Was he elite or shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qy5iZh86e4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Overrated. Not elite elite like Messi or even Cristiano Ronaldo, but more like elite+ like Klose or Inzaghi.
Also a poor leader. While France 2010 sank he did nothing.

Why is this a question?
Henry is the prems greatest striker ever besides shearer. He made scoring look so easy and fluent, he ran through defenses like they werent there.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qy5iZh86e4

Who thinks of doing that

le classy striker

elite

remind you that he got robbed of the ballon d'or, i dont care what pavel did.

>Klose or Inzaghi

Ridiculous. Neither of them were even close to Henry's level.

Should have been ballon d'or 2006

For me he's the 2nd best striker of the last 20 years after Ronaldo

but which ronaldo

Portuguese obviously, the GOAT

>being this new
The real ronaldo

but both played for real

Well i said striker so it should have been obvious

he arrived at barça too late

Unironically shit, even though he was a star at the elite level
One-trick pony relying on speed, he was comically bad in Barcelona when he had lost most of it.
Still fooled some because his stats were decent because the opp. team literally shifted all the way over to the other side to stop Messi so he got 5 1on1s each game

>Henry
>one trick pony

You haven't got a clue Sweden. Go back to watching your gf get fucked by Somalis

Undoubtedly elite BUT WOAT striker in finals.

He literally has never scored a goal in any final he's played in.

Even in the MLS.

He was elite and anyone who says otherwise is feeling way too hot with their teeth in their mouth

He didn't perform well enough for a long enough period to be elite. He was certainly way above average and I loved watching him play. People will pull the old "but he started as a winger" meme, but that doesn't mean anything desu.
I wouldn't say he was overrated, but I think a lot of his career is ignored and people only look at his time at Arsenal. Drogba on the other hand was overrated.

>tftp
Henry was fast and the defenders he played against were still from the beer-era and hadn't seen a stepover before. It's easy to play when you have acceleration 20 and opponents have acceleration 5

It's was only 10-15 years ago lol, wtf are you on about

He was a top 2 euro striker for at least 6 years.

That's a very long peak.

What striker's were on top longer than that?

Even Ronaldo's was less.

Was absolutely elite, one of the most exciting players to watch. The greatest black player ever too

He was a fantastic player but definitely NOT in Top 100 ALL TIME BEST

Name every single one of those players, along with the clubs they played for, the positions they played in, the names of their family members, their favorite sex positions, and their leniency towards the Nature v Nurture debate.

99 on fifa and thats all that needs to be said

Disagree.
They were very different types of players compared to Henry, but as good and as successful

Another one of the players who were elite in the prem but couldn't cut it in La Liga

he was far from a flop at barca.

his legs had already gone by then anyway.

big choker, supposedly the icon of the team but didnt take the most important free kick in the 93rd minute of that famous roy miller game, or score any goals in the playoffs. literally footylad tier #legend #respect while doing absolutely nothing to deserve it

part 2: while people praised henry after every "brilliant" goal he scored no one really stopped to look at the standings and see that he was nothing more than a bully. never scored in big matches, waste of money. would've rather gone with an agudelo/rodgers strike partnership instead of henry messing up all of the prospects careers because he needed to be fit in

You're a serious mongoloid if you rate Inzaghi and Klose on the same level as Henry. Both of them were good at one thing only, tapping the ball in from 5-10 yards. And they could only average 15 goals a season doing that.

who cares about MLS era Henry lmao.

He died after he left Barca.

Neither were as successful. Klose won 2 league titles and a WC. Inzaghi is comparable in the team trophy department, but Henry blows them both out of the water when it comes to individual accolades.

And ability wise it's a laughable comparison. It would be like saying Darren Fletcher is as good as Zidane.

He is easily top 100

Sheva was better.

Dominated in a tougher defensive league, one of the best Champions League performers in history and considerably better in big games.

Let's not forget how much Arsenal improved when Henry left. They went from struggling in 2007 to dominating the league in 2008 the moment they got rid of that selfish ballhog.

thats not henry though henry was bald

Elite or shit, like there's no inbetween

Henry was a beast but his finishing ability was vastly overrated compared to the elites of the time like Raul or Inzaghi. Van Nistelrooy was also a better finisher. Their Champions League goalscoring records dwarved Henry's.

There doesn't need to be, he was elite FACT. Anyone who says otherwise obviously didn't watch football in the early-mid 2000s

Also Henrik Larsson was the better player in practically every department before injuries.

>Henry was a beast but his finishing ability was vastly overrated compared to the elites of the time like Raul or Inzaghi. Van Nistelrooy was also a better finisher.

