Your Last Five+ Ratings on RYM

Post your last five or so ratings.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1ODthq3h-H8
youtube.com/watch?v=EMlVe0q9o74
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm straight, I don't go on that website.

k

here ya go

>being straight
>talking about music
pick one

It's depressing the only album I recognize here is the shitty Jaden Smith one.

feeling pretty funky the last couple of days

as expected of someone who gave lonerism a 4.5

A friend recommended it to me leave me alone.

I like all the funk you got.

:Snow Patrol 4.5 Stars
Top kek

Is that Lingua album THAT good? I've been interested in picking it up.

>Syre 3.5/5
wtf

well it is that good imo its very odd and harsh I think you should check it out

I dont use RYM because im not a fucking loser

Yet you are still here

You’re pretty cool man

Cale's a cool dude

how raw was the demo

oh yeah that dreamworld tape is absolutely amazing

what's that various artists album about ww2?

It was the first various artists LP from Rock-O-Rama documenting the German Punk scene from the early '80s:
youtube.com/watch?v=1ODthq3h-H8

2018 releases rated so far

lovin' life

Ye coward needeth to listen t' music from this century

mmm

Production was comparable to the production on Giles Corey, only a bit more lo-fi and so much more reverb

that Protomartyr album is really that good? i still have to listen to a lot of stuff that came out last year.
how good is that Patio Solar album?

Syre has a pretty high rating for my tastes.
glad i'm not the only one that feels Fever Ray is slightly overrated.
I still unironically need to listen to Ultraviolence.

You should give it a try, the first time i tried to listen to it i got bored and didn't even finished it. I decided to give it a second try and i liked it a lot. Kinda agree with Scaruffi.

2018 better be better than 2017

okay

I don't think I'll ever run out of 70s/80s weird stuff.

bumpo

fuck off

Weird, I was just talking to a friend about that Mace album. Not a fan
Wayyy to low for Alvvays
>Protomartyr 4.5 and angles 9 4

Great taste
Lonerism’s a 9/10, smart man. Fuck the haters
Funkadelic’s pretty great my dude
Ya def not ulver’s best work
Great taste. 6feet deep is a masterpiece
I can respect the plunge score. I think that album was pure trash
DNOTD is stellar

Love love love Little earthquakes. Was listening to it this morning
Yes, the Protomartyr Record is reallygood. Dummy is dope
Ya ooz was fairly overrated but still good
You sleepin hard on that flipper album. It’s amazinh
>Hissing Fauna 1.5

You definitely should consider suicide

>how good is that Patio Solar album?
pretty enjoyable, there are songs that are meh but it has some good moments

>Lonerism’s a 9/10, smart man. Fuck the haters
Aren't you the trip that told me I fake my taste and called me a drone? Maybe I faked it there. You'll never know.

I can guarantee that wasn’t me. I don’t talk like that
Fuck ya, love Throbbing Gristle and Impossible Kid was my runner up for AOTY2016. Favorite tracks on it?

Shit on my taste
>FORGET a 4.5
My man

blood sandwhich, lotta years, rings

>Hissing Fauna 1.5
I wanted to like it but couldn't. The first few tracks were good and then the rest was filler.

>Weird, I was just talking to a friend about that Mace album. Not a fan
I know they're not a "good" band by conventional standards, but I like their erratic style of punky Thrash. Reminds me of a West Coast equivalent of Executioner.

How did you hear Ceylon? They still haven't updated their bandcamp.

>the lamb at 3
What lmao

pretty understandable ratings
someone else that finds Can to be of middling quality, cool
what's that Los Shadows album?
based as fuck
I still haven't worked through that prog electronic list you dropped months ago, because of all your ratings picks being just as interesting

Plastic ono band is great, how many listens did you give it?
>dummy 4.5

Well done. Good picks for tracks too, rings was one of my favs and I absolutely love dorks
Even if i didn’t like it I would call any of it filler. Past Is a Grotesque Animal is the centerpoint and climax of the record’s concept. It’s a pretty polarizing record so I suppose I can understand not liking it. Have you heard any of their other shit?
I can see that, just didn’t work for me. Such a mess

>I can guarantee that wasn’t me.
Ah, alright. Sorry for the mixup then.

By the way, any thoughts on this?

