Your country becomes Islamic!

What is your new Muslim first name?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6nm_RK2EdV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Greek

Khalid ibn al-Walid ibn Smith

you don't have to change your name unless it's unislamic

like if you name means something like "war", "death", "evil" or it's the name of a pagan god

I'd change my name to Jose Mehmet Al-Salim Bombadil Akbar or something like that

Yeah but it's cooler to have an Arab name tbqh

Ikibey

Aren't they all called Muhammad? Why do they do this? 90% of Christians don't name their kids Jesus, Jews don't name their kid satan, Buddhist don't name their kids Buddha, etc.

Iskander. Its the persian/arab version of Alexander and it sounds pretty badass

To express love for their Prophet tho 90% is an exaggeration

>Yeah but it's cooler to have an Arab name tbqh

nice
youtube.com/watch?v=6nm_RK2EdV0

The same as my current muslim name i guess

>Aren't they all called Muhammad
It's definitely the memest name but no, also women can't be named Muhammad

...in case of your country turning into an Islamic banana republic, of course

How do Arabs for telling people when they all have the same names?

>you don't have to change your name unless it's unislamic
doubt.png
And I mean, who defines what is islamic or un-islamic?

I also could have posted the original link. The joke works better when you say it as a simple post.

Daniel is in the Bible, is it in the Koran? Could Daniel be a Muslim name? Is there an Arabic equivalent? Dahnammed?

>who defines what is islamic or un-islamic?

the local Imam i imagine.

This is from a strict Islamic site

>Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Does a person who becomes Muslim have to change his name like George or Joseph etc?

He replied:

He does not have to change his name unless it is a name that reflects servitude to someone or something other than Allaah, but it is good to change his name to something better. So if he changes his name from a foreign name to an Islamic name, that is good, but as to whether it is obligatory, no it is not.

But if his name was ‘Abd al-Maseeh [= “slave of the Messiah”, a name common among Arab Christians; a similar name in English cultures would be “Christopher” -- Translator] or something of that nature, then he should change it, but if the name does not imply servitude to anything or anyone other than Allaah, such as George and Paul, etc., then he does not have to change it, because these names are shared by Christians and others. And Allaah is the Source of strength.

I know some Pakis and Indians called Danial or Daniyal (dunny-yal)

What about Michael or Daniel, they show servitude to God (el). Is this Jew name for God acceptable or must it be the Muslim name Allah?

So is it possible, that a name which was deemed okay by a Imam in a "more" secular society will be defined unislamic in an hardcore Islamic society?

Well my actual name is of "christian origin" which is seemingly listed as okay, but dunno if some nutjob will cut my head off nevertheless.

>Jose
>Not Josha
Top haram

I have never known any Muslims called Michael or Daniel (the way it's spelt+pronounced in the West) only heard Daniyal. The angel Michael is Mikail in Arabic, but I'm not sure if naming after angels is allowed in Islam, though there are some people named Jibreel. I don't know about El or Yhvh/yahweh. Only heard God referred to as Allah/God/Khuda(urdu)

Well before the Arabs became Muslim they were pagans and had the usual Arab names Khalid/Amr/etc. so I think it would be fine. Some converts change their names because they themselves want to seem more 'Islamic' but it's not necessary

Shams ad-Din Muhammad al-Hydi

Now I don't know what to call myself. I can't keep Daniel lest I be confused with a Paki.
Recommend an Islamic name please.

They do this because they think a future "messiah"-like caliph will be named Muhammed, and they think it'll be their kid.

Djibril, some lebanese friend told me it's my name in Arabic

I think Zain and Sufyan are nice

I'd probably go for "Haytham" which means like young eagle.

Micheal Flanders

What does Sufyan mean?

the triggerer of shias

Mohammed

If anyone insults me I'll have him flogged for blasphemy

muhis ali-ylärinne

Brudi Öztürk Al-Offenbachi

>Dimitri

meh, knew a guy named angel, he was a total cunt.

Elias or Hamzeh

Έχω τρία αρχίδια

Hamdan, you keep the "Dan" from Daniel and "Ham" is to remember the days when you could eat ham freely. Also it's a very chic name in Gulf countries tbqh.

If there name is muhammad a lot of the time we just call them their middle name

Panjeet Singh Ackmed reporting in

Thank you, I will henceforth be known as Hamdan ibn Terry Shamal

brancisqu ibn al cataloni

I will keep my name Tor and be a rebel.

Mu3awiya

>muthreeawiya
???

My first name is Arabic anyway so it's fine

t. shia

the messiah for them is Isa (Jesus)

>Your country becomes Islamic!

My country is already a majority muslim, but just in case ISIS occupy us tomorrow and force me to adopt an Islamic name I'll go with Adam since it's a Christian name as well