Then why did he outscore all of them and win more golden boots?

>Their Champions League goalscoring records dwarved Henry's.

Henry is the 6th all time CL scorer though

Luckily tap-ins are worth just as much as running past 11 opposing players. It doesn't matter how cool or aesthetically pleasing a goal is, its still a goal.
That's why I said they were different types of players. Inzaghi and Klose were poachers, Henry wasn't. But that doesn't make one worse than the other.

>tf
>tt

Larsson was better at heading and that's it

Also he spent his career in Scotland, he can't be rated on the same level.

Elite. Anything else is you trying to be contrarian.

appearances and goals between 1999 and 2006. and they were all fucking great. hardly any tap ins. and 20 assists in the league one year.

he is elite. won everything. got NIKED for the baloon of gold by meme players.

>But that doesn't make one worse than the other.

Not if the poacher scores a lot more goals than the other player, but Klose and Inzaghi only ever got close to Henry's numbers once or twice in their careers. Henry was not only a 30+ goal a season player at his peak, he was also one of the top creators. He still holds the record for most assists in a single PL season.

Now that's a valid argument, thanks for being constructive.
I didn't know that, maybe I need to concede that Henry was a better player overall.

Comparing him to Inzaghi/Klose may still have been wrong in that case then, since they had different roles and playstyles throughout their careers.

>Arsenal improve

Who was better Henry or Bergkamp

t. Arsenal cuck

bergkamp, one of the most technically skilled players of his era possibly ever. if he was more consistent at goalscoring he'd be rated much higher

But obviously if you can do more with the ball you're more multi-dimensional as a player and are a better footballer overall. If you were talking about pure scoring ability then maybe you're right, but you forget Henry has the Premier League assist record as well bagging fucking 20 in a season. Is he not a better dribbler than those two?

best pacey negro the world has ever seen

Literally haven't won the league since Henry and co have left.

arsene ruined his legacy

cheater

Henry ruined Wenger's legacy in 2006

tfw you're right

>couldnt defend epl with supposedly strongest arse team ever: "drew alot"
>need to go to strongest Barcelona team in recent decades to win the champions league while betraying arse leaving them in tatters

Absolutely disgusting only arse cucks will ever rate him

>Henry is shit according to nu-Sup Forums

go ahead and nuke this fucking board

kek

I bet you rate Giggs

Elite

I cannot decide whether he is an misunderstood hack or an overrated genius

>overrate
>proxy

Yeah, fuck off.

So many edgy underage fags. For me, Henry is only behind Ronaldo for a perfect striker.

one of the best of his generation, probably the first successful hybrid of striker/playmaker in the english game. that one season where he scored and assisted 20 league goals was fucking insane. single handedly embarrassed united, chelsea, liverpool and spurs a number of times. humiliated guys like nesta, zanetti, ramos etc on a personal level as well.

however i will never, ever be able to forgive him for paris 2006. every time i close my eyes i see cesc play him through and him pass to the fucking keeper 1 on 1.

At their peak:
Fatnaldo>Raul>Henry>Sheva>Van Nistelrooy

yeah, CRynaldo is a playmaker too, right. He also makes assists

>not blaming mad Jens for that retarded red card
>not blaming the ref for handing out a red and a pen even though he later on admitted that this was the biggest misdecision of his professional career
>not blaming Almunia for being a total mong getting beaten near post twice
sure he also shares the blame but there are others who deserve your hatred

>Raul

No. He was a tap-in babby.

R9 > Henry > Sheva > Raul > RVN

Raul was actually the purest 9 of all these guy.
Raul had a good technique but he was far from Ronaldo's one, he wasn't fast with the ball like Henry or Sheva, he wasn't strong like Van Nistelrooy. Raul always made the right move without the ball and when the ball was in his feet he never made the wrong decision.

elite

not dark enough for sweden to like

you must be retarded mate. im sorry about that

jens, yeah he was a dickhead. almunia i let off cos he got thrown in randomly in the fucking cl final. thierry had already won the wc, euro, invincible prem etc. become arsenal's top scorer. then he choked like 3 1 on 1s that you'd bet your fucking life on him scoring. i'll never get over it. rip pires

Giggs is legitimately overrated though all fans with actual footballing knowledge know that he was carried by one of the best teams of the era.

>inb4 le meme goal from 50 years ago is posted

cheeky spaniard

I had forgotten how retarded his running was.

Henry is a freak of nature to have such good touch with those lanklet legs

he had hair you cunt.

Elite until the final. Kinda like Higuain