Is this the worst example of shamelessly pandering to reddit?

Is this the worst example of shamelessly pandering to reddit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you're the stupidest shit kicking asshole on the planet

what?

No.

Shut the fuck up, retard

what?

Kung Fury is fun for 5 minutes and then quickly overstays it's welcome, which is a really odd thing to say about a 30 minute movie.

Pic related is the only good thing past the initial minute or so honeymoon phase.

I was genuinely entertained by this. Pastiche done right bro

Shit poster BTFO

No it's an example of concept that isn't worth 30-40 minutes and is best done through a trailer.

special effects are some of the worst special effects I've ever seen

Yes, anything you don't like is pandering to Reddit, you meme spewing retard.

Pandering to Reddit is a meaningless criticism. That said Kung Fury is awful and seemed to have no clue what it was supposed to be parodying.

>a really odd thing to say about a 30 minute movie.
Not at all. Kung Fury would have been a good five minute film. Stretching it out to 30 minutes didn't work.

I fucking hate most "80's homages" like these.

It's like these people never watched an actual 80's movie and just assumed that things were on the level of a Duke Nukem game.

I wish a 80's action parody would come out on the same level that Black Dynamite parodied 70's Blaxsploitation movies so accurately.

wasn't even funny. they should have made Hitler the good guy or something. do anything original for fuck's sake. making absolute horseshit on the pretense of satire is going to give me a stroke

I always say if you're not any good at writing just parody something. You're basically making profit off of other peoples work.

Fpbp

I liked it for what it was, but then again I also went into it with the intention of having a good time and not trying to pseudo-intellectually pick it apart like my favourite film critic would.

>they should have made Hitler the good guy

The movie isn't supposed to be realistic.

Ya'll havent seen shit in terms of reddit.
Coming soon, directed by Steven Spielberg himself

what is this

An exert from Ready Player One, upcoming film based on the best selling novel

This
/thread

Yeah. It was created by a quasi-millennial who was born in 1985. That means he was five when he left the 80's. I was an 80's kid and this movie is like what a millennial would think the 80's were like had he lived it. I was hoping for more nostalgia or inside-bad-80's-action-jokes but it didn't deliver. It wasn't dull. I was entertained. But this wasn't what the 80's were like. It's what the 80's were like if you watched a bunch of 80's YouTube b-movie vids, google imaged 80's shit, etc. Not actually lived thru that entire decade like me.

yes

also danger 5 is better, but we all know that.

>Danger 5 is better

True. Season 2 was so good.

Kung Fury was fun to watch while drunk though, not gonna lie.

Everything mentioned in this thread tries too hard.

turbo kid did it right. kung fury was absolute trash, turned it off after a few minutes.

fuck off old fag.

This.

Saw deadpool in the theater thinking it would be average at best based on the hype or maybe even be decent to good. It was an awful piece of shit, not sure how anyone over the age of 12 could enjoy it.

Kill yourself 90s born piece of shit

I feel like the movie they're basing off of this youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g is going to fall to the same fate as Kung Fury.

Really cool music video for what it is but it will likely be a piece of shit film, especially since it's funded by kikestarter.

Turbo Kid was okay but I was getting really bored by the end of it. I did really enjoy the soundtrack though. I feel like with better pacing the second half of the film would have been more enjoyable but maybe that's just me.