Motor/sp/ort - /missdirt/ Edition

CAMPING WORLD TRUCKS AT ELDORA; Super GT at Sugo; ARCA at Lucas Oil Raceway; NASCAR Xfinity and Cup Series at Indianapolis; Weathertech Sportscar Championship and Continental Tire Challenge at Lime Rock; DTM at Moscow

>Mazda partners with Team Joest for 2018 DP program
>Rosenqvist gets second Ganassi Indycar test

Tuesday, July 18
>CWTS final practice, no TV 2100 ET/0100 UTC (Wednesday)

Wednesday, July 19
>CWTS Keystone Light Pole qualifying, FS1 1700 ET/2100 UTC
>CWTS First Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS2 1930 ET/2330 UTC
>CWTS Second Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS2 1939 ET/2339 UTC
>CWTS Third Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS2 1948 ET/2348 UTC
>CWTS Fourth Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS2 1957 ET/2357 UTC
>CWTS Fifth Qualifying Race (10 laps), FS2 2006 ET/00006 UTC (Thurs)
>CWTS Last Chance Qualifying Race (15 laps), FS2 2045 ET/0045 UTC (Thurs)
>CWTS Race Eldora Dirt Derby (150 laps, 75 miles/40-50-60), Fox Business Network 2130 ET/0130 UTC (Thurs)

Friday, July 21
>NXS practice 1300 ET/1700 UTC
>NXS final practice 1500 ET/1900 UTC
>CTC Quali 1540 ET/1940 UTC
>WTSC Quali 1715 ET/2115 UTC
>ARCA Race Sioux Chief PowerPEX 200 presented by Jive (200 laps / 137 miles) 2100 ET/0100 UTC (Saturday)

Saturday, July 22
>SGT Quali 0110 ET/0510 UTC
>DTM Race 1 0843 ET/1243 UTC
>NCS practice, CNBC 0900 ET/1300 UTC
>CTC Race (120 mins) 1025 ET/1425 UTC
>NCS final practice, CNBC 1100 ET/1500 UTC
>NXS Coors Light Pole qualifying, NBCSN 1245 ET/1645 UTC
>WTSC Race Northeast Grand Prix 1505 ET/1905 UTC
>NXS Race Lilly Diabetes 250 (100 laps, 250 miles), NBCSN 1530 ET/1930 UTC
>NCS Coors Light Pole qualifying, NBCSN 1815 ET/2215 UTC

Sunday, July 23
>SGT Race (81 laps) 0130 ET/0530 UTC
>DTM Race 2 0748 ET/1148 UTC
>NCS Race Brantley Gilbert Big Machine Brickyard 400 (160 laps, 400 miles), NBC 1430 ET/1830 UTC

Other urls found in this thread:

racer.com/imsa/item/142404-mazda-team-joest-to-debut-in-2018
racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/142415-pruett-the-start-of-something-big?showall=1&limitstart=
twitter.com/landoncassill/status/887678245478465536
twitter.com/DaleJr/status/887696510024110080
youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJtnl_1bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1hvMsZwXH4M&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=_u9zFxctoIE
larrybrownsports.com/gossip/dale-jr-affair-amy-reimann-tommy-cook-marriage/17174
youtube.com/watch?v=Il-6xFX-Xyw
twitter.com/TeamHendrick/status/888030391298179072
youtube.com/watch?v=q7ugJZiZeHs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

racer.com/imsa/item/142404-mazda-team-joest-to-debut-in-2018

The Mosport race is the Mazda program's last race for 2017 as the transfer to Joest Racing is immediate. Cars will be sent to Germany for evaluation and development. Joest versus Penske should be exciting to see, along with any changes that get made by their competitors at WTR and ESM.

Spa in a week btw

will these ladies be there?

I don't see why not, I imagine the personal sponsors would cover the cost and it gives the old white men something else to ogle

Chase Briscoe apparently almost rolled his truck at Eldora

>DTM at Moscow
I didn't even want to watch tourers this weekend anyway

lots of wrecks in Truck practice

>"DPi is a much better prospective than anything else we could do," he said. "What about the WEC? Porsche is done. Toyota is done. Audi's pulled out. So what should we do? Buy two LMP2s and look for pay drivers? Not a chance."
spicy
racer.com/more/viewpoints/item/142415-pruett-the-start-of-something-big?showall=1&limitstart=

WEC P2 in IMSA still seems like a hot potato since the manufacturers aren't doing customer DPi just yet and might never.