Well, there is a difference between a 5 and a 2 for me. It's more the re-listenability than quality, even if there is a lot of overlap

glad you got use out of that prog list. I'm making actual RYM lists right now for a few things too. It just takes some time

thin black duke is leagues ahead of forget

syre WAY too high

props on your work ethic

hollow WAY too high

good dummy score

give generic flipper another chance soon. are you familiar w/ punk music?

give ege bamyasi another chance soon

the ascension is a 10/10

I knew someone would mention that. Not the biggest prog rock guy in gen but while there were a lot of great parts it was so overblown and cringe some of the time and dragged on forever without making good use of the space imo
Hmm haven’t heard it yet. Might take a crack at it when I finish this Bathory album
Always love me some Rallizes. You checked out their Mizutani record yet?
Did you listen to the 2017 circa record? i thought it was really underrated

local band, ive been going to a lot of shows in the south california area and adding all the bands i see onto RYM

i was at a great set on new years and they played last during the countdown, ive really enjoyed everything ive heard from them

youtube.com/watch?v=EMlVe0q9o74

Well shit man RIP

Sorry wrong thread. Thank you though. I really liked your Grace Vanderwaal review.

Did they change their sound this year? I honestly don't want to hear more of them
so ratings are more indicative of how much you want to hear it again, which may or may not be related with quality? I haven't found that to be an issue

Looking forward to your lists, too
I'll give them a shot

Ayy well thanks a lot. What’s your account? Add me if you want
Dog have you seen their discog, they’ve changed their sound like a dozen times lol. I’d definitely say give Sunlandic Twins and Cherry Peel a shot. Neither sound anything like that album. Sunlandic is really warm catchy synthpop and is a lot more accessible, and Cherry Peel is lo fi twee pop with rock elements and insanely catchy choruses. If you don’t like those they probably aren’t for you.

Spoiler: they’re my favorite band and I’ve hung out with the frontman multiple times so I’m a bit biased haha

I can enjoy something, but if I know I'll never listen to it ever again I simply won't keep it in my library or even rate it.

For instance, I gave Daniel Arfib's Musique numérique a 2, even though it's a great album. I've only listened to it twice. Something like Czekając na kometę Halleya, also excellent, I listen to more frequently (according to my library, five times). So it gets a 4.5. Of course, this isn't true for every rate, not in the slightest. It's just something I sort of keep in mind when rating.

In the end the number of stars is mostly meaningless. Simple as that. Given the choice I'll recc my 5's though, if someone wants reccs.

interesting system. I guess that means all your ratings are open for recommending to people, which is cool

oh shit responded to the wrong post of yours
i'm this guy , meant to ask about about Circa Survive

that said I've heard Gay Parade from Of Montreal, pretty good stuff

Doesn't adding people show up on our map though? That's why I haven't been doing it. I love my map even more than my curve.

post map

Whatever.

Gonna be honest, I've only listened to it once so far. Maybe I'll enjoy it more on future listens. I really liked Why, Why Not, and Paper Shoes (they reminded me of Starsailor), but not so much AOS and Touch Me (the former gave me a headache, the latter didn't help but it did make me laugh from how over the top it got).

Does your Thailand friend show up on your main page map? That's what I'm trying to reserve for music.

yeah but it's a green dot

>Giving WORRY. a 4.5/5
based

+1 for cunning stunts. one of my favorite albums. you should check the rest of their discog if you havent

Oh ok now I see I have a friends green dot on my main page. It's a lot less obvious on that one.

Surprised at how little I know itt considering how much I've rated. Must prefer different stuff then most of y'all.
I like the war on drugs album more but fair score
Agreed about can
Disagreed about VW
Solid 3.5/5 for me

Friends show up in a different color so it really makes no difference
Ya def check out my aforementioned recs as well as paralytic stalks, another of their best. Paralytic stalks is more progressive and uses a lot of chamber instrumentation as well as included passges that are aleotoric in nature which is really cool to obvserve
Eureka is great
>devo and the fall that low

Get ur shit together man

Always thought that Cardiacs was aight, but have you heard Land And Sea?
SILY is 5 stars

>SILY is 5 stars
lmao

>SILY is 5 stars
Meh, to each their own.
It was pleasant don't get me wrong.
And the production that must've gone into it is insane.

But my actual enjoyment of it... well it didn't leave me all that impressed.
It's nice but I don't get the hype honestly.

Which surprises me because I'm probably a lot more open to disco influence than most Sup Forumstants and critics

I can totally respect not finding it a masterpiece to listen to the way I do. I just find it really blissful and creative. It inhabits a world completely different than our own in the best possible way

sily is god tier and you’re wrong

How am I wrong?
I'm only saying I wasn't personally impressed.
That's just my subjective view.
Just saying bruh

Hot damn, relistening to Yoko Ono/Plastic Ono Band was a great idea man. Really warmed up to Greenfield Morning, AOS, and Touch Me more. Definitely gonna give Fly a listen soon, can't wait to hear it.