing in other actors to play Scott, Shelly, and Cheryl they just had Ash and Linda instead.
Time and money. They didn't get the budget they had hoped for.

I figured that was the reason. And because of that there's still confusion about whether it was a sequel or a remake.

The original Evil Dead would have to be my favorite of the trilogy because of the pure amount of effort and talent it took to make on such a shoe-string budget. I still think the horror atmosphere is pretty intense to this day due to this. It's right up there with the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

ED2 is still good but it would've been a lot better if it was more of a one-man show with the Cabin fucking with Ash alone through the whole movie. The side characters feel like they're just there to give the movie a body count.

>and Amy of Darkness was a huge disappointment.
go fuck yourself

Not that guy but that statement does have some slight truth. AoD takes a slight downturn after the first 15-20 minutes. Everything up to Ash actually setting out to find the Necronomicon is great.

It really wasn't a very good movie.

>hey Ash, we're going to throw mannequins at you now, ready, Go!

>the whole pit scene
>Ash talking down to all of the primitive screwheads
>the windmill scene with the tiny Ash's terrorizing him
>him talking shit to his evil copy
>the graveyard scene with him mispronouncing the words
>Ash building a steam engine out of medieval tools and stuff in his trunk
>scottish bagpipe skeletons
I'll admit it goes a bit downhill once it becomes just a big fight scene but up until then it's gold

>these guys are evil and they are dead
>well I'm Evil Dead too

FUCK U RAIMI

>there's still confusion about whether it was a sequel or a remake.

Not anymore

youtube.com/watch?v=FzOIHOjYcqM

>Not anymore
Oh, but there is still confusion. Not from me, but this exact explanation has been given by Sam Raimi before in years past and people still ask if it's a remake or insist that it is every now and then.

Those people are really dumb

So The Evil Dead is public domain?

agreed

Funny how the new tv series doesn't have rights to the third movie.

And who knows who owns the rights to the various video games and comics.

>Evil Dead 3
>Theatrical ending is superior to original ending

Prove me wrong.

They do mention AoD in ep9

this, kek

not to mention the flashback of Ash and his car falling back in time

That's in ED2.

Except that Army of Darkness is obviously the best in the series.

that scene when his hand flips him off

They do it again in the last episode

No, it doesn't. It's exactly what you've described. It's also the worst of the trilogy, but the only reason people praise it is because it's the one they've seen first.

they got the rights by the second season

Army of Darkness is usually the one that people have seen first.

I'd say it's better than AoD but not as good as the original.