>WEC P2 in IMSA still seems like a hot potato since the manufacturers aren't doing customer DPi just yet and might never.
As soon as ACO realise their formula can't go any further because teams are pulling out of LMP1 and that could mean the death of WEC (again), they'll let DPis race. Cap this.

>frogs accepting an american answer to a french-created problem
come on, son

>americans saving france.....again
why not?

j o e s t
o
e
s
t

Why is the truck race on Wednesday night and not Friday or Saturday? I can't go to a race on a weeknight.

>Fox Business Network

m/o/tor/sp/orts. Anyone here work as the window cleaner in the pit crew? I really want that job

>Landon making the world burn

twitter.com/landoncassill/status/887678245478465536

This is some top tier shitposting

Based Landon

>Single truck qualifying on FS1
>Heat races on FS2
>Race on Fox Business

>WEC P2 in IMSA still seems like a hot potato since the manufacturers aren't doing customer DPi just yet and might never.

And picking up a pair of WEC P2s are more money than the remaining privateers have ready to blow - being the first year of these new P2s existing, there were no used ones available in the offseason - maybe some WEC teams sell their shit (shit meaning any non-Oreca) this winter and those P2 cars get picked up (cheaply) by a would-be IMSA team. I say 'remaining privateers' because so many (Shank, Dyson to start) have effectively gone pro with some manufacturer-funded deal somewhere.

IMSA could help this by splitting the DPis into a manufacturers' championship and the WEC-specs into a teams' trophy, then there wouldn't be a "well if i cant get a Cadi DPi fuck it I'll just race GT3/protolites/whatever" logic to non-entrants who (probably correctly) don't think they can crack into the new top four:

Mazda/Joest
Acura/Penske
Nissan/ESM
Cadillac/everybody else

That's a fucking war about to happen.

how you want your broadcast senpai?

they don't just hire someone to wipe a window, that guy is probably someone who does more intensive work between sessions like replacing parts and changing setup

Pls watch our league.

twitter.com/DaleJr/status/887696510024110080

HAPPENING

What track is this?

Nvm

If not even we watch our own league, why should everybody else?

You know it's fucked when the broadcast itself is a commercial for Fox's additional networks.

>Benning faster than Coughlin
jesus cody

CAN'T STORM THE NORM

palindrome for benning win tonight

Yes I understand that, and Im going to school for it, but I want to be that specific guy to work on the electronics of the hybrid lmp1 cars, if it were ever to malfunction or break. And also wipe windows and headlights because thats my side hussle

what the actual fuck

Freisen has dead eyes

>This is tonight's Grand Marshal

youtube.com/watch?v=2tAJtnl_1bQ

IMPRESSIVE

>a fat little queerie sumbitch

top kek

>and we're back
>and we're gone again

Now that's a real racecar driver

nice

THE HARMONTOR

>pickup trucks racing on dirt is bumping international soccer

>running medium downforce

minimum wing is always the best its like they dont even have a simulator

how much slower are they than WoO and the like?

A lot

The trucks are running about 7-8 seconds slower than the WoO lap record. The trucks have 200-300 less horsepower, weigh 2000 lbs more, don't have staggered tires, and the downforce they produce is minimal in comparison.

In order to turn left, one must turn right

For comparison this is the King's Royal that was run there this past Saturday:

youtube.com/watch?v=1hvMsZwXH4M&t=0s

>/f1/ knows this little about their own tracks
lmao

Over/Under 5 times the winner tonight says "we parked it" in victory lane interview

Reminder that Freisen thinks Tony killed Kevin Ward on purpose.

Really?

Holy shit I want him to win now.

>Bryan Clauson died almost a year ago

They did the same thing when they put Busch and Cup races on FX back in the early 2000s. It was a different time though when there was still positive growth for cable subscribers.

streams?

youtube.com/watch?v=_u9zFxctoIE

>twitter.com/DaleJr/status/887696510024110080

Dale JR turned into an extreme cuck who let his wife talk him out of racing and into doing some garbage HGTV renovation show. In three years when they're divorced and she's ran off with some other guy (which is how she met dale in the first place, an affair), we'll be comparing her to Theresa or Yoko Ono.

larrybrownsports.com/gossip/dale-jr-affair-amy-reimann-tommy-cook-marriage/17174

Tony did. At the time the incident happened it was being discussed on Canadigua's message board (basically there was a shitposting forum for the 5-6 local tracks in the area all under one sprint car series) and all of the fans in attendance said tony's ego got the best of him, and then tried to high-tail it out of there before state troopers stopped them.

This is why tony's career took a nosedive immediately afterwards. Extreme guilt from killing the kid made him basically unable to function.

ELDORA RACETHREAD:

I'm a Dale Jr fan, but he should have retried when Steve did. He was shit before him and shit after him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Il-6xFX-Xyw

Friesen also cucked Tony and stole his girlfriend, who is now Friesen's wife, who is helping the Ward family with the lawsuit.

>Friesen wins the biggest race on Tony's track cucking him again

Please let this happen.

>don't have staggered tires

They do!

And at all tracks too. Its just a really small difference though

Yeah, you're right, I should have said "exaggerated" stagger

CRAP
TON

I do watch tho.

Is there any word on the program Rebellion is running next year?

So did I when it aired ocasionally on Globo.
But seriously, neither Globo nor CBA take it seriously, and it's supposed to be the top-tier national racing series. It doesn't generate much interest, and its most well-known drivers are F1 has-beens such as Barrichello, Pizzonia and Ricardo Zonta, plus shitters like Cacá Bueno and Ricardo Maurício who'd never fare better in another series.
The sad part? If Stock Car came to my city, I'd go there and watch it live.

HENDRICK ABOUT TO ANNOUNCE THE DRIVER OF THE 88 IN 2018 IN THE NEXT FEW MINUTES

EVERYONE GET THE FUCK IN HERE

twitter.com/TeamHendrick/status/888030391298179072

B O W M A N
O
W
M
A
N

WE'RE IN THE BEST TIMELINE

based, was worried it would be kenshit

Took them long enough

Told yall niggas it was gonna be Bowman. If they couldn't get Blaney or Larson, he's the only one that made sense not only for Rick, but also for Nationwide.

He'll inherit a big chunk of Jr's fanbase. Fantastic choice.

I would expect Nationwide to commit long term to the 88. Were prolly waiting for all of this to sort itself out.

Apparently Axalta finally came around on him lately and Nationwide was behind him after his performances last year so it really just came together fast.

Makes it interesting where plans are. Jimmie said he's not retiring even if he gets 8 but he's probably going to see out his contract which will probably be enough time for Byron to take the 48 if Lowes can get behind him. The 5, who knows. Paul Menard suddenly being the hottest free agent in town really upended silly season.

I had been thinking Bowman to the 88 in 2018 and Byron to the 5 in 2019 made the most sense. With Jimmie signing a new contract, I don't think there's anyone even on the radar to fill that seat when he retires.

At that point there could be current star drivers available to fill it.

I could see someone like Logano or Brad filling Jimmie's seat a few years down the road. An accomplished vet with a lot left in the tank.

Gordon fans realizing Jimmie will pass 93 wins

The revelation that it's Amy who is keeping Jr from racing in the clash next year makes it pretty obvious that she's the one who pushed him to retire. I thought he still wanted to do a few more years with the way he talked last year, even after his injury, but I bet Amy wants to start a family and doesn't want the dad to be a potato when he's 50.

dog fucking bless

bowman is an overrated meme

I think it's been getting better in quality IMO, while still have it's meme moments, like other drives running over tires during last race.

The problem really is interest, while the category itself actually tries via social media the mainstream media doesn't give two shits about it. I remember 2015 when they called a fuckload of drivers for a special race, including Prost's son, Villeneuve and some others i don't remember and the media didn't gave a shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=q7ugJZiZeHs

Also Curvelo is a top-tier circuit desu, even though the first race was meme as fuck since the circuit wasn't actually finished.

Thats great news

>Also Curvelo is a top-tier circuit

b-but my uncle in nascar swore it was brad

100% spot on
Joonyer's retiring was one of the stipulations in the pre-nup I'd be willing to bet

CAPTCHA: Elgin

BOWMAN BOWMAN BOWMAN
FUCK YES
I've been waiting for a guy to root for since Carl left.

Bowman 2018 natty confirmed

>Amy wants to start a family and doesn't want the dad to be a potato when he's 50
Is she wrong for wanting that?

But i'm curious to see this weekend's race and see how the circuit is finished because last year that race shouldnt happened.

Nope. With his history I'm glad he's hanging it up too. It'd be really sad to see Jr end up with issues down the road.

It's the smart thing, he shouldn't have gotten back in the car after his episode last year. He's obviously shook and a bad crash could mess him up even more than he was already set to be. He hasn't been a legitimate contender for a while.

They better get Bowman in an xfinity car. He shouldn't go into next season cold.

I'm amazed he hasn't been in one already. I get that he didn't have a spot in a cup car, but why wasnt he in Xfinity, or trucks, or literally anything?